• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Kira-

Smash Champion
OMG THE PICKS FOR HANNOVER ALREADY

i really want to watch this entire tournament but w/e, replays

Xaltis

Smash Hero
i disagree, i think the reason you blocked me is because you got really, really mad (you can unblock me if you disagree)

here's an example of Xaltis raging really hard

(12:47:24 AM) Xaltis: listen
(12:47:26 AM) lingbling6: k go ahead
(12:47:26 AM) Xaltis: listen
(12:47:27 AM) Xaltis: listen
(12:47:31 AM) Xaltis: listen
(12:47:32 AM) Xaltis: lsiten
(12:47:35 AM) Xaltis: listen
(12:47:39 AM) Xaltis: Can you listen?
(12:47:44 AM) Xaltis: Do you not have that ability?
(12:47:45 AM) lingbling6: go ahead boss

i gave him 20 seconds to explain himself but he just raged on me, hard to explain much to a person like that.

oh well, sorry i couldn't convince you about janna being a better support than leona, gl breaking out of 1200 tho.
How was that me getting mad? It was me trying to get your attention...do you know what mad is? You didn't give me 20 seconds to respond, I ACTUALLY responded in 5 seconds as you were still typing random things. Ha you're just like someone else that said "Good luck getting ranked" and I did it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Some serious salt in this thread right now.

Be nice everyone. :(

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Some serious salt in this thread right now.

Be nice everyone. :(
I'm not salty I'm just EXTREMELY confused. I don't want to argue with it anymore. Like I stated in my first post "I don't wanna sound mean". I just can't believe what I read and witnessed tonight/today lol. Probably doing ranked tomorrow. Want to at least get 1300 and I'll be good for the day.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I didn't know this thread existed. But then again, I hardly ever use this site anymore. A little about me since I've been talking to more people that would be reading this thread recently: I'm a Brawl and Melee player. I'm better at Brawl speaking relatively, but I think Melee is more fun. I live in WA and I used to go to tournaments all the time, but now nobody plays so I only really play LoL now. I've been getting a lot better recently, I'm at 1830 solo queue rating right now, but last week I was at like 1996 (so close T_T). In ranked I mostly play ranged AD or support, and sometimes mid when I'm on a massive losing streak.

So yeah, add me and introduce yourself or something.
Name: Itakio
Best champs atm: Corki, Tristana, Janna, Soraka, Ryze

Vyke

Smash Champion
I'm not salty I'm just EXTREMELY confused. I don't want to argue with it anymore. Like I stated in my first post "I don't wanna sound mean". I just can't believe what I read and witnessed tonight/today lol. Probably doing ranked tomorrow. Want to at least get 1300 and I'll be good for the day.
A lot of people think they know a lot about League in this thread. Fortunately for us, most of those people have the experience/rating/skill to back it up.

I'm not sure why you're confused that you're catching flak, when you're relatively new to the thread and haven't shown us anything that would lead us to believe you're a credible source of knowledge... especially with things like "with only Sona."

Just get used to a lack of trust until you play with people more.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
A lot of people think they know a lot about League in this thread. Fortunately for us, most of those people have the experience/rating/skill to back it up.

I'm not sure why you're confused that you're catching flak, when you're relatively new to the thread and haven't shown us anything that would lead us to believe you're a credible source of knowledge... especially with things like "with only Sona."

Just get used to a lack of trust until you play with people more.
It's funny that you think elo matter. At higher elos yes it probably would. But I guess you do not realized that when I started ranked I got team mates that went afk, or purposely fed meaning they said "**** you guys I'm feeding now" which lowered my elo. It wasn't my fault, I fail to see how this is so hard to understand.

I have showed people here things. I played with Dphat 2 days ago and other people today. Dphat said I played well the game he played with me and I won the 2 games today I played with smashers and even got fed 1 game.

Yes I know that I don't know EVERYTHING about league which is why I only say I have the mind set of a 1700 elo person I know there are some things I still have to learn. I really don't understand the point of people being *******s for no reason. They could just pick the better option and be nice.

Vyke

Smash Champion
It's funny that you think elo matter. At higher elos yes it probably would. But I guess you do not realized that when I started ranked I got team mates that went afk, or purposely fed meaning they said "**** you guys I'm feeding now" which lowered my elo. It wasn't my fault, I fail to see how this is so hard to understand.

I have showed people here things. I played with Dphat 2 days ago and other people today. Dphat said I played well the game he played with me and I won the 2 games today I played with smashers and even got fed 1 game.

