• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
this ^^ is why that one guy (macd maybe? idr) posted that huge thing about the problem with league. people get free undeserving elo with broken champs, then ruin the rest of the matchmaking experience for those at the higher elo.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The others that deserve to be there will get back up eventually though, even if it takes a while.

But yes, finding the new OP before it becomes popular is the surefire way to acquire ELO.

MacD

Banned via Administration
wasn't me, idk if i can even put my thoughts of the OP together in my head let alone make a huge post about it

also you guys just made my ashe is amazing at kiting

john!

Smash Hero
that makes no sense
suppose that half of all 2000 elo players are vlad players, a.k.a. they suck at this game and can't play a real hero without broken mechanics and stupid ****ing onion hair and... ahem... anyways:

if you are a good player who deserves to be at 2000 elo, then over time, the average amount of vlad players on the other team will be higher than the amount on your team. not only do they cause you to lose elo when they are on your team, but they also cause you to gain elo when they are (more frequently) on the other team. so they have a net positive effect on your elo.

as with any statistical sample, though, it sometimes takes a large number of games for this to happen, which is why the statistical outliers experience elo hell.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Random question:

How much do you think I could get for a League account with almost every champ and about a billion skins / 15 runes pages / a lot of types of runes

I have realized the pacing of League no longer allures me

Coney

Smash Master
ran into a player named "shinespike" today, said he was a melee player and told him i played brawl and he jokingly told me he'd take my cs and he supported me, sona + tf

we destroyed our lane

i love smash

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Mundo feels ridiculous... 10 hp/s early burning is amazing and his ult is spammable again. And hes naturally tankier than before...

:phone:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
suppose that half of all 2000 elo players are vlad players, a.k.a. they suck at this game and can't play a real hero without broken mechanics and stupid ****ing onion hair and... ahem... anyways:

if you are a good player who deserves to be at 2000 elo, then over time, the average amount of vlad players on the other team will be higher than the amount on your team. not only do they cause you to lose elo when they are on your team, but they also cause you to gain elo when they are (more frequently) on the other team. so they have a net positive effect on your elo.

as with any statistical sample, though, it sometimes takes a large number of games for this to happen, which is why the statistical outliers experience elo hell.
but why are there more bad people on the other team? if you can assume that, then your stuff makes sense, but i dont understand how that happens.

john!

Smash Hero
because, if you're not bad, then there are 4 random people on your team and 5 random people on the other team. the number of bad opponents is (on average) 25% higher than the amount of bad teammates
unless you have John Luck
:awesome:

that's a ******** argument

if you're not playing the best characters then you are purposefully limiting your play. You deserve to be lower elo because you can't play a good character.

D

Deleted member

i think climbing is possible with "bad" characters, you just need to go fairly above and beyond

or be ****ing bat **** insane/ awesome/troll like vampyro

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If there is a net negative effect on their elo, the number of vlads will decrease to the point where only the actually good vlad players are around.

i think climbing is possible with "bad" characters, you just need to go fairly above and beyond
I always find it a bit weird that every time someone says "if you refuse to play good champions you deserve to have a lower elo" someone else says "but it's possible to be good with bad champions" even though it has nothing to do with what the first person said

D

Deleted member

If there is a net negative effect on their elo, the number of vlads will decrease to the point where only the actually good vlad players are around.

I always find it a bit weird that every time someone says "if you refuse to play good champions you deserve to have a lower elo" someone else says "but it's possible to be good with bad champions" even though it has nothing to do with what the first person said
i too find it awesome when someone thinks I am saying something I am not saying

GofG

Smash Champion
i see there's like 6 members reading this thread right now lol

ive been solo queueing for a bit, i'm low-elo but i can do 0cs support taric!! :D

whose tryna play with me?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
ran into a player named "shinespike" today, said he was a melee player and told him i played brawl and he jokingly told me he'd take my cs and he supported me, sona + tf

we destroyed our lane

i love smash
I thought I saw Azen on League once.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
ok i'll ask you this question since i don't think anyone else here plays kat

why don't people build her as an AD caster?

her AD ratios are twice her AP ratios, and the cost of 2 AP is higher than the cost of 1 AD

shunpo doesn't have an AD ratio, but you get a 1.0 AD nuke every time you autoattack, which seems to be a better trade-off

so you would get more power for your money until you got deathcap, and even then it's a toss-up because AD kat isn't useless after she blows her combo

last time i played kat (a while ago) i build sorc boots (cdr boots could work too) and then standard AD caster items, and did somewhat well
AP does more damage costs less and gives you more stats then pure damage
kat shouldn't stand around auto attacking people cause if you do then you're going to die

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i too find it awesome when someone thinks I am saying something I am not saying
So when you say "i think climbing is possible with "bad" characters", you don't mean it's "possible to be good with bad champions"?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Did the formula for arranging teams in ranked changed? I got three 1600s earlier and no one was duoing

:phone:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I had no idea it'd be possible to ragequit on an internet forum. I mean, ragequit away from the forum, sure, but on it...

What's the best support for Sivir? Taric's stun lets her get both hits off with her Q, Soraka feeds her MP so she can use Q and E more often, Sona's Q and passive is basically first blood combined with Sivir's combo.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Sustain -) Soraka (your auto attack range isnt that far)
nonsustain -) Alistar (kinda nonsustain) / Janna easy skill shots to land once cc'd and good protection when they dash in

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet
You will always have blue buff late game.
no and you are extremely bad at this game
I had no idea it'd be possible to ragequit on an internet forum. I mean, ragequit away from the forum, sure, but on it...

What's the best support for Sivir? Taric's stun lets her get both hits off with her Q, Soraka feeds her MP so she can use Q and E more often, Sona's Q and passive is basically first blood combined with Sivir's combo.
yeah youre really bad

how can u even ask this question. heres an answer. best support for sivir against what bot lane with what junglers and what solos, with what person playing every single role and what side of the map?

not really... there is a larger chance that the ones who deserve to be there will be on the other team and benefit from the bad player.
you cant apply statistics to a system with so many unknown variables
Games are primarily won and lost based on who has the worst player. It's not about the best player carrying. It's about the worst player giving up free wins.
no its about ****** your lane

i just played like 11 games, averaged 9 kills and 2.5 deaths per game, and got gold

play a lane with kill potential and make the other team rage harder than your team.

edit: someone named wave with a non ascii character in their name, 10,000+ posts, an anime girl avatar and rage issues pretty much guarantees that youre bad at this game

edit2: oh yeah and 1 death per game was me fountain diving their team after going godlike

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Just want to pre-eminently remind every one to be respectful of the person you're disagreeing with, even if you think they are horribly, abysmally wrong.

I know you guys get a bit heated and worked up sometimes.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Just want to pre-eminently remind every one to be respectful of the person you're disagreeing with, even if you think they are horribly, abysmally wrong.

I know you guys get a bit heated and worked up sometimes.
Nah bro. My boy Flower wasn't getting heated or worked up, he was going, as you might say,
IN!

Also, laning phase as Rumble isn't really just hit Q and run at opponent after you clear the creeps, right?
Or is it stand in the middle of creeps and Q when they go in to last hit?
-DD

Top Bottom