• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sion

Island of Horizon
yeah, i had this name since late '06. some person pointed it out a while back, but i meant for it to be from melty blood. i mained sion in melty blood a while back before i got into melee.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cool thanks. I've used this page for figuring out what runes to get:

http://runeterra.com/forums/index.php?topic=1137

That and looking at multiple guides and seeing if there's a strong majority for one rune type.
Overwhelmingly for the non-tank mana consuming champs people usually get...
Marks: magic/armor pen, sometimes flat AD
Seals: mana regen/lvl, health/lvl, or dodge
Glyphs: mana regen/lvl or flat MR
Quints: flat health, armor Pen

^Some sort of combination of those usually, unless you're playing a champ that scales or synergizes with a particular stat really well.

I'd link you this guide I saw on... I think solomid.net about all the runes, but that one rune patch messed it up. :(

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Roku's guide is pretty good, though I disagree with a number of things...

specifically, I think MRes/level vs. flat MRes glyphs are a lot closer than he puts them. Like, on a jungler, MRes is pretty irrelevant until teamfights, and by then, MRes/levels have caught up and surpassed the flats. I also think Flat HP Quints are deceptively high on his list because basically no one runs them at high elo.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
So far I'm liking Sion. Shield -> Stun -> Explode shield -> Exhaust -> Stun just wrecks some one without a cleanse. That and destroying whole minion waves in one shot is too fun.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
they're pretty funny but stop multiposting and read the global rules! :laugh:
i got an warning PM with that picture in it!!!

so pro!!!

i love :teemo: and lux

So far I'm liking Sion. Shield -> Stun -> Explode shield -> Exhaust -> Stun just wrecks some one without a cleanse. That and destroying whole minion waves in one shot is too fun.
there is a guide on leaguecraft called like Bukkake Sion thats hilarious
cuz of his shield boom haha

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I personally hold the opinion that Sion is the most abusive piece of **** ******* in the entire world on a solo lane. It seems like the only champs capable of acomplishing anything vs. him are the ones who can dodge his stupid *** stun and just 1-shot the creep wave back the other direction (Sivir, Morgana, Vlad).

S l o X

Smash Champion
Jungle Brolaf is fun but apparently I don't gank enough? (according to my friends older brother)

Kass was fun when I played him. prog, where you at? (I also have MF but I only play her when my team needs a carry and no one cares or if we need a solo top)

Why did Azen ever play AD Kennen? o_o

Limeee

Smash Champion
tristana is the best
rocketjump-the blind spell thing-everything else <3
what runes should i get? i'm going to unlock her first but what runes?

:009:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Jungle Brolaf is fun but apparently I don't gank enough? (according to my friends older brother)

Kass was fun when I played him. prog, where you at? (I also have MF but I only play her when my team needs a carry and no one cares or if we need a solo top)

Why did Azen ever play AD Kennen? o_o
AD Kennen is a really flexible carry. He's pretty much impossible for counter carries to fight because he just turns on his ult and chain stuns you and kills you with auto-attacks in the meantime. It's like a more defensive version of Ashe, not necessary the best damage output on the carry, but really strong utility (just comes in the form of 1v1ing and running rather than IMBA Enchanted Crystal Arrow).

L__

Smash Master
I did my first ranked 5s game

I had a black out in my mind and suddenly I realized I bought the wrong item

doesn't matter though

your team will flame you hard

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Runes for Trist.

Marks: Armor Pen or attack speed. Most people go armor pen because it's better.

Seals: Flat Armor, Dodge, Mp5/level. I wouldn't recommend the Mp5 but some people really like to spam her skills.

Glyphs: CDR, Magic Resist, Mp5/level, attack speed. I'd prolly go with magic resist, since the other options are generally not so hot. Also CDR is really expensive.

Quints: Armor pen, movement speed or flat health. Armor pen is the norm here.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
In the reddit chat, I was talking with rambo on my smurf about who were the bottom tier champions. Next thing I know I get an invite to a game with him. Would have been hysterical to have a level 9 smurf playing with an 1875 guy, but I didn't see the message till I was in another game :(

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Trist can take a general "good" set of runes, it's mainly all about how you play her.
You can say this about any champ.

Still doesn't change the fact that a Trist with armor pen will be at an advantage against a Trist with something else.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He mostly referred to Glyphs and Seals. ArPen is basically a given

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
A Trist with armor pen might not necessarily do as well as a Trist with attack speed if her build requires a madreds :p
Nah, even then armor pen will help a lot up till you get madreds.