Yes I know that I don't know EVERYTHING about league which is why I only say I have the mind set of a 1700 elo person I know there are some things I still have to learn. I really don't understand the point of people being *******s for no reason. They could just pick the better option and be nice.
You've shown people here, what? You can play the game? I mean, cool. I think you're just being overly defensive at everyone in this thread and taking things way too seriously, like my post.

Nobody hates you... until you give them a reason to. Like the last two pages.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
you don't seem to understand. you get high elo BY BEING A DOUCHEBAG. that's the secret.

why do you think popular streamers always blame their teammates?
I guess I don't understand that. I guess I need to start being an ******* to people and a douche. Because being nice has only got me hate.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
you don't seem to understand. you get high elo BY BEING A DOUCHEBAG. that's the secret.

why do you think popular streamers always blame their teammates?
DAN DIHN always losing on his stream

Okuser

Smash Ace
I randomly got teamed with dphat in solo queue tonight, was fun but I lost the next 3 games :(

Craziest thing happened, blue side top nidalee 3 games in a row gets unimaginabley fed.

I ALWAYS win my lane(bot) by a considerable margin but the nidalees tonight... Oh man, there must've been a full moon or something becUse they were ****ing wrecking everything tonight.

:phone:

Dekar173

Justice Man
I randomly got teamed with dphat in solo queue tonight, was fun but I lost the next 3 games :(

Craziest thing happened, blue side top nidalee 3 games in a row gets unimaginabley fed.

I ALWAYS win my lane(bot) by a considerable margin but the nidalees tonight... Oh man, there must've been a full moon or something becUse they were ****ing wrecking everything tonight.

Ahhh no, there was no full moon, as the warwicks would have been keeping the nidalees at bay if there weer!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well I'm glad I only check this thread in the morning. when I don't have much to say....that last page was horrific

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Way too off topic, I should stop.

Lovage are you down to talk League on aim occasionally? Since I'm working on ADs I'd like to hear any suggestions you may have regarding some matchups.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I guess I don't understand that. I guess I need to start being an ******* to people and a douche. Because being nice has only got me hate.
you're taking things way too personal when you made some really ignorant claims and now you're martyring yourself like everyone's out to get you when they were merely pointing out that you were spouting a bunch of nonsense about the lane matchups. knock it off.

you get to high elo by being good, period. being a douchebag actually weighs you down in solo queue because it puts teammates on tilt, but some people are actually good enough that they get really high elo despite being a douchebag.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
That's not nice to say about Dphat, Wes!

na dude, dphat's a pretty nice guy in solo queue. he usually only **** talks the opposing team and he'll play any role (except top, god, don't let him go top).

I think we out picked them, felt like our ad could of been different, but outside of that I thought our team comp was fine. An Ashe arrow would of sealed the match for us.

Tbh hbj have to many people calling plays and it's confusing us. I think next session we play we take turns between me, Johnny and Kiko on play callings to see who should make the calls.

I'll bet you're right about the too many people calling plays thing. That was always one of TL's biggest issues and it can really **** a 5s team up. When we settled into a veto system where ScY and I could both make calls but also veto each other's calls, we were making the best decisions, but I still think that a 1 play caller setup is better assuming you have someone who makes the right calls.

I'm pretty sure it goes:

Why you like said champion = why enemy hates said champion
uh, sorta. some champs are really hard to hate though, while others are really hard to like. Like Yorick, ****, there are probably like 3 people out there total who actually like Yorick. And on the flip side, how can you hate Jarman or Katarina or Tristana? They're just fun characters and nothing about their kits really feels broken (atm that is, obviously old Jarman was an issue).

Xaltis

Smash Hero
you're taking things way too personal when you made some really ignorant claims and now you're martyring yourself like everyone's out to get you when they were merely pointing out that you were spouting a bunch of nonsense about the lane matchups. knock it off.

you get to high elo by being good, period. being a douchebag actually weighs you down in solo queue because it puts teammates on tilt, but some people are actually good enough that they get really high elo despite being a douchebag.
I pretty much had to lol and I didn't said what I think the match ups are like in 5v5 team fights. Nobody in this thread is nice enough to even discuss it with me without trolling. Idc anymore though. Had a long a chat with Dfear last night about "people" I know now why people get mad at you for being a nice guy. Don't care about what people say about me when I don't know them. I know the truth and their opinions about me don't matter when I have facts.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but how does Janna beat Leona? Janna rarely builds tanky, she'd probably lose half her health to Leona's combo along with harass from the AD carry. I realize Janna is a better support than Leona, but I don't see how Janna would beat Leona.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I pretty much had to lol and I didn't said what I think the match ups are like in 5v5 team fights. Nobody in this thread is nice enough to even discuss it with me without trolling. Idc anymore though. Had a long a chat with Dfear last night about "people" I know now why people get mad at you for being a nice guy. Don't care about what people say about me when I don't know them. I know the truth and their opinions about me don't matter when I have facts.
don't you think it's a little pretentious to be saying you have "facts" when you're arguing with more experienced and higher rated players? see, cause this attitude is why people have issues with you, not cause you're "a nice guy." literally no one will ever really dislike you in life for being a nice guy, there's always another reason.

and fine, you want the break down of those lanes?

