• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Vyke

Smash Champion
Jax having trouble doing DPS in solo que? Hue. rank 5 empower at 3 second cooldown... hue.

Reverted Skarner Q mana costs. That's kind of a big deal, just how people didn't think putting it at 15 at all ranks wasn't a big deal, but ya, it kinda was. Big nerf yo, real big nerf

MUNDO BUFFS YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I think the jungle rework is what shaya meant owned shyvana and nunu.

:phone:

Vyke

Smash Champion
Am I going nuts? Insane? Did people just do a 180 on Shyvana or something? Last I checked the jungle change worked better for her because of fast clear times and the ability to steal enemy camps faster than anyone else, essentially getting two jungles to herself?

Nunu I can see, considering the new camps are so easy to take.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I don't agree. That's just what shaya was trying to say. My interpretation of their post.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Every casseopia i face is good, which is why casse is an auto-ban for me these days.

Though to my surprise, I did surprisingly well against the casse I just laned against as Xerath.

Ruined by somebody who decided to intentionally feed like halfway through the game though, argh

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah dunno bout that one. Maybe 13 health pot Ryze?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No.

Shyvana could apply red buff with her e, which is a 900-1000?ish range single target skill shot that gives her the gap closure she needs without using her ult. Gives her a strong ability to camp top due to the brush and lack of sight it won't have.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Already tried it.

It's a lot better.

But it's Mundo.

I wasn't aware people were picking Shyvana specifically for that.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Nothing wrong about playing strong champs. Everyone here thinks that if you play a strong champ you're scrubbing out. I dont understand this mentality at all.

Wow its like you've never dealt with scrub mentality in a competitive game before.

We're totally not on a competitive-based forum for Smash, NOPE WERE NOT.

@Patch Notes:

lol at riven "nerf" being mentioned in the vid and NO MENTION being given to these skarner nerfs at all. bwahahahahahahahahaha

wow AND vayne nerfs holy ****

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Interesting patch is interesting, probably gonna play more cait/sivir now

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Jax in a top lane will still be able to do mounds of DPS, and will likely be an incredible choice against Trynd top, however he will lose to burst because of his lack of free HP. In TEAMFIGHTS his DPS will be difficult to execute b/c of the loss of so much tankiness (unless of course you build bulky).

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
those riven nerfs aren't too bad right?

I mean I read them but it doesnt look like its a riven killer per se.

edit: nvm just read Px older post. carry on.

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet
Ahri getting her to use more mana is only an issue early game, and even then it's barely an up from her previous totals.
wait what?

mana costs affect you the entire game. you think after early game, its just gonna be , teamfight, heal, teamfight, heal, forever and ever? people need to use mana to farm, poke, take objectives, w/e

mana costs always hurt, especially on someone like ahri who cant really afford to build mana items.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Jax in a top lane will still be able to do mounds of DPS, and will likely be an incredible choice against Trynd top, however he will lose to burst because of his lack of free HP. In TEAMFIGHTS his DPS will be difficult to execute b/c of the loss of so much tankiness (unless of course you build bulky).
His ult should definitely give you the ability to build tanky and not miss out on damage. Holy crap, 65 ad/ap is insane. Plus it gives you ad/ap for having ad/ap? Sheeeeeet son.

Riven changes seem totally fine. The health regen nerf was fine as her regen was bonkers. The nerfs on Ki-Burst were like a little slap on the wrist.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
His ult should definitely give you the ability to build tanky and not miss out on damage. Holy crap, 65 ad/ap is insane. Plus it gives you ad/ap for having ad/ap? Sheeeeeet son.

Riven changes seem totally fine. The health regen nerf was fine as her regen was bonkers. The nerfs on Ki-Burst were like a little slap on the wrist.
Well it's a little more than that on the Ki Burst. It's 40 upfront damage she loses every 6 or 7 seconds. Over a long period of time (like in laning) it is significant. She would need like a BF sword to make up that loss. HOWEVER, her current regen is still where Trynd's old regen was (so still one of the highest in the game), and if you somehow manage to hit the enemy with all 3 Q hits, you do 20 more damage than before all at once (not counting CDs).

Like, it will be noticeable, but won't stop her from being good, and her jungling will be faster if you grab Q over other skills.

Also, Jax lost A LOT of survivability. Before he'd get both for damage, coupled with built in spellvamp and vamp on that damage, meaning he could last a longass time. He loses out on many aspects of survivability now. No more free health or MR meaning you have to build that stuff, which takes away from your damage building compared to before and your vamps.

EDIT: WTF Pakman that video is ********, lol.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
wait what?

mana costs affect you the entire game. you think after early game, its just gonna be , teamfight, heal, teamfight, heal, forever and ever? people need to use mana to farm, poke, take objectives, w/e

mana costs always hurt, especially on someone like ahri who cant really afford to build mana items.
You will always have blue buff late game.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Also, Jax lost A LOT of survivability. Before he'd get both for damage, coupled with built in spellvamp and vamp on that damage, meaning he could last a longass time. He loses out on many aspects of survivability now. No more free health or MR meaning you have to build that stuff, which takes away from your damage building compared to before and your vamps.
In terms of just pure numbers he easily has the best steroid in the game now. The fact that it scales off of his items and everything else he earns from the game be it Baron buff, Taric ult, Sona Q, Raise Moral, WotA, etc. You are getting thousands upon thousands of free gold in offensive stats. That definitely frees up space in your build to go tanky.

D

Deleted member

I don't understand the crying about Jax sentiment. With his amazing Offensive buffs you just have to build tankier and not go Gunblade like a tard everytime. The new Jax moreso fits my style, the Mogwai train of being aggressive/pooping on them in lane (that sometimes makes u go 0-4, and then u teamfight later like a boss)

I personally think its the return of the Jax but have to play him 10-15 games to be sure. At the very least, it seems like he will murder plenty of *****es in lane (not some obvious ones, though)

==

also, with some exceptions, mana is not nearly as bad of an issue late game as it is early on, if it is then you have a fairly specific case but 90% of the time it's probably you being absurd in your spell usage

==

this is, in my opinion, one of the most fair patches ever made in lol's history (almost every char I love got buffed/ almost every char i dislike got nerfed so maybe, just maybe i'm biased)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You're not biased. It was a good patch, and they nerfed Riven in it who I lurb. The problem with bulding tankiness on Jax is that his ridiculous steroid lasts for all of six seconds. Unless your team has a decent chunk of CC they will be able to disengage.

Before he had persistent health tankiness and due to build he had considerable vamp. It's why I'm saying he is going to be very strong at different times. Like, he will be so strong early for the 1v1 and top, but less effective in drawn out engages.

Top Bottom