• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
laning phase as rumble is actually hitting q and w and running at opponent

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
laning phase as rumble is actually hitting q and w and running at opponent
Oh, okay.
But whats the smartest way to do it?
Because I remember playing as Nid against a Rumble and he kinda **** on me with all that Q Damage...
-DD

D

Deleted member

rumble takes a dump on nid

think you require severe outplaying to beat him but i've seen it happen extremely rarely

==

oh from rumbles stand point

IDK

I normally do extremely bad at laning but I team fight **** as hell later

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Oh, okay.
But whats the smartest way to do it?
Because I remember playing as Nid against a Rumble and he kinda **** on me with all that Q Damage...
-DD
i was being serious though

only thing you have to be smart about is not pushing your lane alot and losing cs

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
i was being serious though

only thing you have to be smart about is not pushing your lane alot and losing cs
Oh. Haha...
So just charge at them when the minions clash then and push them out?
Seems simple enough.
-DD

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
yeah, best way is to stay near the bush and zone them from there so you dont get creep aggro

its really that simple

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
so Im new to LoL, and I been playing some (albeit lowlevel) games with friends. I'm a level 6 now I think. I only now how to use Noxus and Ashe at the moment.

Does anyone know who I should get out of the expensive champions? I'm saving up and I really can't tell if I want Warwick yet or not, but I really like Volibear's looks. I could just keep wading through freebies but I really don't know how often I'll get to play.

I'm such a noob now so I'm just gunna play against the cpu for a bit now.

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet
as nid you have an early advantage because your harass is based on auto attacks and his is based on abilities and getting into dangerzone/overheating at key times

so he scales with levels better than nidalee does. as nid you pretty much want to rice him level 1/2 because you have more damage than him.

if he gets q first and pushes the lane trying to harass you with level 1 flamespitter then you will kill him by sitting in the top lane bush and right clicking him a lot, like jtb said

rumble Q Magic Damage Per Second: 30 / 60 / 90 / 120 / 150
basically when he hits level 7 he can do 90 dmg per second to you and shield at the same time while you just run away in terror

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Getting carried as mundo pretty easy.
Or mundo too stronk for you :(

1. He clears faster than Shyvana (W -> 40 damage @ level 1, compared to shyvana's 25; both get 15 per level). 10 health per second (halved) is just fantastic. Drink potions, kill everything.
2. Ult cooldown buff is awesome :3
3. Camping top with him is awesome.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
as nid you have an early advantage because your harass is based on auto attacks and his is based on abilities and getting into dangerzone/overheating at key times

so he scales with levels better than nidalee does. as nid you pretty much want to rice him level 1/2 because you have more damage than him.

if he gets q first and pushes the lane trying to harass you with level 1 flamespitter then you will kill him by sitting in the top lane bush and right clicking him a lot, like jtb said

rumble Q Magic Damage Per Second: 30 / 60 / 90 / 120 / 150
basically when he hits level 7 he can do 90 dmg per second to you and shield at the same time while you just run away in terror
Yeah, that sums up my experience accurately. I was hitting him pretty hard first few levels...then he just started running at me and I couldn't keep up with the output...

so Im new to LoL, and I been playing some (albeit lowlevel) games with friends. I'm a level 6 now I think. I only now how to use Noxus and Ashe at the moment.

Does anyone know who I should get out of the expensive champions? I'm saving up and I really can't tell if I want Warwick yet or not, but I really like Volibear's looks. I could just keep wading through freebies but I really don't know how often I'll get to play.

I'm such a noob now so I'm just gunna play against the cpu for a bit now.
1) I have to know, who is Noxus? I'm betting you meant Nocturne or Nasus.
2) Just play every champ you haven't tried during their free week and see who you really like before you decide to spend that IP on. If you're using RP, just get the ones on sale unless you really need it. Price isn't always an indication of how good the champion is, either. There are plenty of amazing champs at 1350 and 3150.

-DD

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Watching streams lately teaches me this:
Teams with Sivir win.
Like even a weak Sivir is strong because she gives out free ghosts.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
how can u even ask this question. heres an answer. best support for sivir against what bot lane with what junglers and what solos, with what person playing every single role and what side of the map?
When you talk about ANY champion being good or bad, do you say "no, Ahri sucks because their team is Galio / Morgana / Kassadin"? How about you act like a normal person and just assume all else equal? Honestly, if you're trying to find things to nitpick, find something reasonable.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
When you talk about ANY champion being good or bad, do you say "no, Ahri sucks because their team is Galio / Morgana / Kassadin"? How about you act like a normal person and just assume all else equal? Honestly, if you're trying to find things to nitpick, find something reasonable.
Well yea, if you have a choice you don't play champs against teams that counter them, that's sort of basic.

