• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Well I still have quite a bit to work on in general, but that's sort of half the problem. I mean, look at my number of wins, and I've been playing since karma patch.

Getting somebody to consistently practice with with the endgoal of doing ranked together would do a lot to help with this.

I mean, I had a 6 win streak in ranked and I stopped after my first loss, I dunno I'd like to improve but I really need to be working with somebody to motivate me at this point.
Why not just try hard in draft normals to get better? Though I suppose doing ranked at this point wouldn't hurt, with the season ending in a month or so

I'm trying for 1600 (again) by the end of the season but I'm not gonna duo because I'm a man

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Triple exhaust is always fun. Double exhaust bot lane is so annoying ._.

I'll be trying ranked.. I won my first and only ranked game as Sona. Gonna keep going my support for life in ranked.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Why not just try hard in draft normals to get better? Though I suppose doing ranked at this point wouldn't hurt, with the season ending in a month or so

I'm trying for 1600 (again) by the end of the season but I'm not gonna duo because I'm a man
Cause lazy. It's less an issue of "I could lose elo" and more an issue of "do I really wanna be committed for 40 minutes atm".

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Cause lazy. It's less an issue of "I could lose elo" and more an issue of "do I really wanna be committed for 40 minutes atm".
Well...if you can't motivate yourself then why expect others to care either? Just saying

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Teammate was going to go AP Varus mid but someone dodged. Am I glad they did?

D

Deleted member

Triple exhaust is always fun. Double exhaust bot lane is so annoying ._.

I'll be trying ranked.. I won my first and only ranked game as Sona. Gonna keep going my support for life in ranked.
if ur support only i highly recommend duo Q

until 1700+, and even then, you will have the worst partners in the world who struggle to last hit/ commit suicide/ SUCK, etc

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
if ur support only i highly recommend duo Q

until 1700+, and even then, you will have the worst partners in the world who struggle to last hit/ commit suicide/ SUCK, etc
I agree with Johnny, support in lower elos can be rough if you don't have someone on your team to closely coordinate with. Below 1400 I don't recommend limiting yourself to the support role every game, but at higher elos it gets better. People like jpak, Spellsy and Nhat can get away with support-only in solo queue when they initially climb because they were already really good at the start of Season 2, and got to 1700s+ very quickly in their placement games, but for the rest of us in the 1200-1600 range we're likely not good enough to carry from support quite yet, so duo queue or learning carry roles is the best approach

In other news oh god it's another Lux and Caitlyn free week, prepare for the worst play imaginable

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I feel like everyone in here is like at least 1600 with many people being 2000 or higher. Why are smash peoples so good at this game and why am I not?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I feel like everyone in here is like at least 1600 with many people being 2000 or higher. Why are smash peoples so good at this game and why am I not?
The vast majority of people in this thread (and in the SWF chat in the client) are unranked or below 1400. Just like the vast majority of all League of Legends players

I think it's something like, if you're Bronze you are already in the top third of all players who have ever played this game

Kira-

Smash Champion
I think people fail to realize something very important

there is no reason to duo queue if your partner isn't better than the elo he is currently at

or else he is literally just as good as all the solo queue noobs

Nike.

Smash Hero
I play jungle/support roles. Tried to practice laners for every role, but I have a big problem with cs'ing. It's easy in practice mode, but I choke when in a lane against someone else and always get dominated (like, 50 cs at 10 minutes, 100 at 20 min, etc) until the lane is just lost. Practicing in games over and over seems like the most logical thing to do until it's natural, but atm that almost always ends up in me losing the lane and ultimately the game for the team, followed by constant harassment from everyone.

Is there a better way to learn cs'ing? If jungle/support is taken in a game, I instantly become the liability and I want to change that ;_;

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Play free win/farm laners.

While not necessarily a choice which will work out for you depending on mus, but if you're picking Mordekeiser, Morgana or Malzahar, you're likely going to farm well.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I play jungle/support roles. Tried to practice laners for every role, but I have a big problem with cs'ing. It's easy in practice mode, but I choke when in a lane against someone else and always get dominated (like, 50 cs at 10 minutes, 100 at 20 min, etc) until the lane is just lost. Practicing in games over and over seems like the most logical thing to do until it's natural, but atm that almost always ends up in me losing the lane and ultimately the game for the team, followed by constant harassment from everyone.

Is there a better way to learn cs'ing? If jungle/support is taken in a game, I instantly become the liability and I want to change that ;_;
get a friend and 1v1 them to practice csing, once you get that down, you'll be able to factor in junglers and roamers

there is no reason to duo queue if your partner isn't better than the elo he is currently at

then people will never duo queue unless same elo

Nashun

Smash Ace

That's only true if the only reason you're playing ranked at all is because you believe you're better than the elo you're currently at!

What about those who want to play ranked but believe they are where they belong?

Kira-

Smash Champion
People only don't go up in ELO b/c they solo queue too much.
i would respond but im not sure what this means. so like they don't go up in elo because they play too much? but SILSOL

then people will never duo queue unless same elo
not true i duo'd with macd on different accounts and we were 200 elo apart, won 10 straight i think

That's only true if the only reason you're playing ranked at all is because you believe you're better than the elo you're currently at!

What about those who want to play ranked but believe they are where they belong?
this man is too smart

i digress

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord

get a friend and 1v1 them to practice csing, once you get that down, you'll be able to factor in junglers and roamers
I main support and secondary jungle, I'd like to work on laning as well. I'm down to 1v1 any role. add me "faithkeeper"

jpak

Smash Lord
just play to improve and learn from the game. i mean people like xj9, altec, and silsol (top 10 on ladder) lots of people wouldnt consider them good.

Do you just get bullied from lane so you can't cs, or just have problems with last hitting with other champions in the area?

Also what lane do you generally try to farm in?

D

Deleted member

to cs, just keep track of melee minions smacking other minions, ranged dot shots slowly hitting, and cannon shots shooting quickly

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Gym partner metaphor.

Also coordination.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Gym partner metaphor.

Also coordination.
I think you left out the biggest part.

Skype.

edit: I realize you said coordination, but there is some coordination and then there is communication(!) thats what i mean with skype. Really nice and easy to use and be a lot more comfortable about

D

Deleted member

cho top is OP as ****

literally never a bad pick anymore IMO 95% cases

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
http://elophant.com/?teamId=ZQ8EXO

this thing is really cool, assuming i'm not secretly getting a virus
I tried it, but it told me Karthus was my best mid when I know that is Ahri. :/

But this is pretty cool of a tool.

just play to improve and learn from the game. i mean people like xj9, altec, and silsol (top 10 on ladder) lots of people wouldnt consider them good.
This is great advice, and I approve.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I'm watching a Dota 2 match, Na'vi v. LGD I think, and the commentators described a team fight initiation as a "wombo combo"

What have we done O__O

Top Bottom