Cho vs. Udyr should be a freefarm lane where they both pretty much get all the cs and then cho's probably going to be more useful in teamfights. they're both too high sustain and too low damage to really do anything to each other without ganks.

Ahri vs. Ryze should maybe be slightly in favor of ahri until ryze gets his banshee's, but I don't really know. Ahri has longer range poke than ryze and can blow up waves better, but I think she'll have a hard time killing him in lane and Ryze's lategame is stronger assuming you can get there without getting blown out in lane.

Corki + Leona vs. Kennen + Janna. Janna's basically a hard counter to Leona in the support department as far as I can tell. You can stop Leona's dash with your tornado and without the dash, there's no way Leona can fight through your W slows to land her Q. Kennen vs. Corki is probably slightly in corki's favor since Kennen can't really close to use abilities without eating gatling gun to the face, but with the support matchup, I'd expect Kennen and Janna to end up slightly ahead.

Skarner vs. GP is in Skarner's favor in the jungle, but looking at the teamcomps, Skarner's going to get shut down in teamfights. Playing vs. Cho and Janna with Skarner is miserable and even if Skarner's jungle is faster and safer than GP's, it's not by a wide enough margin that he should be able to counterjungle GP hard enough for this to really show through during the laning phase, and by the time lategame rolls around, GP's going to be a lot more useful given the comps.

tarmacker

Smash Journeyman
Xaltis are you serous? We played a game together yesterday where I was Janna and the other team had Leona. Every time she hits her dash you just Q her in the middle of it, Leona doesn't get to the champ she hits, can't hit her stun, and if she opens with her R, Janna can just press R too because she has the best counter-engage in the game.

Edit: Mogwai beat me to it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ahri vs. Ryze should maybe be slightly in favor of ahri until ryze gets his banshee's, but I don't really know. Ahri has longer range poke than ryze and can blow up waves better, but I think she'll have a hard time killing him in lane and Ryze's lategame is stronger assuming you can get there without getting blown out in lane.
This is correct.

But it's harder for Ryze to get their while maintaining lane than turtling to end game. Ahri is also a bit better with AoE damage on multiple champs/minions since she doesn't need her Ult to pull it off.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
don't you think it's a little pretentious to be saying you have "facts" when you're arguing with more experienced and higher rated players? see, cause this attitude is why people have issues with you, not cause you're "a nice guy." literally no one will ever really dislike you in life for being a nice guy, there's always another reason.
When I said "facts" I was talking about facts about myself once again, misunderstood. Nah I've been hated before for just being a nice guy it will always continue to happen but I know people act the way they do because of things that happened to them in their lives so its ok.

and fine, you want the break down of those lanes?

Cho vs. Udyr should be a freefarm lane where they both pretty much get all the cs and then cho's probably going to be more useful in teamfights. they're both too high sustain and too low damage to really do anything to each other without ganks.
You didn't prove anything in this post. You said Cho is probably going to be more useful late game. You didn't say how though and that's what I'm asking.

I even said if you read that I only "THINK" Ahri is better and that I wasn't sure.

Corki + Leona vs. Kennen + Janna. Janna's basically a hard counter to Leona in the support department as far as I can tell. You can stop Leona's dash with your tornado and without the dash, there's no way Leona can fight through your W slows to land her Q. Kennen vs. Corki is probably slightly in corki's favor since Kennen can't really close to use abilities without eating gatling gun to the face, but with the support matchup, I'd expect Kennen and Janna to end up slightly ahead.
What if Leona gets Janna with her stuns and gets her instead? I guess the main point I see here is the ult for Janna. I thought she was mainly picked to counter people with AOE ults?

Skarner vs. GP is in Skarner's favor in the jungle, but looking at the teamcomps, Skarner's going to get shut down in teamfights. Playing vs. Cho and Janna with Skarner is miserable and even if Skarner's jungle is faster and safer than GP's, it's not by a wide enough margin that he should be able to counterjungle GP hard enough for this to really show through during the laning phase, and by the time lategame rolls around, GP's going to be a lot more useful given the comps.
Again you really didn't say HOW GP is going to more useful. I do understand that Skarner can't counter jungle him. Wouldn't skarner do great late game because of his ult? That's what it seemed like when I watched the match.

Top Bottom