Whose best with sivir depends on th MU, and if you can CP them and pick a better champ to combo with sivir, AWESOME

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet
you said best. plz read

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Doesn't matter what support you have because you're Sivir and you are unstoppable regardless.

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet
So, you're saying that if you take the win rates of every support duo laning with Sivir, they'll all be equal for each support? Because that's the only case I can think of where there's no best.
you seem to think you know what I (and everyone you reply to) is saying about everything

so my reply would just confuse you i guess

stay ignorant

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Wave you sound ****in dumb. I don't even know why you post in this thread. You find the stupidest **** to argue about. Don't even know why you throw out your opinion when everything you say sounds stupid as ****. Do you enjoy sounding ********? If so continue posting here.

:phone:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
wat da ****.

I thought it was pretty obvious the guy meant "ideally," "generally," or something along those lines.

It's pretty ignorant to say it's entirely based on your team's and your opponent's team comps when, IIRC, most of the competitive 5s teams out there tend to draft their AD carry/support early in the draft process (or they used to, at the very least) because it's GENERALLY more difficult to counterpick them. In that environment you'd probably pick a lane that does pretty well against most stuff, obviously.

Wave, to answer your question, Taric is a particularly good Sivir lane-mate, GENERALLY, against most stuff, etc. Generally CC+Burst is generally pretty generally strong, generally. Generally. generally. Is that enough generallys for you guys to cover my ***

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm angry cuz someone said having anime girl avatars implies you're stupid. RAAAAWWWR

ARE THESE STUPID?? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So I really like this game, but I'm fairly bad (relatively speaking). So I guess I'll lurk this thread more, to see if I can leech information.

Also, I hate Veigar (even though he apparently isn't that amazing).

EDIT:
LoL Tag(s): SillyOne
LoL Main: Annie, Lux, Warwick (maybe)

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet
wat da ****.

I thought it was pretty obvious the guy meant "ideally," "generally," or something along those lines.

It's pretty ignorant to say it's entirely based on your team's and your opponent's team comps when, IIRC, most of the competitive 5s teams out there tend to draft their AD carry/support early in the draft process (or they used to, at the very least) because it's GENERALLY more difficult to counterpick them. In that environment you'd probably pick a lane that does pretty well against most stuff, obviously.
anime girl avatar is terrible, only one tier above the absolute worst you can do: a ****ing quilava

if you listen to teams talking about team comps on stream they are lazy about it. yes, Im saying top teams arent very good in the champion select process. a few teams do this very very well actually, particularly sk, and they seem to already know what they want in a situation before they play. most teams just say "get graves get graves" and then they just get whats left for support

so its not ignorant to say at all. it should be based on entire team comp. it is ignorant to say that your optimal ad pick or support pick, or combination, shouldnt be based on both entire team. but "top teams" are lazy and undisciplined. until the chinese start ****** everyone, that is.

unfortunately im not smart enough i guess to see whats obvious about his post. god i wish i was smart, whatever am i gonna do with my life..

edit: oh yeah dangr is the one that gets mad and ragequits out of inhouses and arranged 5s. **** i cant believe i took him seriously and replied =/

Turazrok

Smash Master
Every time this guy posts, I wanna smack my head, or his, against a wall. Looks like he's joining abel in the ignore list.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
To virg: keep infracting me don't care. If people continuously keep posting stupid **** and no one tells them they are going to continuously post stupid ****. You should be thanking me for telling idiots that they are idiots.

Also legendary*** is almost as bad as wave.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
wat da ****.

Wave, to answer your question, Taric is a particularly good Sivir lane-mate, GENERALLY, against most stuff, etc. Generally CC+Burst is generally pretty generally strong, generally. Generally. generally. Is that enough generallys for you guys to cover my ***
Since no one has posted a coherent argument against this, I'll just go with Taric from now on. Thanks!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Smashboards being closed for 12 hours meant no outlet for people to rage

Top Bottom