• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I lose like 100 elo in a couple days, then take a break and make it all back and more in a couple days. I've been through this quite a few times.

as long as you keep a good mentality, you'll get back up there

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I lose like 100 elo in a couple days, then take a break and make it all back and more in a couple days. I've been through this quite a few times.

as long as you keep a good mentality, you'll get back up there
QFT
I think i've hit 2k 3-4 times after dropping 100-200 elo after achieving said goal.
BTW Dphat + Mogwai strongest bot lane.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

as long as you keep a good mentality switch roles complete, you'll get back up there
Fix for how it works for me.

Bled like 80 elo over 3 days, 5-1 in last 6 going teemo, udyr, skarnar, sona, none of whom I've played in the last like 3 months.

good think when you switch roles is that you don't even have to do well in lane, fortune just smiles upon you and your teammates carry you out of your rut.
EDIT: except when bot with dphat cause when I play the support I don't take promote so we crush them, huehuehue.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Fix for how it works for me.

Bled like 80 elo over 3 days, 5-1 in last 6 going teemo, udyr, skarnar, sona, none of whom I've played in the last like 3 months.

good think when you switch roles is that you don't even have to do well in lane, fortune just smiles upon you and your teammates carry you out of your rut.
I've also done this as well. While primarily a jungler for the majority of the season I've started playing AD more frequently and it's been paying off for me.

Coney

Smash Master
Well you made it all the way to 1600, so a few losses that drag you down will [hopefully] be met with a few wins to float you back up.

Also after losing 2 ranked matches [twice in a row or not is your call] take a break! It helps. Especially if you get frustrated or tired from the games.
-DD
That's not happening.

I had six losses in a row (one guy dc'd and came back just in time to random Eve and wouldn't dodge, one guy went Swain and fed after I said I was going mid and was swapping with someone) that dropped me to the 1400's, wherein NOBODY knows how to play a carry. I've had Ashes go 0-7 on arrows, and Veigars that didn't know how to combo. I have no idea what the **** is going on.

It's just this kind of...unbelievably bad luck that I was sure I was going to run into.

And listen, don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to make like I'm PLATINUM ELO ALWAYS WIN NEVER LOSE or anything, because I'm not. But I'm getting the feeling like these games are 300% out of my control no matter what I do, and it's really ****ing irritating.

EDIT - HAPPENED AGAIN

First pick Ziggs goes 0-4 mid and calls me bad. Like, what do I do about this ****? People say "hey it'll just balance out over time np np ezpz" but this **** is ****ing stupid.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kevin I heard this 1 guy came up with a cool Ganon 40-death combo on spacies, tell me what was it again?

Tmacc

Smash Lord
That's not happening.

I had six losses in a row (one guy dc'd and came back just in time to random Eve and wouldn't dodge, one guy went Swain and fed after I said I was going mid and was swapping with someone) that dropped me to the 1400's, wherein NOBODY knows how to play a carry. I've had Ashes go 0-7 on arrows, and Veigars that didn't know how to combo. I have no idea what the **** is going on.

It's just this kind of...unbelievably bad luck that I was sure I was going to run into.

And listen, don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to make like I'm PLATINUM ELO ALWAYS WIN NEVER LOSE or anything, because I'm not. But I'm getting the feeling like these games are 300% out of my control no matter what I do, and it's really ****ing irritating.

EDIT - HAPPENED AGAIN

First pick Ziggs goes 0-4 mid and calls me bad. Like, what do I do about this ****? People say "hey it'll just balance out over time np np ezpz" but this **** is ****ing stupid.
This stuff happens to us all, my friend. Just gotta shrug it off and move on, I suppose.

It's very frustrating.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well my first run out with Jarvan wasn't that great. I seem to forget the combo a lot and when I do remember the combo I forget to shield after it hits. lol

but I played an Annie game where I had mejais + deathcap yesterday at like 22 minutes. feels good man.

I don't really like jungle jarvan tho. doesn't feel right.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Kevin I heard this 1 guy came up with a cool Ganon 40-death combo on spacies, tell me what was it again?
Fair -> Uair = Dead

Alternatively;

Fair -> Dair = Dead

Oh wait you said cool :/.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I think Trundle is extremely underrated...hit kit is so good, and he's really good at every part of the game.

