• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Just bought Nautilus because I really see no reason to not have him as an available pick.

I've never been a very strong player in the jungle, so I'd like some guidance for rune/mastery setup on jungle Nautilus if anyone is willing to help.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So I'm playing ranked and our first pick is going jungle Xin. This is legitimately the first time I've seen this in ranked, or in a while, and I have no idea what to expect. :/
All I know is that there's a stigma.

edit: so basically it looks like xin really does fall off lategame, and we only managed to win because their urgot left.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I dunno if I've ever played Nautilus with the Ikes but you want to get a really good leash at blue and even a harder one if you dare start red. You can't do wolves/wraithes without help either cause Naut's clear is way to low without a level 2 shield. So when you hit level 3, first deduce if you can gank someone if not do not get dredge line and farm straight to level 4. I find farming straight to level 4 to be most effective.

You'll want a FH as you love all the stats, especially if you are giving blue buff away. Wits end is also amazing as your shield scales of attack speed with the more hits you can do with it up. Boots of mobility really help with ganks, but if the other team has a lot of CC, you'll want mercs. Get a HoG or philo, (or both if you get ahead, Naut's ganks are pretty deadily so it happens) If you get a glacial shroud, your mana should be fine to clearing so you don't have to get a philo stone.

Runes are attack speed reds, armor yellows, MR blues, and movement speed quints. If you don't have movement speed use AP quints as Naut scales off AP. Masteries i'd say go 0/21/9 for longer buffs and faster movement speed (or mana regen)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
So I'm playing ranked and our first pick is going jungle Xin. This is legitimately the first time I've seen this in ranked, or in a while, and I have no idea what to expect. :/
All I know is that there's a stigma.

edit: so basically it looks like xin really does fall off lategame, and we only managed to win because their urgot left.
Xin Zhao is strong at first, but he falls off really hard at around the 3-minute mark.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dunno if I've ever played Nautilus with the Ikes but you want to get a really good leash at blue and even a harder one if you dare start red. You can't do wolves/wraithes without help either cause Naut's clear is way to low without a level 2 shield. So when you hit level 3, first deduce if you can gank someone if not do not get dredge line and farm straight to level 4. I find farming straight to level 4 to be most effective.

You'll want a FH as you love all the stats, especially if you are giving blue buff away. Wits end is also amazing as your shield scales of attack speed with the more hits you can do with it up. Boots of mobility really help with ganks, but if the other team has a lot of CC, you'll want mercs. Get a HoG or philo, (or both if you get ahead, Naut's ganks are pretty deadily so it happens) If you get a glacial shroud, your mana should be fine to clearing so you don't have to get a philo stone.

Runes are attack speed reds, armor yellows, MR blues, and movement speed quints. If you don't have movement speed use AP quints as Naut scales off AP. Masteries i'd say go 0/21/9 for longer buffs and faster movement speed (or mana regen)
I usually start Blue and if I dont get a leash theres still no problem... Well, unless I get counterjungled, but thats a bit different lol.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Jpak's team going Naut while their opponents are going Maokai. This may be a situation where both teams invade.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I just played a game where i'm support lulu and i made more money than my ad and ap carry. i went 8/3/18 and alistar and malphite were the ones doing the most work. Triple knock up! Ad carry got fed but malphite means its no problem.

Money n hos

Smash Cadet
ok
Just wondering does Varus' "w" ability proc the likes of say Sheen or Triforce?

Or does it have to be a proper use ability?
dont know, dont play varus. however every ability that isnt a toggle ability (singed poison, anivia glacial storm, etc) procs sheen. so if it isnt a toggle then yes it does (i think)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
In order to proc sheen and triforce it has to be an ability that you activate. If it's an on-hit ability itself (like Varus W) it doesn't trigger things like Sheen and Triforce

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I dunno. I feel like if you ward the bush and stun/silence him when he looks like he's making a play, then he's fairly harmless.

Unless you mean jungle Alistar. I don't have enough experience vs that to know what it's like, though it seems pretty popular/insane.

I shouldn't say fairly harmless. But it inhibits his ability to make plays bot lane by a bit. His teamfight is still really strong, and he's really good overall, obviously.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I hate his stupid endless heals with no mana costs.
I hate his stupid crowd control that ignores tenacity, huge base damage, and stuns after both knock ups with stupidly low cooldowns.
I hate his stupid base AD.
I hate his stupid free damage with free tankiness cleansing ult, allowing him to be a menace no matter what.
He wins fights so easily and lanes too well with no effort while also being an absurd jungler.

