• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Her old voice was just Riven's but happier. I'm pretty sure it was the same Voice Actor, Christina Vee.

None of this is true at all. I went on the PBE a few minutes ago and tested it. Her wording on Q got changed, but it still acts like a knock-up, even though it stuns you as well. Visually, it's a knock up. But it acts as a stun because of the duration. Her ult is exactly the same, it still knocks up. The hit detection on it was improved. Her voice is also pretty unchanged.

Double CC on a support is not unheard of, not even hard CC on a non-ultimate move. Janna, Taric, and Blitz come to mind immediately.
There has been some massive trolling going on in the PBE forums

Oro?!

Smash Hero
It's a good idea not to compare Zyra to anyone considering she's just unbalanced atm.
Even if it was just the CC, her kit would be broke man. Even with **** ratios and low bases, she would still be really good. It's probably either make her useless in every role, or change her kit if there is any hope to balancing her.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
alternately, there's this whole design paradigm within MOBAs where you can change whether a character is a carry or a support by shifting their damage from the ability bases into the scaling, such that the character will still be powerful as a carry with farm, but will not be able to output the same level of damage as a support without farm.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
yea but Zyra will 100-0 (or burn opponent's flash to avoid the knock up which just means next ult kills) the moment she hits level 6 in laning phase assuming its going even so her bases are ridiculously high as well.

Okuser

Smash Ace
the fact that zyra is so powerful as a support right now while not even having that great of a support kit says a lot.

remove her E from the game or remove her, I don't care.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Looking at her, I think the only reason people prefer her support over AP is because of her movement speed. She's seemingly an unholy terror in lane but her roaming is.... not the best. I figure that TF would be one of the few characters that can take advantage of that in a neutral situation (long ranged strong waveclearing combined with super roaming) but if you don't do well in lane then it's difficult to help prevent your opponent for snowballing other lanes. Also, if your other lanes are feeding, it's really difficult to do something about it.

Supports on the other hand, arent anywhere near as concerned with roaming unless their lane does really well or really poorly, and her high base damage gives her great laning power, while her ult means she'll remain useful all game.

Vyke

Smash Champion
People don't prefer Orianna as a support because of her movement speed. o_O

Zyra just broke mang. MULTI-SNARE

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
And Kat

And Fizz

And Kass

And gap closing mids in general

she's strong, but she's got a clear weakness
Having clear counterplay in her design doesn't mean that she loses to champions that can exploit that because there can be clear counterplay in their designs that she might be more adept at exploiting.

This is especially true of melee champs, because they're forced to go into the center of her effective range to farm so she tends to just dump on them. Less true of kat cause she has a reliable free farming tool, but still. Also getting in range to jump on her usually requires a gapcloser at least.

Don't bother with kassadin lol, honestly it seems like most ranged AP can dump on him by just running AD runes and pushing him out of lane.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So Rengar's on sale, kind of want to pick him up. However, I generally like to play toplanes that scale well into lategame (Irelia), and I'm not so sure about Rengar in that area. I know he does well in lane, but how about after that?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Fizz and Ahri can potentially kill her doing the same thing. If she commits to a snare and your in a good point to pole dance or spirit rush to her while also dodging her snare.

Ahri and Kat are probs better than fizz and Kass in that regulars because like Adumb said they don't need to walk into her range to farm if they wanna play safe.

:phone:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Fizz and Ahri can potentially kill her doing the same thing. If she commits to a snare and your in a good point to pole dance or spirit rush to her while also dodging her snare.

Ahri and Kat are probs better than fizz and Kass in that regulars because like Adumb said they don't need to walk into her range to farm if they wanna play safe.

Yea, but she doesn't have to really commit to a snare, it's 1100 range man. Just drop drop a snare and put a seedling or 2 in it's path. if you get it, combo off it, if not, the plant is probably getting some free damage off.

Her zoning really is super safe.

D

Deleted member

man, not sure if I want to buy champs or save up to get all the AP carry runes

D

Deleted member

which ones should I get first? right now I have 0 magic related runes (minus flat/scaling MR glyphs ofc)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Buy magic pen reds, no questions asked.
For yellows, you might already have flat armor, health/level, or mana regen. Any of those, or a combination, is fine.
For blues, you probably already have flat MR? If not, get it, or ap/level is my preferred choice for facestomping mid.
quints, flat ap or movespeed are usually best.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yea, but she doesn't have to really commit to a snare, it's 1100 range man. Just drop drop a snare and put a seedling or 2 in it's path. if you get it, combo off it, if not, the plant is probably getting some free damage off.

Her zoning really is super safe.
If she wants to stay that far away I'll gladly take the free farm.

Being I do underrate her a lot, and that is more so me playing a lot of characters that do well against her.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You misunderstand. Her effective pressure range is GINORMOUS, so she can easily fish for roots, and if she lands them, combo you. Of course she can pretty much make you take a chunk of damage from plants whenever because their effective range is even larger then grasping roots, they prioritze champs, and they're targeted.

See the issue? You're not free-farming if you're at that range, her effective range is just that high and her advantage for you getting closer is primarily more reliable hard CC.

Being I do underrate her a lot, and that is more so me playing a lot of characters that do well against her really bad zyras.
Fixed

Lovage

Smash Hero
most important AP runes: mag pen reds, movespeed quints, flat AP quints, flat MR blues, and then scaling AP/level yellows/blues

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord

Being I do underrate her a lot, and that is more so me playing a lot of characters that do well against her.
Zyra can be at 1000 units away and still have you well within her zone of control. That's the issue.
You have a long ranged mage with reliable cc, damage independent of her position, cc that comes out on a delay from said independent damage positions, the ability to control multiple zones at the same time, relatively no risk to commit to a fight, AOE burst, target isolation, and an AOE CC ultimate that causes even more damage from her zoning tools that are once again dealing damage with no risk to her.
Oh and you really can't be denied farm, ever.
Or atleast that's how it feels to me as a Zyra player. You might just be playing bad Zyras.
(wow I ****ed up the formatting on this)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Also all you have to do with Zyra is right click opponents when your plants are up and they target them.

You don't even have to land an auto.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Zyra 2 gud

But not as good as Garfield 2: A tale of 2 kitties

Been having fun as nunu and j4 jungle, fun fun

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I just don't feel like I'm helpless against Zyra, as Ahri or even Leblanc I just like like whatevs and farm and fry and aim for a bait or commitment then try and go in.

If she plays passive as balls and I'm Ahri I just roam. Maybe I have played nothing but bad Zyras in mid.

Though support Zyra I find a lot more frustrating.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
First ranked game of the season... Xin jungle, end up stomping all over their team.
WHEN SUDDENLY 1400 PING SPIKES, AND OUR TOP LANER DCS FOR THE REST OF THE GAME!
And then we win 4v5 even after enemy team gets baron.
Time to not play ranked for a long time so I can keep 100% winrate :3

Xin Zhao? Moar like Win Now, M I RITE!?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Special occasion, first ranked of the season. Lag doesn't amuse me though. If my top laner actually did DC, that was 3 people on my team last game who had lag problems. My mid almost died to turret because of lag, my top DCed and never came back, and I had to afk farm jungle for a couple minutes because I was getting insane ping. :confused:

Top Bottom