• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
if u want to carry just play ryze

braindead op champ
Ya, cause watching your laning opponent push out for free and roam and make plays is def the most op thing ever, especially in solo queue where people of the map awareness of hamsters on speed.

Ryze so overrated in solo queue.

Player-3

Smash Hero
adum that is possibly the dumbest thing ever

who cares if your opponent roams you're ryze with tp just farm and let your other lanes die, buy muramana and oneshot tanks

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
adum that is possibly the dumbest thing ever

who cares if your opponent roams you're ryze with tp just farm and let your other lanes die, buy muramana and oneshot tanks
You know what, this always seems to happen with ryze. People are like "omg ryze so OP" for a few weeks or a month, then everyone plays him. Then they get pushed into tower and denied cs (especially true now that seige minions are much higher a percentage of the gold you get from minions and towers do ridic damage to seige minions). At the same time your opponent gets to make plays and super snowball the other two lanes, this is especially true now that the meta is even more roaming heavy. Then when your opponent comes back they get to destroy you 1v1. Oh ya, don't forget you're gonna lose your tower extremely fast, and having a free midlane to roam means the other lanes will too. When people see the constantly lose with ryze, the forget about him, at least until the next "ryze op" cycle.

Sure, if you get to 46 minutes ryze is gonna be an absolute beast and hardcarry the game, but unlike anivia ryze doesn't exactly have good tools to make that happen, he requires his team to be able to alleviate pressure.

Remember, ultimately league is about killing structures, ryze horribly disadvantages you in general map control for the vast majority of the game because your opponents will be able to take towers and objectives while you're pushed in. He's a great teamfighter assuming it gets late enough, but he needs a team that can take the pressure off him so he can farm and become a beast and frankly, you're not gonna see that in solo queue.

Niko45

Smash Master
It doesn't take nearly that long for Ryze to become powerful anymore. He's just way way better way earlier in season 3, while having an even better late game than he did in season 2 with muramana's introduction.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I feel like Nasus carries pretty well, but my experience on the matter is limited.

Guess I'll be trying Ryze since he's free?
More like you'll be buying Ryze since he's only 450 ip. You should buy all the 450 champs (except Poppy unless you're hipster like Espy)

Adum don't forget that Ryzes ult lets him waveclear really fast and it's on a super low cooldown. Most champs don't roam much before level 6 anyway, so it's not much of a problem.
Also yeah, early game Ryze does surprising damage with nothing but a Tear/Catalyst or whatever. I'd totally play him if he wasn't uninteresting as hell. Diana is a lot more fun, it's pretty amazing how well her kit synergizes with itself.

Niko45

Smash Master
If we're gonna complain about somebody with **** waveclear lets talk Swain. Riot needs to give that guy's ult more dmg to minions or something cuz this guy can be level 13 with no waveclear LOL. <3 Swain, why u so flawed.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Adumb your like theory on ryze is horrible flawed, ryze farms quite well under tower, also by going muramana ryze auto attack does like 200+ to towers mid game. Anyways most ryze go muramana to frozen gauntlet making his auto do like 300+ to towers. Also most ryze go teleport over ignite so he has no issue roaming.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
hmm, I still need t get used to buying the right gear for characters(haven't gotten used to that yet), and see how each character approaches the field of battle differently. guess I'llhave to watch some youtube tuts.

on a more positive note, I have more champs now-Ashe, Garen, Alastor, Annie and Tristy. so just some basic ones....still no Rumble yet(and I think I might get RYZE next, but since he's free this week......eh.)

needless to say,I'm liking this game so far, just need to learn how to play more offensive/strategically on the field.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Dominion > SR

I wish more people played draft though. Not being able to ban Kassadin or 5 hour queue times. :(
I dunno, I loved Arathi Basin in WoW, and Dominion is essentially the same thing in moba fashion, but it's just not nearly as fun. I only do it when I want to grind IP or fool around with different champions.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well, remember at the beginning of season 2 when riot killed jungling?
Well, riot have said multiple times that they wanted to kill ranged ads this season.

Basically only support (making da plays)/top/mid is even possible these days to carry with.