Same reason I use armor pen on AP Nidalee. Beast autoattacks in the laning phase.

What do I know tho. ;p

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I like how you say 'might not necessarily" to cover your butt.

A Trist with attack speed and Madred's might have a slightly higher DPS over a Trist with ArP and a Madred's against foes with little magic resist but that's just comparing two Trists at one point without any other factors.

A Trist with ArP will still have better damage output over the first 20 minutes or so of the game that it takes to farm a Madred's which usually translates into farming gold and other champions better. Add to that that there are few instances where a BR build is more effective than an IE build and yeah...

I don't think there is a good Trist player alive that would ever argue attack speed over armor pen in any situation, unless you're some weirdo doing Jungle Trist.

Kirbster13

Smash Cadet
You can say this about any champ.

Still doesn't change the fact that a Trist with armor pen will be at an advantage against a Trist with something else.
I like how you say 'might not necessarily" to cover your butt.

A Trist with attack speed and Madred's might have a slightly higher DPS over a Trist with ArP and a Madred's against foes with little magic resist but that's just comparing two Trists at one point without any other factors.

A Trist with ArP will still have better damage output over the first 20 minutes or so of the game that it takes to farm a Madred's which usually translates into farming gold and other champions better. Add to that that there are few instances where a BR build is more effective than an IE build and yeah...

I don't think there is a good Trist player alive that would ever argue attack speed over armor pen in any situation, unless you're some weirdo doing Jungle Trist.
Attack speed gives you higher damage per second, armor pen gives you higher damage per hit. I think Trist does better in teamfights with higher DPS, and reaching max attack speed when you pop your Q with madreds will better allow you to gain survivability items instead of having to tack on some more DPS to keep up with your opponent's tank.

I prefer hitting fast with my characters, and using this allows me to farm faster ;)

ArP has its benefits too, definitely, in that when you DO hit (AKA when you can punish your opponent during laning phase when they step out of bounds) you hit significantly harder than without ArP.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Attack speed gives you higher damage per second, armor pen gives you higher damage per hit. I think Trist does better in teamfights with higher DPS, and reaching max attack speed when you pop your Q with madreds will better allow you to gain survivability items instead of having to tack on some more DPS to keep up with your opponent's tank.

I prefer hitting fast with my characters, and using this allows me to farm faster ;)

ArP has its benefits too, definitely, in that when you DO hit (AKA when you can punish your opponent during laning phase when they step out of bounds) you hit significantly harder than without ArP.
Math disagrees with you. :(

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah I'm really confused. Attack speed gives you higher damage per second, while ArP gives you more damage per hit?

If you do more damage per hit, you're also gaining higher DPS. What you mean to say (I think) is attack speed gives you more attacks per second while ArP gives you more damage per hit.

Even with a full page of attack speed marks, attack speed quints, that 4 percent from alacrity, berserker greaves, a madred's bloodrazor, and a level 5 Q Trist still doesn't max out her attack speed. Add a recurve bow on top of all that and you're still not maxed. So I don't really get the point of maxing out her speed so much.

But anyway, I'll just say this. Everyone just play how you want. I'll argue for ArP all day and say it's always better but at the end of the day you should just play how you want. I could tell Azen about how much better AP Kennen is over AD Kennen but he seems to do much better with AD Kennen so we can leave it at that.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah I think you're confusing what I said with: "I'm just gonna play how I want."

My phrase is more of a "I don't really want to argue with every differentiating opinion anymore."

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
One of the ultimate scrub phrases. How I love and hate the internet.
WAIT WAIT WAIT...

aren't you the guy that told me you were like "semi pro" in Halo:CE and when I called you out on it, you had no idea who the REAL pros were and didn't travel for major events and just had one guy that you "heard was one of the best in Canada" who told you that were good?

And you are calling someone else out on "scrub phrases?"

Better still, you didn't know anything about backpack reload, one of the most important H1 tricks that anyone even close to "good" knew about. You also said that Halo 2 was "ruined by glitches" OH YOU MEAN like wavedashing and l-canceling ruined Melee?

Sorry dude. Calling you out here: You are a scrub.

Scamp is my boy and you have been full of fail in this thread. I've had fun playing some matches with you, but you are truly, truly outrageously scrubby.

:teemo:

Top Bottom