• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Really? I can learn rumble easy.

Px you agree?
I'm not PX and I don't really play much of either of those champs, but I don't see why Rumble would do well vs. Vlad. Generally speaking, Rumble has issues vs. spammy mages with a bit of range in my experience, so I'd imagine Vlad being rough for him unless he can really abuse Vlad in the level 3-6 range.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm not PX and I don't really play much of either of those champs, but I don't see why Rumble would do well vs. Vlad. Generally speaking, Rumble has issues vs. spammy mages with a bit of range in my experience, so I'd imagine Vlad being rough for him unless he can really abuse Vlad in the level 3-6 range.
What champs (if you could play any champs) would you use against Vlad? I have no idea and just need some names so I can learn a champ and win that lane :S

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Typically against Vlad top I'm just trying to abuse him before he hits critical mass so I take strong early bursters vs. him. Seeing as how I like playing Pantheon, J4, and Wukong anyway, I just play one of them. They all body Vlad unless Vlad gets some serious help for the first 7 levels.

WW can typically force a freefarm lane vs. Vlad by just going philo + chalice + wit's since Vlad can't trade with him at any point with that setup, but due to the range differential, Vlad just kinda hovers around the creep waves and gets his CS anyway. WW feels like a safer pick, as the early aggression tactic can blow up in your face against early jungle pressure.

I also think balls out bursty mages can beat on Vlad. Stuff like LeBlanc/Annie, but they're generally weaker picks top due to inability to get blue buffs and vulnerability to ganks.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Yorick. E+W. Do more damage than Vlad and heal for more. You can start the harass from level 1-4 where Vlad really sucks. You can always out range him with W to force him to use his Q on minions to regain health.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I dunno, I really like Ashe for only laning phase. When mid phase happens I feel like the only thing I can do is CC or initiate :(

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Well, yeah I guess those are amazing things. I just feel so used to having damage with a carry instead of utility. I've only recently put a ton of time into Ashe compared to the other carries I play.

Speaking of which, I'd really really like to "Level Up" my league play and was wondering if Dphat or others still do those really fun inhouses. If so I'd be sooooo game for those despite me probably having the worst elo or gameplay skill on the forum xD

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
According to Dyrus' guide, Swain, Lee Sin (max W), Irelia (Flat MR page to wits), and Olaf all do well vs Vlad.

Swain I guess would only be viable though as blue team and a non blue reliant mid. I think Yorick is an even lane if anything, not sure if he can stop Vlad once they have items though.

Once Late game starts and Ashe has items. Her slows are just O_O.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
ashe feels so under powered compared to the other AD carries. I often times feel that with even a good support she gets forced back to her tower to easily.

But that is just my low elo exp.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
What's your reasoning for Nidalee being solid? Just curious. Do you play her ever.
I don't play her personally, but 2 of my friends do.

When she supports me bot we win our lane 90% of the time.(Nidalee and Brand is still the funniest lane I have ever played in, pillar and spear = must use pot and b early levels)

Ashe/Nidalee is hilarious too once Ashe ult is up. Free max range spear. xD

Just ward bushes and throw spears at them under their turret or when they try to farm.

Cougar form is good for getaways/chasing too.

Heal is nice to have.

She can go AD or AP quite easily too, depending on the team you are facing.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Rumble would not beat Vlad without an early kill (but Rumble with an early kill snowballs vs literally everyone). Rumble doesn't get strong until level 5, and that's nearing the point when Vlad gets strong as well. Up until then you have to deal with eating free harass from Vlad without trading. Rumble is a good choice vs melee b/c he gets free DPS while they try to last hit, against Ranged he is at best mediocre, and Vlad has free sustain and free spam, so he'd fare even worse.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Why do some people try and build armor against Olaf when he goes top?

