• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
At my elo people are still playing **** champs like Malzahar and Volibear lol
oh wait that's me :urg:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I used Janna yesterday for the first time in a while (been going mostly Taric support lately) and did really well (was also the game I found out just how gay Malphite is, which is in part why we still lost). Her disengage and AD shield just make her really good for blue balling the enemy team. I love it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Why is volibear bad exactly? I see him tapping on high elo streams all the time.
That's odd. Compare his popularity to jax, riven, olaf, rumble etc.
Even Singed is more popular and seems to have a higher winrate.

I dunno, Volibear just has some problems. Being kited and not having any legitimate tanky steroids like most tanky dps have are the biggest ones I see. Singed gets health from mana and amazing stats from his ult, Voli gets a predictable heal that scales with health but that's it :\
Malzahar is ****.
That's what I try to tell people but they're like "LOL QSS INSTACOUNTER"
Not to mention that if I make a single mistake while playing him I get raged at for the rest of the game, even if I'm doing the best on the team >_> guess that's true with any champ though.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Definitely this. You need at least one lane to be doing well in order for to effectively carry a team. If 3 lanes are doing well, then you can't take dragon, control buffs, or even farm your jungle without one of the three lanes needing help. And more than likely, trying to help a crippled lane will lead to you dying unless they're not too far behind.
That's what I feel like in a lot of my games. I usually just try to get the ap mid to snowballing status, but it never seems to work. I'd love to gank bottom more but usually its warded up and the adc/support are outleveling me because of them outplaying my bot lane.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Depends how badly they're losing and what sort of jungler you're playing. If you're someone who can assassinate or carry through midgame like Mundo, Shyv, Noct, Amumu, you should farm your *** off and try to snipe kill sprees and finish a big item and then group with your team for objectives. If you're a more supporty jungler like Nunu or Maokai, you need to hone in on lanes where your lane isn't so far behind that you can't even kill 2v1/3v2 and try to camp your lanes back into the game since no matter how farmed you get, you won't be able to carry through midgame.
I was playing jungle j4. I decided to just run between mid and top as much as I could =/

just had another game where all three lanes are losing.

I decide to roam betwen top and mid. set up 4 kills after already setting up first blood on top. Still lose. Get called a terrible jungler because I didn't gank our bot lane of darius and garen against blitz vayne

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
malzahar so fun
part of the reason I play him. Wish I could see some high elo play of him to see if there's anything I could learn, but it's not like anybody streams playing him and the last time I tried looking on LoLreplay I just got a bugsplat :\

side note, after saying Voli is teh sux I was dumb enough to play him in a normal and went 12/1/11... freaking normals making me feel good -_-

Player-3

Smash Hero
i play both malz too :(

ad malz bot lane with blitzcrank or leona is funny

also master yi/soraka lane is best lane

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I just picked up tf, is their a better build than 2 rings death cap and lichbane?

:phone:

Player-3

Smash Hero
the best tf build of all time ever and always

kages

philo

dfg

shurelyas

swiftness boots

deathcap lichbane

bassem6

Smash Lord
I get dfg on every ap

Just cause its a 5th spell

Except long range pokers :|
not a good policy to have on sustained damage ap casters like cass,karth,anivia,ryze,swain. Other items like ROA/rabadons always better to have on those d00ds

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
not a good policy to have on sustained damage ap casters like cass,karth,anivia,ryze,swain. Other items like ROA/rabadons always better to have on those d00ds
All dem folks need mana first. Err I don't rush dfg on everyone, at the least though i get lucky pick first if i'm not getting a chalice. Then i go dcap/stuff get dfg 4th or 5th.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I've been getting mana back from hitting things with a hammer since Diablo 2 btw

obviously it's because of mana leech

MrEh

Smash Hero
Why is volibear bad exactly? I see him tapping on high elo streams all the time.
People use all sorts of stupid picks at high ELO.

Low ELO: Full of trolls

Mid ELO: Full of tryhards (and trolls)

High Elo: Full of trolls

Volibear's kit is super messy and doesn't particularly scale well with...anything. His Q and W deal Physical damage, yet they do not scale with AD. That makes itemizing him as a bruiser extremely difficult. His cooldowns are so long that not even Trinity Force can make it work. Not to mention that if you decide to build him as AP, you are useless because AP Volibear has crap AP ratios. Also, he has one of the most insignificant ults ever. It should honestly be a toggle to give Volibear a purpose.

Everyone ALWAYS has to deal with your trollish picks
Look dude, if I wanna use AP Twitch, that's my business. lol

Top Bottom