• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wit's, BT, Wriggles for tough lanes, some D Blades, Whisper early for armor rushers, BC. If you are making a ridiculous amount of money you could get a BloodRazor if you wanted. Basically anything with onhits, but BT, Wit's, GA are pretty core

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
i mean there used to be a baron code error where baron would basically go super sayian and attack at like 2.000 attack speed
LOL glad i missed that
This was also when Baron could still crit you. There were literally times I would see someone attack baron, he crits them, poison blah blah falls down, they get knocked up, crit again, they tried to run and baron kills them lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If something like that happens to me, whether or not im the one who died or survived, I usually say something to the general context of: 'lol' in all chat.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Not having 6 out of your first 8 placement matches with an afk on your team generally helps you get to higher elos faster :p
Or do what I did. I used Twitch during all of my placement matches.

Exited my placement matches at 1450 ELO. Good times.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Wit's, BT, Wriggles for tough lanes, some D Blades, Whisper early for armor rushers, BC. If you are making a ridiculous amount of money you could get a BloodRazor if you wanted. Basically anything with onhits, but BT, Wit's, GA are pretty core
I prefer to focus on abusing Fiora's amazing steroids than her ult. It's a crit-centric tanky dps build that abuses her abilty to instagib the carry without completely relying on the ult.

Wit's End rush is a given, especially since it gives her ult 210 more damage. I usually pick up a couple Dorans along the way.

Final build is almost always Wit's, Frozen Mallet, Atma's, Guardian Angel, Infinity Edge, Mercs.

:phone:

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Mallet is really solid on essentially every melee brusier in the game. Bulk and sticking power? In there.

There's really no way to nerf it either.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Just don't jungle Fiora, amirite?
Why are there so many people in here that play Fiora o_o
Maybe I'll play her some more (with these builds in mind) next time I have to go top lane. One strong point is that she's absurdly easy to last hit with.

edit: what runes do you use on her top lane? Maybe full armor pen reds/quints, since she already has AD and AS steroids?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol I play Fiora. I dont really play Top lane much in general honestly though, usually just Bot, both adc and support, and Jungle.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I only have two words for the game that just happened. Well, three.

Jungle Cait carried.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Been playing smurfs lately to get Medieval Twitch.... and while on the smurfs I've been playing Kass.
He's so damn fun, if only his lane phase wasn't so damn weak...

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Just don't jungle Fiora, amirite?
Why are there so many people in here that play Fiora o_o
Maybe I'll play her some more (with these builds in mind) next time I have to go top lane. One strong point is that she's absurdly easy to last hit with.

edit: what runes do you use on her top lane? Maybe full armor pen reds/quints, since she already has AD and AS steroids?
I want you to take another look at Fiora's in-game model. Now look at her donk. That's why I use her.

I like flat AD reds and Quints because Q and ult have good scaling though idk if that logic is optimal. 21/9/0 is obvious. Get that one point in reduced minion damage so that you can be as aggressive as possible at level 2. That's when you have the most control in the lane.

Can I get some Malzahar advice? I want some advice for the role Malzahar was meant for: AD Carry.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I want you to take another look at Fiora's in-game model. Now look at her donk. That's why I use her.
I see. Whenever I play her I inevitably end up typing her quotes in allchat because her accent is too good.

I like flat AD reds and Quints because Q has 1.2 scaling though idk if that logic is optimal. 21/9/0 is obvious. Get that one point in reduced minion damage so that you can be as aggressive as possible at level 2. That's when you have the most control in the lane.
I just realized I don't know what abilities you'd have at level 2. I don't even know what Fiora should max first O_O
I would think E, but it also might be W because of that AD bonus.

