• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yorick sustains hard in lane cause his sustain mana costs are low for what you get. And you can't necessarily counter it with resistance because he can then target minions for full damage.

Coney

Smash Master
yorick pisses me off only because i have no ****ing clue how much damage he's actually doing and how much damage i'm actually doing to him

it's even worse because even as yorick i'm not entirely sure. with swain i had no idea wtf he was doing to me, then i played him and now i love him and now it's easy, you just hit E first to get LOADSADAMAGE. but with yorick i'm like "um...e>w>q>TAKE THAT AND THAT AND THAT" and hope they die first

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
His burst is ok, his sustained is more annoying though because it presses his advantage if you can't already deal with his healing. E someone over and over in lane, eventually it adds up. That's where it looks like he does a ton of damage.

D

Deleted member

i have never not taken a **** on yorick whenever i faced him

i build more aggressively then most chos though

also, ideally when he red ghouls, u kite so at most it hits you once (brush tactics if u have to), having it hit you 2-3 times lets him regen as much as u

_Dice

Smash Ace

also, ideally when he red ghouls, u kite so at most it hits you once (brush tactics if u have to), having it hit you 2-3 times lets him regen as much as u
good yoricks max W in lane when dealing with good sustain champions since the majority of yorick sustain is based on his AD and not his ranks in E and the slow guarantees 2-3 hits from ghouls. and he does even MORE damage this way.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've had reasonable luck with nasus against yorick.

Yorick honestly doesn't pick up in annoyance until post 6 / tear. Smart use of side brush plus lol-heals plus a hopefully free farm situation for the first 5 or so minutes of the lane is all he needs.

jpak

Smash Lord
good yoricks max W in lane when dealing with good sustain champions since the majority of yorick sustain is based on his AD and not his ranks in E and the slow guarantees 2-3 hits from ghouls. and he does even MORE damage this way.
Many bad yoricks then since they don't max W ;[

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

The problem for me is that he always does it when I'm about to last hit and it makes it difficult to farm without getting mana starved :/. And then he heals faster than me.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
wee shud definatly bann da hotshotnidaleegg hes hes basicaaly kick my bruddah in da asz. my bouddah playing da lee singa so i basically hap to spen like even more tiam tryin to hap da lane so i becum vewy undalevol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I expected Udyr. Like literally a human man mode Udyr with Bear Skin on, telling us myths and legends of a time long forgotten...

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, I've gotten to level 6 just from playing with random teammates. But that's starting to get boring. Anyone want to do arranged teams?

I used to play DotA quite a bit back in the day, so I know how to play. I'm just in the process of understanding all the different heros and items.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Many bad yoricks then since they don't max W ;[
I MAX Q I DON'T KNOW WHO TAUGHT YOU ******S HOW TO PLAY YORICK BUT THERE'S NO POINT RUNNING AFTER PEOPLE IF YOU CAN'T CATCH THEM SO YOU GOTTA MOVE FAST MAYBE

Lol.

Minor note: You're supposed to max sustain spell (E) on Yorick over the slow. The scaling AD part stays the same, but the base damage more than triples and the CD scales down. The mana cost also doesn't massively scale upwards, letting him keep sustaining. Where as his slow is always 12 seconds, doesn't scale with AD (so getting manamune/etc won't make you hit harder or heal more), and doesn't contribute to what makes Yorick a strong laner which is massive sustain. He's not strong in lane because he can massively slow you, he's strong in lane because he gets a ranged auto target heal on a fairly low CD at a cheap mana cost that deals respectable amount of damage. AKA, he walks around like a ****** healing up massively while you take damage. The slow isn't bad, but getting your sustain up should be top priority.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
haha thats so cute

wee shud definatly bann da hotshotnidaleegg hes hes basicaaly kick my bruddah in da asz. my bouddah playing da lee singa so i basically hap to spen like even more tiam tryin to hap da lane so i becum vewy undalevol
hahahahaha

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Indian POW WOW voodoo magic from the Tibetan mountains

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
So weird to randomly run into other smash guys. GG fizwidget/chewbacca sauce.
GG. We don't normally play the roles we were and our 2 pubs had the solo lanes. It's unfortunate that we played under those circumstances but you guys definitely outplayed us. I'd like for Dan to talk to me about Xerath though.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
GG. We don't normally play the roles we were and our 2 pubs had the solo lanes. It's unfortunate that we played under those circumstances but you guys definitely outplayed us. I'd like for Dan to talk to me about Xerath though.
What about him.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
So hard to lose with talon in soloqeue lmao.

Ban ryze+noc.
Leave morgana open.
Pick talon after they first-pick her.

yay!

Top Bottom