And then he gets buffed when he's already too strong with more magic resist and less mana costs.

Money n hos

Smash Cadet
except alistar rewards you for using his kit well and if you suck at him you die and lose your team the game... its good design

unlike nautilus vlad and yorick who reward people without full brain function... cant talk about alistar when those champs exist. make this game almost unplayable after a while

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
No matter how well you use Eve's kit, she'll still suck.

I thought Alistar's heals were like, puny. But the fact that he can heal often probably makes up for it. And he has to be really close to you to really be effective, which is kind of easily telegraphed, imo.

I feel like I agree with Money n hos (looool, btw), where you can't just be a derp with Alistar and win, yet you can be a braindead Naut and still do well. Just my opinion, though.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Alistar wasn't S-tier from the beginning, they remade him a year back or so.

Eve's kind of funny in her terribleness. Change that slow out of stealth into a stun and she's broken.

Money n hos

Smash Cadet
Sounds like every other champion in this game. :applejack:
vlad naut yorick

edit: and its not even just being bad and succeeding, its being so far behind and still being so effective. you can kill vlad 5 times in lane and he can still outlane you if he wins the matchup. yorick is just stupid. and naut can go mobility boots first and be tankier than someone with a health item and do more damage as well. its just bad balance and makes me want to break my laptop sometimes

Kira-

Smash Champion
If you have shurelia boots 2 and frozen heart, what damage item do you build on alistar?

Assuming that you're jungle alistar and will get some farm

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I usually build sheen>TF on my jungle alistar. It gives you a lot of things that you like, and the proc is good with your cooldowns as low as they are.

I'm bad at this game tho, so I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the most optimal choice.

jpak

Smash Lord
Left AL today. Difference in opinion, and direction. :). Was told to improve, asked in what and how specifically the response essentially was to play Leona... Later told I was not a good teammate because I didn't want to improve.

Among other things is differences on how the team should pick, play, and communicate.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Left AL today. Difference in opinion, and direction. :). Was told to improve, asked in what and how specifically the response essentially was to play Leona... Later told I was not a good teammate because I didn't want to improve.

Among other things is differences on how the team should pick, play, and communicate.
really hope you find a new home

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

guess the friends in jpak and friends are very replaceable.

I liked your old team when i first saw jpak and friends :[

So i played a game as Lulu and there was a chogath on my team and I always wanted to ult him just so he would cover 1/2 the screen of the other team

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yo how about you like look **** up before posting it here? I guess it's too difficult to like look up how sheen/triforce proc works on google?
How about you ask a question that would cause a debate instead of a simple yes/no question that is easily searchable on google.
This thread is all about lol, I am entitled to ask questions here since it's a site I frequent.

Google also didn't help me.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I mean but a little reasoning should have answered that question for you

vayne's W
Teemo's poison

both essentially the same thing as Varus W and neither proc sheen.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
except alistar rewards you for using his kit well and if you suck at him you die and lose your team the game... its good design

unlike nautilus vlad and yorick who reward people without full brain function... cant talk about alistar when those champs exist. make this game almost unplayable after a while
Alistar is not that hard when you're at least 1000 ELO. He could save an enemy with a bad headbutt or he could accidentally fix that mistake by having 350+ speed and catch up to them anyway and pulverize because headbutt stuns for no reason and he attacks during headbutt for no reason too. And if he doesn't completely suck at the game, he'll screw the enemy team over.

Also, a telegraphed heal does not mean a heal that can be punished. Alistar creates distance -> not punishable heal. Heck, even without distance it is usually safe because it is so fast.

The biggest issue, one that needs to be addressed, is the fact that he and too many people have bullcrap that ignores tenacity and they are so ridiculous in just about every field that you'll see them too often. I feel like Merc's is becoming less and less effective in the meta because they don't actually work on all the fotm crap.

I agree that Yorick, Nautilus, and Vlad are braindead overpowered too though. I just think Alistar (and smartcast Lee Sin) are in the same ******** boat.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I can definitely agree that it's stupid there is CC like knockups that completely ignore tenacity :/ it has absolutely no counter o_o

edit: hey so is Garen absolute garbage in ranked? Thinking about buying him.

Top Bottom