• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

zyth

Smash Lord
I fought an AD Annie the other day. pretty ****ing ridiculous. long range attacks and stun just for the hell of it

So i finally played the new Xin. now I see why he is so op

Kira-

Smash Champion
Irelia is a lost art nowadays

nobody knows how to play her at all except wickd its sad

crumbz rain man cruzer all suck at her

saddest part tho is that they still win their lane sometimes despite being completely inept

also riven is so incredibly broke how is she not permabanned

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Having some success (last 3 games so far) in ranked running champs where kill potential isn't as much of an issue along with tp, being able to tp down and save a failing lane is so useful.

Hell, been getting kills via pure better laning mechanics cause my current elo is really low, I think I really benefited from the time off i took to practice top lane.

Still need to work on my tunnel vison issue though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
riven's late game is kinda weak or something I guess. idk, riven and rumble are totally bull**** characters, should both be banned every game IMO. manaless champs with low CD shield + mobility on the same skill, hurdur.
There's more stuff to abuse vs Rumble but yeah they are both lame. Riven's no fun

I friggin' HATE Riven with a bloody passion. :applejack:
I HATED RIVEN BEFORE YOU ****S DID

Hop Hop Hop that's all she ****ing does

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have a friend I play with a lot who has THE WORST tunnel vision issue. Has no map awareness at all and even when talking to him on skype and tell him flat out to help with a fight near his lane or something, still doesnt realize it quick enough.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I have a friend I play with a lot who has THE WORST tunnel vision issue. Has no map awareness at all and even when talking to him on skype and tell him flat out to help with a fight near his lane or something, still doesnt realize it quick enough.
Why you play with him

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
it is extremely annoying when you play a game where all 10 players are getting constant major lag spikes/disconnects and then you don't get a loss forgiven :D

second time it's happened since zyra came out, and i've heard of it happening to other people randomly. it's awful.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So I just had the most amazing game finish. The score was something like 17-16 about 45 mins in (us the 17), and we had a slight turret disadvantage (every non base turret was gone accept the other team's last top, and no inhibs or anything were gone) but the minions were pushed in all lanes atm. So we were all in the enemy jungle by wraiths (we were blue team so we were by purple's wraiths) and the enemy team showed up near red. As they turned the corner towards river, our Nunu started an ult from the small bush slowing the entire enemy team, and just before they had time to realize what happened and/or get out of the ult, our ali did headbutt > pulv the ENTIRE TEAM to keep them in Nunu's ult, giving Nunu an instant double kill and allowing Corki and I to clean up (I also got a double kill) then push mid for the win. Was an insanely close game but the ending was amazing.

bassem6

Smash Lord
So I just had the most amazing game finish. The score was something like 17-16 about 45 mins in (us the 17), and we had a slight turret disadvantage (every non base turret was gone accept the other team's last top, and no inhibs or anything were gone) but the minions were pushed in all lanes atm. So we were all in the enemy jungle by wraiths (we were blue team so we were by purple's wraiths) and the enemy team showed up near red. As they turned the corner towards river, our Nunu started an ult from the small bush slowing the entire enemy team, and just before they had time to realize what happened and/or get out of the ult, our ali did headbutt > pulv the ENTIRE TEAM to keep them in Nunu's ult, giving Nunu an instant double kill and allowing Corki and I to clean up (I also got a double kill) then push mid for the win. Was an insanely close game but the ending was amazing.
EMPIRE!!!:awesome:

Niko45

Smash Master
Idk why I said kog, kog's lane is amazing if you manage his mana well. Still don't feel like he carries lanes like graves can tho obviously.

Lovage

Smash Hero
kog can't carry as hard as graves in the lane phase and midgame because his spells actually require you to aim ****, unlike graves where u slam ur elbows on the keyboard and complete the engage/gonk perfectly

and even then graves will still out damage at like 6-12 lol =/

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
also riven is so incredibly broke how is she not permabanned
Really? I find Riven to be kinda weak. Her teamfight just seems so mediocre, and she gets absolutely rolled by Jayce in lane. I think Irelia is favored against Riven, too.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So is she a bruiser or a tank? I can imagine she'd look hilarious shooting across the battlefield with her ult. :applejack:

Coney

Smash Master
WAIT

LAUDANDUS IS A SMASHER???

i played with you in two normal games, the only other person i've seen go hec solo top, i remember it because you were good

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Pretty sure I'm gonna buy Diana on release. She sounds like.... a tanky aoe Akali, especially since one of her moves also has the word "crescent" and her ult makes her dash to a target. o_o

D

Deleted member

PBE has been saying that it will patch "later this evening" for the past 2 hours and its driving me crazy

Player-3

Smash Hero
Thoughts on zyra

I think shes good but her plants die wayyyy to quick to aoe in teamfights

Imo her ult should give something besides as to them. Maybe some bonus hp or shield or something

:phone:

voorhese

Smash Master
My commands make veigar tired =( I feel bad for the little guy.

wait nvm I have been 1 shot by that little ******* before....**** that guy.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Getting one shot by Veigar is one of the most depressing things that have ever happened to me mid. It just...sucks. Even if you don't get stunned, his ult + DFG + ignite + Q should be more than enough, and they are all targetted. :(

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
explain to me how Riven is weak, I've never gotten that impression.
I personally find her to be weak I think largely because Irelia and Jayce are both favored against her, but otherwise her laning is very strong.

In teamfights she just seems like a glorified Master Yi or Tryndamere - a squishy melee dps who is fairly easily shut down by CC. Her AoE burst is nice, so she can kinda be run in an AoE comp, but there are in my opinion stronger alternatives, such as Kennen or Vlad, both of whom are notably safe laners who can be picked before an enemy laner anyway.

Top Bottom