• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He's still a strong pick, both as AD and AP... another strange character to have dropped off the map. I also don't know why we don't see Yorick anymore.

:phone:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Isn't Yorick actually better season 3 thanks to buffs to Manamune, Spirit Visage, and Warmog's?

Tmacc

Smash Lord
That's what I was thinking about Yorick...which is why I wasn't sure why you don't see him anymore, other than the nerfs to his E...welp, I'm a bring him back.

Also, I don't feel like Vlad is as strong anymore top. At least I personally haven't had as much success with him, and he used to be one of my better champions...I just feel like he gets countered pretty easily, and the only way to pick him is with an appropriate team comp (aoe I guess?), and as a last pick.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Vlad always had some counters that were pretty popular. Namely Irelia and Jayce. After nerfs to wota and his mid game (E nerfs some while ago), as well as some newer top lane bullies like Elise coming out, Vlad is definitely more situational. Vlad is more suitable mid now than a lot of the squishy APs, but he def has counters there still as well. Vlad vs Malzahar is one of the worst experiences I have ever felt back when Vlad was even better, and before the most recent Eve nerf, that felt basically unwinnable in lane.

Vlad still really really good and late game 6 items he is one of the best characters in the game imooooo.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
yorick still feels really good. i played him last week going muramana/locket/fh/spirit visage and was almost unkillable while hitting hard as hell

Player-3

Smash Hero
yorick fell out of flavor because of all the potion stacking his lane phase wasnt as trololol as before

still gud tho

X1-12

Smash Champion
Probably something you get scrubs asking a lot, but what am I meant to do vs Akali in lane? I counterpicked Kayle and got first blood at lvl 2.. but then at 6 she just burst me down super fast, even using my ulti.. She only had Sorc shoes I had longsword+berserks

Tmacc

Smash Lord
P3 lucky I carried him this morning. Feeder just fed kennEn top while I had to 1v4 them at dragon.

Also nami vayne is a strong lane.
Is Nami actually good now? I've never played with or against one that seemed to do well...she's always seemed meh, but anything that can help Vayne in lane is something I like to hear, as she's the only ad I enjoy.

Also, do you guys still do scrims? I've never really participated before, but I'm ready to get out of the 1400-1500 range, especially after those games were I duo'd with my 2.1k friend a couple times and did well against 1900 tops. I think scrims would be a great way to learn and get better.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Probably something you get scrubs asking a lot, but what am I meant to do vs Akali in lane? I counterpicked Kayle and got first blood at lvl 2.. but then at 6 she just burst me down super fast, even using my ulti.. She only had Sorc shoes I had longsword+berserks
I don't know for sure, but I would assume Kayle vs Akali is not very good for Kayle. She just has a better level 6, and Kayle is bad at peeling her off. She's better at keeping people at range who don't have gap closers.

You need to pick people that beat her, so top people like Garen, Rumble, at least that is who I would play probably. Maybe even Riven.

Mid I don't really know, but I'd say pushers like Morde or Malz or even Diana (maybe) are okay against her. Just push her to tower and do wraiths, Akali is a weak farmer when pushed. You can also out gank her and snowball other lanes if shes always pushed.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No, people think you raging at them is your raging. The problem is you angrily blame/berate people when losses happen instead of calmly explaining what was done wrong, or doing it in the moment the mistake is happening. You are just too competitive for coaching, is all, not that that's a bad thing.

However I think everyone appreciated you setting them up, since it is a hassle.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Vlad will do fine vs elise come mana nerfs. Even now all u have to do is have a bit of pots and spec into util.

Taric+urgot is a dumb lane. That is all.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Tbh taric only strong at low to medium level of play and solo que. Most adc should be able to react to a taric stun and be able to use an escape spell or summonses in response. Also since most adc believe they have to follow up on a taric stun they are willing to put themselves in a disadvantageous position just for one or two hits.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Tbh I think Taric is really strong due to counter engages, providing tankiness against an AD heavy meta for the entire team, and having lane sustain more so than the fact that 1200 ELO graves know how to buckshot ult after a Taric stuns someone.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Well specifically urgot BECAUSE of the tankiness synergy with the damage debuff, homing missiles having ABSURD range and the "hp shield" he has built in for counter aggression.

The synergy is dumb.

Even if the aggression is on the support cuz ur against graves/ez/corki every 10-15 seconds with that much output is a bunch of pressure in lane.

Stun into homing charge into 2-3 homing q is very easy to set up against most supports. And is a ton of damage(particularly if u run arm. pen like a good adc).

And also very safe.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Early game, flat AD.

Late game, ArPen.

I prefer AD, since with regular ArP you'll have to hit mages twice, and under those circumstances that's more free harass for the enemy while you're on turret.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So against a Taric/Graves lane, or a lane you expect to have high armor, go for armor pen? At least, that's what the test seems to suggest.

But yeah, I've been going flat AD since the pen nerfs, and then just getting LW late game. It's worked out better for me, personally (you get 8% pen from masteries anyways, I would think that more than that early game is just a waste).

Dekar173

Justice Man
Test it, go up against someone with your ArP, and they'll have AD. See how well after a few minutes each side does and decide from there.

In my experience, with the ADCs I play I both take the most harass when I'm on turret, and put out the most harass when they're on turret, so intuitively I just assume the less focus I need to put on my creeps on turret the better for me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Not going flat AD as bot ranged carry is REALLY HARD.
Pretty much I don't mind ArPen with a Sona buffing me with q the entire time, janna is so so but kinda workable. But Flat AD is giving you everything more against creeps and towers (pretty much all you focus on early game) than anything else you can grab.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I don't have any issues last hitting as it is.

I like arm. pen more on my main adc(MF,Ezreal,urgot) unless it's agains zyra, lux, morgana, sona, or nami.(in which case i do take flat ad on mf and ezreal but not urgot.)

Arm pen synergizes better with early double up harass and better with urgot in general. I play really aggressive and try to carry the lane with my support instead of relying solely on my support. And the arm pen helps against the more tanky supports that are used more often. It makes a small difference but since it scales better than flat ad i prefer it.

I only tried it after i saw aphromoo go half and half. And i liked it more.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
http://forum.leaguecraft.com/index.php?/topic/39202-flat-ad-runes-vs-armor-pen-runes/
To lazy to type why you're wrong about armor pen vs flat ad runes.
Flat ad runes seem to be better then armor pen runes. While it's out of date they did lower the amount of pentration you receive from runes right? So I guess flat ad is even better now.
Yea but armor-pen now scales better into lategame because flat goes after percent, it used to be that once you hit last whisper your armor pen runes didn't really help damage except at insane amounts of armor, now they're significant lategame.

Player-3

Smash Hero
P3 lucky I carried him this morning. Feeder just fed kennEn top while I had to 1v4 them at dragon.

Also nami vayne is a strong lane.
Also p3 is a feeder in every rank game I get him in and I'm forced to carry beyond all belief.
dphat i'm training you for the solo q terrors

and stop exxagerrating i died twice to him in lane and then took 3 towers and had like 40 cs over him SO SUCK MY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

Top Bottom