• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

voorhese

Smash Master
can someone explain A kiting or S kiting, i have tried pressing both keys while i kite, and it doesnt seem to do anything for me.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
can someone explain A kiting or S kiting, i have tried pressing both keys while i kite, and it doesnt seem to do anything for me.
right click away -> a click away (or shift right click) -> right click away (start moving away, attack the nearest thing, continue moving away)

right click away -> s -> right click away (start moving away, stop (character automatically attacks the nearest hostile after stopping), continue moving away)

they're both ways to kite without needing to move your mouse back to your targets, which tends to be quicker for running away with a high enough attack speed that you can't move your mouse accurately between attacks.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Haha excellent I despise Garen. And my poor Nasus can't ever die or I fall behind on farming my Q

Also, this game makes no sense. I just won a ranked game after feeding like crazy. I was AD Sion bot lane with Soraka against a Graves and Alistar. Now I always forget Graves' range and power cause I don't usually lane against them. He destroyed me and I was dumb enough to get close to Alistar a couple times who stunned me against walls for easy Graves kills. Went 1/6 in the beginning and we lost bot tower somewhere around the 12 min mark I think. This Graves has double my cs for most of the game and goes around killing everyone and the entire team is blaming me which is true because I did feed him. Anyway, we just played smart from there and focused him down in teamfights and I started just getting all my teammates the kills they needed, stun is very gay LOL. Eventually we push up into their base and I've gotten a lot of assists and more farm at this point and I beat the Graves in a 1v1. This dude had 19 kills and I had 4 >_>

voorhese

Smash Master
OHHHH i see what it does now, i thought the A and S were ways to cancel ur attack animation, so i was still r. clicking target, and then away. no wonder it didnt do anything for me. thx =)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean when you heal for 50ish on hit, yeah you can stand in Garen's spin and herp around, THEN follow him when he's done combo him back up farm the wave for even more sustain etc. Wriggles is the funnest item in the game.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
OHHHH i see what it does now, i thought the A and S were ways to cancel ur attack animation, so i was still r. clicking target, and then away. no wonder it didnt do anything for me. thx =)
np, it's just fundamental mechanics that carried over from the RTS genre.

I mean when you heal for 50ish on hit, yeah you can stand in Garen's spin and herp around, THEN follow him when he's done combo him back up farm the wave for even more sustain etc. Wriggles is the funnest item in the game.
yea, I love when garen's come at me with W and E and act all surprised when I stand there with my W up and just attack them with my wriggles and come out on top. then they run away and I Q -> E and stomp em in the nuts a bit more before healing back up to full on the creep wave while he waits on his passive, lol. Irelia with wriggle's is pretty damn immovable.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So..who does Nidalee lose to top? I've been roflstomping everyone I play with her. They go back once and I have their tower, I can always farm up a wriggles with just boots/3 pots, etc.

I'm going boots ->wriggles -> atk speed or Merc treads -> atmas -> Warmogs ->Tforce ->Ga or mallet.

I've only had problems with yorick so far.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
right click away -> a click away (or shift right click) -> right click away (start moving away, attack the nearest thing, continue moving away)

right click away -> s -> right click away (start moving away, stop (character automatically attacks the nearest hostile after stopping), continue moving away)

they're both ways to kite without needing to move your mouse back to your targets, which tends to be quicker for running away with a high enough attack speed that you can't move your mouse accurately between attacks.
This is actually really really big news to me, since I've been known to have trouble kiting due to my in-game cursor being small and hard to see (my screen is huge). I never knew this. Thanks Mog

solecalibur

Smash Master
So..who does Nidalee lose to top? I've been roflstomping everyone I play with her. They go back once and I have their tower, I can always farm up a wriggles with just boots/3 pots, etc.

I'm going boots ->wriggles -> atk speed or Merc treads -> atmas -> Warmogs ->Tforce ->Ga or mallet.