Why isn't he played more often?

:phone:

MacD

Banned via Administration
I think Trundle is extremely underrated...hit kit is so good, and he's really good at every part of the game.

this reminds me of a game last night, trundle pillared me and between where him/taric where standing, i could not move/pounce

i thought it was just me lagging (cause i had been having spikes) but then the pillar went away and i could move again. that really sucked lol

also irelia vs vlad, do i need ignite to win as irelia?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

Mostly because he doesn't have the AoE jungle clear. He is still quite good and particularly a good choice against the tankier building champs. Hardest counter to Yorick top, amazing against Rammus, pretty solid against Udyr/Skarner. Never tried him against Shyvana though, something I want to do at some point.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Mostly because he doesn't have the AoE jungle clear. He is still quite good and particularly a good choice against the tankier building champs. Hardest counter to Yorick top, amazing against Rammus, pretty solid against Udyr/Skarner. Never tried him against Shyvana though, something I want to do at some point.
Please outline for me how Trundle beats Yorrick. Both times I've seen someone try it, they've gotten *****.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
todays news: dyrus sets tsm house on fire LOL

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Trundle heals off ghouls, but that's just theorycrafting.
who cares? is that enough to make up for the fact that yorick never has to let trundle hit him? yorick maxes slow and just spams it on you. you should have to use a full rotation to hit yorick at all, and after that, he should be able to disengage and just outlast your mana because he can build tear and be a boss while trundle itemizing mana gets *****.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
This sailor guy actually looks like something Id enjoy tbh.

Still really want that Support though, but hopefully the fact that it's taking them so long means theyre putting a lot of thought and effort into it, which imo would make it well worth the wait.

Player-3

Smash Hero
uh huh, please do go on.
Trundle counters yorick because he is one of the few who can shrug off yoricks harrass, whereas most chars are denied creeps by it, and if they try to trade they lose

Whereas trundle can last hit and actuakly deny yorick gold because yorick can't win a trade against him and is forced to back off to avoid getting bitten, and ends up having to last hit with e or w

MacD

Banned via Administration
well, I think Irelia loses either way, but with ignite, you command significantly more respect in lane because you actually can kill him, whereas sans-ignite you have a hell of a time killing him.
i'm sad this is the answer

with irelia vs like vlad/rumble/morde should i buy more than merc's early (like chalice, wits, spirit visage or something)

i feel like you are going to say wits > phage > be a boss and win game

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Trundle counters yorick because he is one of the few who can shrug off yoricks harrass, whereas most chars are denied creeps by it, and if they try to trade they lose

Whereas trundle can last hit and actuakly deny yorick gold because yorick can't win a trade against him and is forced to back off to avoid getting bitten, and ends up having to last hit with e or w

I just don't see him being able to completely ignore Yorick harass. Yorick is going to have to attrition him down, but Yorick can do that to Irelia, Xin, Udyr, WW, I don't see Trundle being able to sustain harder than them so I still just don't see how he's supposed to do well in the lane.

i'm sad this is the answer

with irelia vs like vlad/rumble/morde should i buy more than merc's early (like chalice, wits, spirit visage or something)

i feel like you are going to say wits > phage > be a boss and win game
yep, get that wit's. used to see chalice sometimes, but hate it tbh. spirit visage is ok, but only post mercs + wit's and honestly I like aegis better than spirit visage for midgame MRes + HP on basically everyone.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Ghouls do about a third of Yorick's AD in damage and have about a third of Yorick's HP. Ghouls will die to about one autoattack, since they lose health over time. Each ghoul will get off 1-2 autoattacks, while Trundle heals for 4% of their HP (assuming level 9 Trundle just because). This means that each ghoul deals roughly the same damage as one Yorick autoattack while Trundle heals for about 1% of Yorick's max HP, in addition to any up-front damage from summoning the ghoul. So if Trundle doesn't hit Yorick, he loses pretty badly (big surprise), ignoring healing from dying minions since it's probably negligible compared to damage from constantly summoning ghouls.

I'm not sure how well Trundle can even hit Yorick back. Even if he waits for the slow ghoul to die before going in, Yorick's movespeed ghoul will get him out of Trundle's pillar.

