• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Probably Dominion now.
If you don't mind boring againstbots coop, but occasionally you get puerile who refuse top push.fastest is probably 4 smurfs and one friend on his 30 account on a snowballing champ.

Dominion gives exp like tt, but typically takes longer than tt.

:phone:

Vyke

Smash Champion
Longer than TT? From my experience that map tends to go longer because of the HOLY **** LETS TURTLE FOREVER BECAUSE THE NEXUS IS RIGHT NEXT TO THE FOUNTAIN strategy employed.

Probably less prevalent at lower elo though, I guess. Still, Dominion probably more consistent than it now.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Its very uncommon to not have a 15 minute surrender in my experience, and occasionally you win before that as well. Although occasionally it can go longer as well. The best thing about TT smurfing is that for the most part it's genuinely awful players instead of smurfs everywhere.

Whereas from my experience in smurfing dominion, unless I super carry my team is always awful and we lose: http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/Ignatius256/LoLDominioncarry.png

Not to mention the games take forever. That's about 7 exp more than you get for a 15 minute surrender on TT. It just has not been efficient for me at all.

D

Deleted member

So, I made it through my first full LoL match today.

That match was f***ing fun.

MacD

Banned via Administration
if you ever play a game with snowmail12, fear for your life

somehow had him 3 ranked games in a row on my team

fed 8 kills before 20 min each game

proceeds to tell everyone else they suck

... yeeee?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Skankalicious
A cat is fine too
OJ did it
dude wheres my car
Sir Poopington

The list goes on and on

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Im clearly the best DMG cause I have a 1 after my name

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
my adventures in co-op vs ai at level 1-5 so far have included:

yi going 0-4 against ashe bot and rage quitting
miss fortune attempting to take tower at level 1 with no creeps by 'dodging' tower shots
alistar talking to bot team as if they were a real team

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I had a Veigar that left middle lane to jungle at LVL 4. Killed by Golem twice. Then decided to start roaming.

:phone:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Longer than TT? From my experience that map tends to go longer because of the HOLY **** LETS TURTLE FOREVER BECAUSE THE NEXUS IS RIGHT NEXT TO THE FOUNTAIN strategy employed.

Probably less prevalent at lower elo though, I guess. Still, Dominion probably more consistent than it now.
iggy is right it takes us like 15min - 18 min per game

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Anyone up for ranked 5's when I get back from work tomorrow around 9-10 EST? I'll be on Vent, up for seriouslies and also talking about getting a more dedicated 5's team going and what we all would feel most comfortable playing

Enough talking about it time to actually do it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
anyone up for ranked 5's when i get back from work tomorrow around 9-10 est? I'll be on vent, up for seriouslies and also talking about getting a more dedicated 5's team going and what we all would feel most comfortable playing

enough talking about it time to actually do it.
Me!
Me!
Pick me!
-DD

Turazrok

Smash Master
The new tom and pals could scrim sometime I suppose. Need to get tom and fro in sync about ganks.

Lol.

MacD

Anyone up for ranked 5's when I get back from work tomorrow around 9-10 EST? I'll be on Vent, up for seriouslies and also talking about getting a more dedicated 5's team going and what we all would feel most comfortable playing

Enough talking about it time to actually do it.
YOU ALREADY KNOW!!!!!!!!!!

Loll, I've done this before. We had to work sooo hard, but we won eventually, a la backdoor.
I think the team was Sivir, Ashe, Caitlyn, MF, Ezreal. AKA Ez and his *****es.
you mean ez and his hags :p

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I'm going to play my first game in, oh, let's say two weeks shortly. What should I know?

-Are ranged carries currently good?
-I hear Morg's OP again - what lane does she take, and what's a good base build?
-Are there plenty of squishies for Akali to squish? Also, does Akali have good lane opponents right now?

Any other tips you have for the current meta are appreciated.

edit: oh yea, and is Pirate still good?

and @John: I played one game two weeks ago and that was it. So really you can say I haven't played in over a month. It's definitely been long enough that I don't know what's happening with the game. I haven't played since...right before Talon was released, I think.

john!

Smash Hero

and @John: I played one game two weeks ago and that was it. So really you can say I haven't played in over a month. It's definitely been long enough that I don't know what's happening with the game. I haven't played since...right before Talon was released, I think.
if you're asking which heroes are good... it doesn't matter. if everyone played the current meta heroes then the meta would never change. play who YOU think is good, not who the community thinks is FOTM.

if you're asking about general team strategy... a few games should give you a general idea whether there are any significant changes, but there usually aren't since the actual format of the game rarely ever changes.

you'll do fine lol

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
if you're asking which heroes are good... it doesn't matter. if everyone played the current meta heroes then the meta would never change. play who YOU think is good, not who the community thinks is FOTM.

if you're asking about general team strategy... a few games should give you a general idea whether there are any significant changes, but there usually aren't since the actual format of the game rarely ever changes.

you'll do fine lol
But the thing is that I haven't played in forever. Example: last time I really played, Soraka was still a straight up heal bot. The game is different now, and I don't know enough about what people are doing to know who I think would do well. That's why I ask haha.

And I won't be playing a few games. I'll be playing one game, it's all I have time for, and that's why I'm coming here to try and make that one game a fun one. On that note, if anyone would like to play I'd love it :awesome: And if not, your advice is appreciated.

MacD

so i've now beat akali's twice with brand in lane, like killed a couple times/out CS

and twice they go feed off my other lanes, go legendary, then we lose the game

i hate that no matter how poorly and akali is doing, she always has that chance to get fed

it's so strange to me that people on the other team can gank as 4, but people on my team can't grasp that concept, it's so sad

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm going to play my first game in, oh, let's say two weeks shortly. What should I know?
Go to Elementz's tier list, play the first champ because Elementz says that champ is OP

Isn't that what 90% of people do?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
so i've now beat akali's twice with brand in lane, like killed a couple times/out CS

and twice they go feed off my other lanes, go legendary, then we lose the game

i hate that no matter how poorly and akali is doing, she always has that chance to get fed

it's so strange to me that people on the other team can gank as 4, but people on my team can't grasp that concept, it's so sad
Akali thrives on your team not being organized enough to stop her.
You should just push super hard if she leaves lane and go gank a different lane too.

-DD

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Go to Elementz's tier list, play the first champ because Elementz says that champ is OP

Isn't that what 90% of people do?
Shut up.

You gave me absolutely no help whatsoever. You didn't even try. I come here to ask the people who's opinions I trust about this game, and you decide it's your moment to regurgitate your recycled line about sheep mentality (which, how bout that, is sheep mentality of its own).

Just shut up. Your post was in no way related to mine and there was no reason for you to make it.

If I was going to go to the list then I would have. Stop insulting me when I gave you little reason to.

john!

Smash Hero
^ he wasn't insulting you, he was trying to be cynical, even though he did a bad job of it.

i have to wait >10 minutes in queue for a dominion game on my other account. it's getting a little ridiculous.

Top Bottom