In your experience does Riven do any good?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Just played a troll game. My team had 4 smites and an Eve. I was 7/3/14 as Promote/Smite Heimerdinger. We took it to an hour and almost won solely from overwhelming dragon control. Lollllllll.
Lost because we didn't have any summoner spells =[

Also, I love the Marquis Vlad skin. Bought him last night and 4-0 with him, complete decisive victories.

Related... why does any Nidalee max spear first? Especially when she goes... MID.

voorhese

Smash Master
Ok mogwai im still lost, i tried it, and it doesnt do anything different from waiting for my attack to go off and then moving back, does it increase the range or something of my auto aggro?

jpak

Smash Lord
so who are some good AP mid players you've seen on streams that aren't on the big teams?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

Of what I've played of AD nid, (a lot) rumble is easily the best counter.

And then Irelia, Cass, Kennen, Tryndamere, Yorick, and Caitlyn all either beat or go even with her, I'm convinced. I haven't played these matchups a whole lot, but I suspect Pantheon, Ryze, and Swain all do at least alright too. Not sure at all now. The rest kinda fail against her, including Riven. Picking an early ganking jungler can make more matchups doable tho.

And that's just laning too. AD nida less useful in teamfights than lots of champs, so you try to force those as best you can.

Hax

Smash Champion
It's up to you to make that call.

You know the benefits of both:

ignite secures kills/stops heals, also prevents you from being dominated in lane due to other AP having ignite (since if they are smart/even skilled with you they would force this trade, I think tele CD longer than ignite CD).

tele allows more mobility (split pushing/turret defense) on top of TF ult.

Just try to reason it out. Their isn't really a clear cut winner here, especially because TF has great split pushing ability and can use tele better than most AP mids.
there*

10chars

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Picked Irelia?

Just rush a phage after some life steal/wiggles,
herpa derp through their **** and then kill them without them having any means of escape.

How the hell do you beat yorick in lane with anyone? I run the most tankiest masteries/rune pages in the universe and it doesn't stop him from just ****** you with a billion of his ghouls any time you want to last hit, so ****ing awkward :(

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You don't beat Yorick in lane. You just avoid dying and farm as best as you can while having your jungler camp bottom and then are more relevant late than he is.

And yeah, Rumble super beats Nidalee. Riven beats Nidalee pre-six/wriggles, but after that it's Nidalee's favor til later game when Riven has items.

EDIT: That last Mogwai game on Pantheon was classic Mogwai. Feed like hell early, somehow do amazing mid game, win game.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
You don't beat Yorick in lane. You just avoid dying and farm as best as you can while having your jungler camp bottom and then are more relevant late than he is.

And yeah, Rumble super beats Nidalee. Riven beats Nidalee pre-six/wriggles, but after that it's Nidalee's favor til later game when Riven has items.

EDIT: That last Mogwai game on Pantheon was classic Mogwai. Feed like hell early, somehow do amazing mid game, win game.
i mean, that kennen just got fed as hell and it's like, what the **** can pantheon even do to run from a fed kennen that will trade ult for a kill on him?

then bam, baron, WU TANG CLAN AIN'T NOTHIN' TO **** WITH.

**** yo, I trashed that nid from the time minions spawned.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Oh dang, it's the legendary jpak GP back in action.

EDIT: Who is Illusive? I have him on my friends list and haven't known for the longest time >_>

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Aight welp Lol Statistics obviously doesn't take in Low elo games

my Janna win ratio is **** while I'm stuck in 1100 elo range. which sucks because I had an 90 percent win rate with janna when I was in the 1400 range. LOL

I can only win ranked games with Riven which is making me feel like in Low elo games the jungler wins the game.

so I guess its time to learn some better junglers.

is Nocturne still strong in the jungle? I tried udyr but I just don't really get him for some reason. and I been dabbling with skarner for a bit but I can't seem to get that super quick jungle clear like dphat does.

Top Bottom