So basically, I don't think Trundle would do that well.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Ghouls do about a third of Yorick's AD in damage and have about a third of Yorick's HP. Ghouls will die to about one autoattack, since they lose health over time. Each ghoul will get off 1-2 autoattacks, while Trundle heals for 4% of their HP (assuming level 9 Trundle just because). This means that each ghoul deals roughly the same damage as one Yorick autoattack while Trundle heals for about 1% of Yorick's max HP, in addition to any up-front damage from summoning the ghoul. So if Trundle doesn't hit Yorick, he loses pretty badly (big surprise), ignoring healing from dying minions since it's probably negligible compared to damage from constantly summoning ghouls.

I'm not sure how well Trundle can even hit Yorick back. Even if he waits for the slow ghoul to die before going in, Yorick's movespeed ghoul will get him out of Trundle's pillar.

So basically, I don't think Trundle would do that well.
Well that's pretty much what I'm saying. I understand that Yorick doesn't have free reign of the lane when it's neutral because if he gets bit, he'll trade incredibly unfavorably, but he has such a giant harass vs. sustain edge that I don't get what Trundle can do to come back from Yorick harass.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Trundle overall just does well vs Yorick. Healing from ghouls is nice, but he just does everything well. He cuts down on a lot of Yorick stats with his kit. Q for AD which affects the rest of Yorick, ult because chances are he's gonna be building tanky lol.

Laning: Trundle comes into lane with about 50 MR and either boots or cloth open. Even seen some ******s run Null Mantle although highly unnecessary but it does cut down on damage. Pre 6, neither champ is killing the other. Post tear/pre wriggles, you do have a slight advantage but I think you're overestimating how much harassing Yorick can actually do. Assuming no CDR, his slow is like what 12 seconds? If you max slow there's no way you can have that up all the time to stop, and assuming he's near creeps it will push the lane. Yorick doesn't care about pushing the lane, but Trundle doesn't get ****ed over by it either. Once Trundle has Wriggles, there goes any fun in the lane. There's no possible way to force him out of this lane now.

I've had to do the MU as Yorick a few times, and yeah the only real advantage about it is that if they just let you both sit up top, farmed Yorick is much scarier than farmed Trundle. Actual laning, you can't find a time to press your advantage. Pre tear, Trundle doesn't give a ****. Post wriggles, you don't have the CD's or the damage to force him away. At that point he can usually literally sit and fight the ghouls unless you do a full combo on him and start going in, which is hard to do with Pillar around. And even then depending on how it's going, he can still win vs you in a mid game trade.

Trundle's not a counter in the sense that he isn't forcing Yorick to towerhug anytime soon, but in that he can deal with his harass, sustain himself just fine, and usually go even at any 1 point in the game barring massive gold disadvantage. For a character like Yorick, that's pretty nice.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I believe Trundle wins pre-tear, and then post wriggles in hard engages. Also, since Yorick builds mana, in this matchup getting a philo on Trundle is not something that will cost you the lane like in other matchups (and I would actually recommend it, since Shurelia's is not bad on Trundle). With Philo, Trundle can match the spam of Yorick, can easily double-bite the red ghouls (usually instakills them, especially post Wriggles) to prevent healing/regen and gain regen himself.

I don't know about who is better late. Yorick's lategame performance is entirely tied to how well his solo laners do, whereas Trundle scales with his own items (although not too well) as well as with opponents defenses. I guess super late Yorick would win b/c of the double carry thing.

Granted I haven't played the matchup since I hit 1800s, but the 4 times I've done it I won the lane

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I just don't see him being able to completely ignore Yorick harass. Yorick is going to have to attrition him down, but Yorick can do that to Irelia, Xin, Udyr, WW, I don't see Trundle being able to sustain harder than them so I still just don't see how he's supposed to do well in the lane.
Everytime I've seen TheRainMan go Trundle as a counter to Yorick in scrims or tourney he's always done really well. Does spirit visage work on Trundle's passive?

I think Trundle just does well because he has the sustain from ghouls, creeps and his ult. So he can just farm the lane and be a force late game against the right comp. Since he's strong against bruisers and can sort of help nullify Yorick's ult with his AD sapping.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Visage does work on Trundle's passive, and Wriggle's lifesteal, and his ult.

And yes Trundle can effectively ignore Yorick harass post Wriggle's for most of laning phase.

Top Bottom