Isn't health what you are supposed to build against him?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yes it is. Which is also why I'm not a huge fan of Olaf against Vlad. Although Olaf can theoretically body him for a while, eventually the Vlad WILL farm up and get all that free health. The armor helps against the Axes though.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Dyrus recommended possibly going 1-2 doran shields vs olaf because of the armor/hp regen/hp bonus's it gives as Vlad if your having trouble.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
I played her a few games ago. I don't know what it is, but Ashe is really hard to last hit with for me.
But then she gets her ult and it's just so much fun.

I haven't bought a champ in a while, I'm wondering who I should get next. Looking through the list, here are some that interest me: Pantheon, Lux, Nidalee, Anivia, maybe Rumble, maybe Irelia, maybe Viktor, Fizz, Talon, maybe Leona, Kennen, and Malzahar. Problem is everyone after Irelia costs 6300 :(

You guys have any favorites in there? I'm most interested in another magey type right now, particularly Malz, Anivia, and Lux. Only one I played was Malz, and that was one time when I was completely new, and I got the feeling he wasn't the most newb-friendly type to play.
if malz was hard then anivia will probably be even harder
lux is proably the simplest of the 3 you listed

Rappster

Smash Ace
hey y'all.
i gave up league for lent, and so i'm coming back pretty rusty (not that i was ever good to begin with).
in addition to playing to knock off the rust, my buddies need me to become a solo top player (i've done support almost exclusively for almost a year).

i think i'd like to choose 3-4 solo top champs to cover most matchups (preferably from ones i own), and just focus on being really solid at them.
currently i own (from characters i normally see top)
cho, gp, garen, jax, kennen, malph, yi, morg, nasus, nunu, olaf, poppy, rammus, riven, rumble, ryze, singed, sion, taric, teemo, trynd, TF, urgot, ww, wukong, and xin.

Which should i focus on learning?

i'd guess ww, rumble, kennen, olaf, but i'm not exactly the sharpest cheddar in the barrel.

thanks in advance

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Rumble is not great vs Vlad because he's really weak early on and wouldn't be able to deal with Vlad's range/damage til later. All Rumble can do is get hit and have the lane push in his favor til 5/6+ , but it's hard to last hit without pushing the lane and without eating damage from Vlad. Vlad will also easily out sustain Rumble regardless of whether they get Revolver. If his pool is down though and you fight at 7ish, you should beat him, but that's about it.

Swain's not too bad vs Vlad. It's not easy or hard bodied MU, but it's fine.

Top champs:

Learn Kennen til they body him with the nerf bat, Riven/Irelia/WW/Udyr/Lee Sin/generic tanky ****, certain mages like Ryze or Swain that do good vs Melee, and if Yorick Nid Cho Immovable wall is too boring for you then be a man with Garen

Kira-

Smash Champion
Realized yesterday Cassio is broken but since everyone sucks at her she's balanced

Vlad's items: Deathcap, Rylais, Wota, Abyssal
My items (as cass): Deathcap, Rylais

Teamfight happens, Vlad goes straight after me, I gib 1 person then turn around and 1v1 him. that damage is broken. And don't act like the vlad was bad, only so bad you can be with a faceroll champ

Same with Urgot, only 2 ppl can play urgot (genja being one of them), the rest just do well because he's op (chaox, yellow, etc)

D

Deleted member

chogath really isn't a defensive schmuck unless you want to play him like that/ play vs an opponent who is unkillable

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I came to the realization Urgot is OP when I saw how hard Genja was hitting with that sick ranged deeps build of brutalizer -> FH + GA. DA**** IS THAT ****!?

Also, Irelia is no longer a good idea top IMO. That sustain nerf really hurt and it seems like most competent tops are just bodying her unless they severely underestimate her or pick into a bad matchup.

As for the dude asking for which of his champ pool to stick to top, I'd say go with Kennen, Warwick and Wukong or Riven.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I came to the realization Urgot is OP when I saw how hard Genja was hitting with that sick ranged deeps build of brutalizer -> FH + GA. DA**** IS THAT ****!?

Also, Irelia is no longer a good idea top IMO. That sustain nerf really hurt and it seems like most competent tops are just bodying her unless they severely underestimate her or pick into a bad matchup.

