• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The client really likes to crash on me a lot now once the games are about to start, meaning I need to re-login every time, and if the login queue is too long, I miss the game entirely. If the login queue is fine, I usually can either make it back before everyone else is done loading and be completely fine, or I miss the first 2 mins or so.

I have seen a ton of DCs > instant reconnects a lot lately though.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Still 50 minute waiting queues. Even I am losing patience!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/announcement.php?f=2

06-25-2012 until 07-26-2012
ಠ_ಠ
Now it says 06-25-2012 until 12-21-2012

but we all know it's going to be fixed soon right ._.

also LOL just got the reference, that's too good.

I love playing Karma but it's hard not to get trolled. I pretty much can't even play her in ranked so I join normals and even there it's hard to get to play her >=(

Lovage

Smash Hero
yo why the **** does it say that

like, are they actually predicting servers being unstable and at-capacity for MONTHS? did china just get internet or some ****?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
yo why the **** does it say that

like, are they actually predicting servers being unstable and at-capacity for MONTHS? did china just get internet or some ****?
Its the duration of the announcement.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Aw did I miss an inhouse?

And why would Jpak ask if someone plays top if he's talking with xHazzard?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
D'awwwwww. Look how happy jpak made him. It so cute how excited he is.

That sounded sort of feminine.

GRAAAH! STEAK! GUNS! ALISTAR! TIME TO GO DO SOME (voli)BEAR FIGHTS!

On a related note, showing smartcast range has made headbutt pulv more or less just as easy as hardcast. <3 jpak so much. It might be of merit to mention that for smartcast players in your ali guide s2j. It has helped me a ton. I was 50% before (using only smartcast) and I'm doing just so so much better after playing a few games.

D

Deleted member

D'awwwwww. Look how happy jpak made him. It so cute how excited he is.

That sounded sort of feminine.

GRAAAH! STEAK! GUNS! ALISTAR! TIME TO GO DO SOME (voli)BEAR FIGHTS!

On a related note, showing smartcast range has made headbutt pulv more or less just as easy as hardcast. <3 jpak so much. It might be of merit to mention that for smartcast players in your ali guide s2j. It has helped me a ton. I was 50% before (using only smartcast) and I'm doing just so so much better after playing a few games.
i am DISILLUSIONED with people thinking alistar is a homo char cuz of jungle ali

jpak

Smash Lord
Xhazzard and vileroze are joining mono so they aren't an option. Might just join a team or make one with less known players.

Alistar jungle put the most pressures on lanes early on than anyother jungler

Www.isleagueoflegendsup.com is good to check out and see the queue time before you relog, dodge or switch accounts. It will accurately tell you the queue time.

:phone:

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I hate Alistar - support and jungle - in every way, especially his new splash art. His tiny eyes make him look like angry Bill Deautrive (King of the Hill) with man-mode amounts of autism.

Also, the Lee Sin nerf from this patch is the best thing ever. I'm glad he's finally balanced.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
So, played as Cho against a Draven top.
Maxed Q and used his own Q to aim, it was ****ing hilarious watching him battle against his reflexes.

still lost tho :T

zyth

Smash Lord
so just won a rankin match as Annie vs Vlad mid....12/2 in the end, dieing twice when ganked but taking vlad with me each time. one of the times i was ganked i killed skarner and lived to tell the tale. Annie for best mid

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Watching Voyboy stream. Wtf why he lose 87 ELO from one game?

http://i.imgur.com/KR4cd.jpg
It has been said on the Korean servers that, if you have a poor KDA, you lose more Elo with a loss. He went 1/9/1 there, so if it's true it makes a bit of sense. This also leads to Koreans surrendering earlier than the other servers because they don't want to risk their KDA when the other team is so far ahead.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I was always under the impression that Annie was the worst mid in the game and loses her lane without making up for it later on.

Also, lol, her patch history is funny. All Riot did was buff her, then nerf her, then buff her again, then reverted all of the buffs and nerfs to where she's just like release, but tankier.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Mogwai likes to use teemo vs Darius.
Pretty sure s2j will claim cho beats him. :-P

I like to use irelia vs Darius.

I assume vladimir, Kennen, and kayle will all give Darius trouble.

:phone:

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Annie is still good mid, her only problem is that she's super predictable, aka you know exactly what an enemy Annie is thinking at any given time, so its easy to not feed her million of kills in lane unless you're just dumb

Player-3

Smash Hero
kayle beats darius; from my experience vlad/darius isn't bad at all for darius because his q does the 50% bonus at around the same range as vlads q is

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I was always under the impression that Annie was the worst mid in the game and loses her lane without making up for it later on.

Also, lol, her patch history is funny. All Riot did was buff her, then nerf her, then buff her again, then reverted all of the buffs and nerfs to where she's just like release, but tankier.
Just cause she's a common pick doesn't mean she isn't a good mid.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
kayle beats darius; from my experience vlad/darius isn't bad at all for darius because his q does the 50% bonus at around the same range as vlads q is
When it comes to Kayle vs Darius, first one to get ahead stays ahead. Kayle has a slight advantage but Darius can still get the lead at first.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
lol

Go to "more options" click the checkbox for see smartcast range. Its super cool.
this, it's basically the same as regular casting except 100% better. My elo has continued to rise since enabling smartcasting (or I just improved/got better teammates)

what are some good counters to darius top? i keep losing matches cuz ppl go top and get destroyed by him up there
I played Karma top and killed a Darius, and then he switched lanes with Draven because he was a babby. Clearly Karma beats Darius because I did it once.

D

Deleted member

When it comes to Kayle vs Darius, first one to get ahead stays ahead. Kayle has a slight advantage but Darius can still get the lead at first.
it's dependent on darius getting a pull / kayle messing up big time

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive heard a few people say Olaf does well against Darius in lane, and I wanna know if thats true. And I dont mean beats him or counters him, just generally does well and either the lane stale mates or the better player wins.

Top Bottom