• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet
i feel like its really hard to master ad cause youre so dependent on your support to do things for you

really good ad players can recognize how their supports are playing and adapt to that
when i play ad i assume things my support will do and end up dying because we have different ideas of what should happen

communication very hard

also vayne doesnt need a nerf. sivir is best ad carry right now real talk

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I can watch other own3d streams fine Jpak, just not yours for some reason.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
i feel like its really hard to master ad cause youre so dependent on your support to do things for you

really good ad players can recognize how their supports are playing and adapt to that
when i play ad i assume things my support will do and end up dying because we have different ideas of what should happen

communication very hard

also vayne doesnt need a nerf. sivir is best ad carry right now real talk
Are you a troll?

AD carry is simple as dirt. Shoot creeps until you can shoot champs. Don't die. Pick up kills when they're given to you.

Conversely, support is harder than everything that isn't a jungler.

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet
Are you a troll?

AD carry is simple as dirt. Shoot creeps until you can shoot champs. Don't die. Pick up kills when they're given to you.

Conversely, support is harder than everything that isn't a jungler.
wow u must be really really bad at this game

i agree that mid is most influential. everything is pretty difficult except jungling, wouldnt say mid is hardest though

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you have good support AD is not difficult throughout early game compared to the other roles.

AD carry only gets challenging when it transitions into mid-late when you have to position yourself in teamfights and kite around while maximizing dps.

Of course I'm talking in the scheme of competitive play, not solo queue.

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet
theres potential to win bot lane hard in competitive play just like solo queue

people scared of the risk though. they should be a little... but not to that point where bot lane is just a farmfest with small harass until jungler ganks

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet
Why would you risk it without the jungler? Giving enemy AD a lead is guaranteeing your team's loss.
yes because if the enemy ad gets a lead the game is over...............

why would you take any risks... because of associated rewards. you can either carry your team through bot lane (or get a lead at least) or you can just be a non factor until 25-30 minutes into the game. up to you.

ok so picture this:

buy two wards. ward dragon and tribush (or if you are blue team, ward the entrance to your jungle next to wraiths instead).

then push the lane really really hard. the other ad take free harass while csing, misses some cs at tower, you cant be ganked from the lane bushes, and the other tower takes damage

now youre ahead of the other ad and have drawn their jungler bot to waste his time.cause every possible way to gank is warded.

jpak

Smash Lord
ok so picture this:

buy two wards. ward dragon and tribush (or if you are blue team, ward the entrance to your jungle next to wraiths instead).

then push the lane really really hard. the other ad take free harass while csing, misses some cs at tower, you cant be ganked from the lane bushes, and the other tower takes damage

now youre ahead of the other ad and have drawn their jungler bot to waste his time.cause every possible way to gank is warded.
It's not that simple... Everything you listed has counters to it, everything in this game has one.

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet
It's not that simple... Everything you listed has counters to it, everything in this game has one.
who says its simple? its obviously not simple because very few people even do it

but it does work. yes everything in the game has counters but there are still strong strategies and weak strategies. strong champs and weak champs. youre simplifying the strategy as something that can be countered, and not as a tool that bot laners can use.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well yeah, if you gotta support a melee against ranged and give up early kills it's pretty tough, especially if everyone else feeds too.

jpak

Smash Lord
If anyone interested, I will be streaming 5s/scrims Monday night as I look for new players for my team

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
If anyone interested, I will be streaming 5s/scrims Monday night as I look for new players for my team

People who are not applying welcome?

I'd love to do some scrims, but I'm positive I'm not qualified.

Well yeah, if you gotta support a melee against ranged and give up early kills it's pretty tough, especially if everyone else feeds too.
Which begs the question, why do people think that sending a melee bottom to farm is a good idea. My Janna has literally shut down every melee champ that has been sent to farm in my lane.

jpak

Smash Lord
scrims as in matches vs other established competitive teams in a tournament draft cusotm game not like swf friday night scrim

jpak

Smash Lord
ooojustorbwalk will be mid (he should do very well)
nothinghere will be top

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Decided to try league on my church's internet connection. 90 ping, not too bad. For some reason when I started it decided to lag like no other. I saw 6.5k+ latency. The funny part of it all that the cait who had 21 cs at 8:30 ( I checked, she didn't even try to last hit, and they didn't harass her hard at all) was raging about me losing the game for us.

Top Bottom