As for the dude asking for which of his champ pool to stick to top, I'd say go with Kennen, Warwick and Wukong or Riven.
The Irelia nerf hit me hard too. She was one of my goto champs top lane. Since the nerf I'm finding it harder to play top (since my champ pool is tiny). I guess I pick up Monkey now?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Top lane is goofy in solo queue. If you're not comfortable enough with a champion to be confident in your ability to dominate an opponent, I'd stick to ridiculously safe champions with good scaling. Honestly, I think the best advice for solo queue top is to have 2 rune pages, both with ArPen Marks and Armor Seals and then have 1 with MRes/level Glyphs and Flat Armor Quints and 1 with Flat MRes Glyphs and Quints and then just pick Flash/TP GP every game, maxing W first, specing 9/21/0 and opening gold/10s. It's just so safe and reliable at getting farmed up for lategame and gives crazy global presence.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Just curious, with a lot of flat mr pages floating around lately, does haunting guise not help immensely here?

Kira-

Smash Champion
Today I realized I am absolutely terrible at this game and have no idea how to lane

And that Dyrus is a little kid

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wukong is a pretty good bursty/AoE pick, but he also doesn't have built in sustain so you may lose to hard sustainers until Wriggles.

Doesn't matter, Kira- that's why you jungle :)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Just curious, with a lot of flat mr pages floating around lately, does haunting guise not help immensely here?
Not really. It can do OK if they're stubborn about not building anymore MRes, but if they build negatron vs. your guise, you basically delayed your build by 1500+ to delay theirs by 740 and you have a dead end item and they're 740 up for their BVeil, QSS or Abyssal later in the game. Basically, Guise doesn't give enough efficiency for a mid tier item to be worth buying unless you have enough of a lead that you just want to put pressure on them to build defense instead of offense.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Guise is so expensive, I don't understand why. The good part is you can sell it for 1k to buy void staff later

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ad quints, armor pen/ad marks, Armor yellow, mr blue is what I would do.

Viable Items include dorans, frozen mallet, atmas, mercs/tabi/lucidity, last whisper, randuins, force of nature.

Triforce and wits end could also work if youre looking to do the deeps and the rest of your team isnt doing enough damage.

Max q then either w or e depending on how hard your lane is. W if youre having trouble, E if youre stomping. Most of the time w is a better option since it will lower your chances of dying and can also save your teammates.

Harass people with q>q then w back to your minions for safety. E your opponent when you can do it without pushing your lane. Whenever you are looking to kill somebody, do q>r>q because the second part of his q does more damage based on how low health your opponent is (kinda like garen/riven ults).

Lee sin is really strong top.
@Hylian
Max W if you want to be a douche.
chances are you aren't going to be landing random resonating strikes

what you wanna do is safeguard to your minion as they try to last hit, tempest/cripples and then pound the **** out of them while having absurd lifesteal/vamp and a big shield to boot.

then you ignite, chase, and kill them. ez

Thanks. I played him two games before I saw these posts actually. Maxed W, went boots/pots into 2 dorans into phage then warmogs->atmas->FM. Beat an olaf and a trundle pretty badly, it was surprisingly easy.

In IPL4 I saw dyrus use a build similar to mine, and voyboy use a completely different build. Voyboy went brutalizer/dorans into ghostblade(not sure what he built after). Whats up with the huge difference in builds? Just lane match-ups?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Lane-matchup and team comp probably. Lee can be built tanky first or dps first and still work out. If you already have a tanky mid+jungle it may be more optimal to go more dps on lee. Not really sure why Voy would complete ghostblade on Lee though.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Just played draft and the only spot left was mid, and some (arrogant) support Lulu was horrified at the prospect of me going Karma mid, so I ended up going Annie. I pretty much just stayed there all game while my teammates (who were arrogant but good) kill everything and we won. :\
I'd play Annie more if I had the reverse skin.

Top Bottom