I imagine there are AD Malzahar guides for Dominion because apparently he's super strong bot lane there. Otherwise, just play him like you would regularly, except with extra special attention on your badass voidlings.
Most important thing to remember about AD Malz is that if you cast a spell that summons a voidling, you have to wait approximately a second before your next spell can increase the voidling counter. So if you summon a voidling with Q, and then immediately cast W+E right after, you won't gain any charges. I dunno why this is.

speaking of malz: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=30536141#30536141 !!!!!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I know i risk having to either back soon or have less ward coverage, but its not like I have to ward wraiths and stuff at level 1 cause this is solo q

The key point is low elo and solo q

I find boots on pokers very well worth it and perfect counter to boot starting kill lanes like blitzcrank/Leona/alistar. Course i run movement speed quints on my supports and 1/15/14 so i'm cruising at 383 movement speed at the minimum (300 base speed champs)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Boots on support taric seem kinda natural to me.
You're melee, you're tankier than the other supports (especially early) and you need to get close to ranged characters to do anything.

Some times it can be the difference between your lane being snowballed or not, as boots may be the reason you survive a gank or a bad trade.

Also I think I came out of placement matches at around 1500 this season. But it still made it a strenuous task to try to get much higher.

Also is there anyone here with a relative amount of 3s experience who wants to help me push a team over the line for plat? We've got like 4-5 teams at 1500ish elo but struggle to get us all together at once to push through to 1650.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Can I get some Malzahar advice? I want some advice for the role Malzahar was meant for: AD Carry.
Start boots 3pots, rush a Tear so you can spam spells for minions, then grab a Brutalizer getting a DBlade or two if you can. After that, grab your lv2 boots, usually you want Merc Treads, then finish your Tear into a Manamune and from there just build against your opponents and get AD, CDR, etc (Maw is pretty good on him). It sounds weird, but AD Malz doesnt work like other AD Carries because your attacks arent even the main source of damage and your voildings only scale off Armor Pen and Attack Damage, so Attack Speed, Crit, and those type of items are pretty useless. And max your E first as it is the spell that you use to control your voidlings.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@Fiora Discussion

hmmm I've definitely been building
boots+pots -> doran blade -> Executioners Calling -> IE -> Phage -> BC or Defensive Item

definitely like 8-1 with Fiora right now

and the 1 game I got camped by Lee Sin Jungle top against Darius. lol

the few times I do have to build MR though I usually get Maw but maybe I should get that Wit's

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
@Thirst: Why executioner's calling?

Also IE rush feels like you'd be super weak during laning, do you grab a Vamp Scepter at any point? Which matchups seem to give you trouble with this build?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I wouldn't do IE either, although she does get AS scaling and free AD. Pure AA wise, she scales well with IE, but it would not have synergy with her Ult. She'd also be squishy as balls. I don't play Fiora I don't like her and I hope people do more Jax or something fun top.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@Thirst: Why executioner's calling?

Also IE rush feels like you'd be super weak during laning, do you grab a Vamp Scepter at any point? Which matchups seem to give you trouble with this build?
well tbh I have lifesteal quints because I wanted to try them out. thats like the only reason I usually don't build an extra vamp scepter after EC because EC + doran + quints + Mastery give me a pretty hefty amount of life steal as is. The EC is just my go to at first unless someone has really high armor then I'll get Brutalizer + vamp scepter. I think the whole thing about EC to IE is for crit. crit + E seemed like a good combo to me. but you guys are right, I could probably get a Bloodthirster and sustain a lot better. I'll try it when I get home today.

also I'm pretty sure that build I'm using is a snowball type build anyway seeing as Fiora kinda feels like she either wins hard or becomes irrelevant

and I haven't ran into a matchup that gave me trouble so far outside of Pantheon, I'd imagine Olaf could be a problem too though. I don't think you can W his reckless swing.

I wouldn't do IE either, although she does get AS scaling and free AD. Pure AA wise, she scales well with IE, but it would not have synergy with her Ult. She'd also be squishy as balls. I don't play Fiora I don't like her and I hope people do more Jax or something fun top.
Jax

Fun

LOL

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Fiora is honestly a walking ultimate for most of the game. Trying to play her as anything else until super super late game tends to not work. Executioner's is a giant waste of money on her.

Top Bottom