I genuinely find it dumb how over the top fragile characters are now and there isn't really any way around that, and nearly every team can run 5 aoe cc 1000+ range blink champion comps. It's really... sad... to me that the "Always viable Ashe" is so HORRIBLE these days, a late game ashe was once a gg. Every new character invalidates another (or multiple) older champs by virtue of just being more diverse and achieving the same as others (if not doing it better,). I kinda wish you could play within a certain sect of champion releases and keep the new guys to their own little worlds (call it League 2.0), as to me there hasn't really been anything new in terms of metagame enhancing (in comparison to the more common centralising affects they have) champion releases... for a longggggg time. I remember when Irelia was coming out and being heralded as a character developed with the ideal of countering aoe ult meta (she wasn't seen as viable even then though) but it made sense.

I'm not saying new champions aren't fun/cool/interesting, but are they more flashy toys rather than actually healthy additions competitively?
If people worked harder on peeling for your carry, I think characters like Ashe and Kog would perform better. People in solo quere don't seem to do this much if at all.

Supports with more peeling power can also help, getting Lulu, Janna, Thresh, Leona, etc might help carries like that not die to dive comps. Or maybe even comps that focus on counter initiating.

Had a ranked game with Katrina, Vi, and Jarvan on the opposing team. As Leona I pretty much just sat right by Vayne and CC'd people that got near her. Or stopping a Kat Ult. When others did the same we actually performed a lot better.

Still I see your point, and kinda agree.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
played 2 ranked for the first time in 2 days

11-4-10 nunu
14-1-7 ez

looks like i just need to not overload on ranked in a short amount of time

Niko45

Smash Master
Dang man, was one game away from being Gold 1, lost that, lost another promo series for it, went on tilt and dropped a whole division. You're so right JTB :(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Why would they hurt Khazix? He builds armor pen doesn't he?
And who cares about Ryze. Muramana should have done physical damage from the beginning. He should be getting Seraphs anyway, didn't you guys listen to Toys jeez

bassem6

Smash Lord
Dat feel when you win a game after your mid was dc'd for the first 6 or 7 minutes of it...its a good feel.

Dekar173

Justice Man

I'm enjoying every post so far.
Dphat, maybe I'll take you up on that offer some other time. I really need someone telling me how much crap my decisions are.
Not sarcasm either. Sometimes I'm not sure whether it's better to siege towers or split push or whatever. It's confusing at times.

:applejack:
Yo **** that noise Espy the only time I ever played with you I explained how horrible half your decisions were and you just sat there, thought about mlp, smiled, probably fapped then said you don't care about doing well in League.

All of my hatred.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So Riot dropped the bomb,

First off, you’ve deserved a response to this thread for a long time, and I’m sorry we haven’t been able to give you one until now. We’ve been well aware of how the Dominion and TT communities have felt left behind and ignored, but we wanted to make sure we had a plan that we were confident in and committed to before commenting, because we don’t want to make any more empty promises.

Dominion’s fun (it’s fast). So is Twisted Treeline. But they both share one key problem – League of Legends is competitively balanced for Classic gameplay on Summoner’s Rift. Our original goal was to create rulesets that would result in balanced experiences across all game modes with the same champion stats. We’ve experimented with itemization, game pacing, map features, and other design elements. While we’ve had limited success here, there’s still room for improvement, so we’re going to take the plunge: in the near future™, we’re going to be implementing map-specific balance changes for individual champions.

This is going to take a few patches to implement, but we’re actively working on the tech, and we’re already got a bunch of specific balance changes in mind that we’re iterating on. We’re sure there will be lots of questions regarding the initiative, so we’ll announce more specifics when the time comes. I’ll actually be joining the live design team to head up map-specific balance for TT and Dominion. Remember that this is just the foundation for support - we’ve got some other tentative plans that we’re exploring to enhance both maps farther down the li
Thoughts?

Life

Smash Hero
I'm a little iffy on that one, because consistency is important: it doesn't really make sense to have X be able to burst down Y given Z itemization on one map but not another.

That said, Riot's been pretty decent about balance for as long as I've been paying attention (not long mind you), so I think they might be able to pull it off.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Making dominion (and TT..?) specific balance changes sounds like a lot of work for riot.

Top Bottom