• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Speaking of Rammus, apparently there's a guy in Challenger who plays Rammus top all the time and wrecks with him. I forgot his name :[ but I'm curious to see how it works, I remember wanting to do Rammus top but he didn't have the stats for it or something, and eveyrone said it would be a bad idea. I think this was in S2 though.
Now Shyvana top, that is something I can see working very well (mostly against melee tops) and I've been practicing it. She has a reasonably good early game, with no resources and good pushing/dueling/towerkilling ability, and her lategame tankiness/damage are through the roof when she gets items.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
thats' probably teddyRO. Only person i've seen consistently do rammus top.

shyv top pushes.

....and that's it.

She does do good dmg with the farm u get from top as long u don't get denied.

Ur other teammates better be bringing the cc though :x

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Doesn't Shyvana do waaaaay more damage than Renek? Seriously people underestimate her damage. I had to build full tank one game and I was still ****ing people up.

Coney

Smash Master
renekton is at least lizard the entire game

shyvana is only a dragon for maybe half the game

idk its up in the air

Niko45

Smash Master
Curious question I've wanted to ask the high level players here for a while. For a scrub a dub trying to improve. As someone playing solo lanes or adc (loljunglesupportno) how would you prioritize the following things in terms of winning games?

Objectives
CS
Not Dying
Killing People

I'm trying to re-evaluate my approach to the game to make sure my actions in game are the most efficient for winning. Obviously this is very general and specific situations are specific but I'm interested to know what yall think.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
As a support/jungle main, I feel like the most important things for laners to focus on is cs, not dying, and objectives. its normally much safer to just farm and try to get kills with ganks/counterganks. If you're completely snowballing your lane because of a favorable matchup or the other laner is an idiot, getting kills cant hurt. I prefer for laners to just focus on farm and start making plays mid game.

Unless of course you're playing a character that is a lane bully or roams incredibly well.

I forgot exactly how much farm each kill is worth, but i always go by the rule of thumb that if I miss 3 or more waves getting a kill its not worth it.

Coney

Smash Master
depends

(this is from the perspective of a solo lane player, i play both top and mid but imagine for ADC the answer would ALWAYS be CS )

in normal solo q (bronze > mid-platinum or so i guess):
killing > objectives > cs > not dying

people are mechanically poor and miss tons of ****...if you belong higher, you should be able to exploit it and dominate your lane

in high level solo q (everything higher):
cs > objectives > not dying > killing

this is because it's more difficult to coordinate with people and the lack of immediate communication creates awkward situations (o btw i know we're doing drag right now but my smite is down for 20s lmao)

5s play:
objectives > cs > not dying > killing

global gold and map control is huge, and you can easily coordinate **** with your team

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I actually, disagree, I think the most important thing is to not die. After that, CS/Objectives >>> Killing people. Kills are overrated.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
this is because it's more difficult to coordinate with people and the lack of immediate communication creates awkward situations (o btw i know we're doing drag right now but my smite is down for 20s lmao)
Junglers who blow their smite on something stupid like wraiths when buffs/drag are about to be up/are up are seriously the worst thing ever.

Kill most of enemy team right outside of dragon pit. The fight alone has secured gold advantage in what's been an even game. Free dragon, sure to allow us to press our new advantage fully! Oh wait... Jungler wasted smite and here comes the enemy Jarvan to take it for free. Yeah, sure glad we put them right back in the game. Far too common in my games.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
if you're team is doing something stupid don't help them.
disagree, if your team wants to be ******** and contest an otherwise uncontestable baron, why let them do it 4vs5? might as well help and make it a 5vs5 if they'd be able to end after acing your team anyway

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
disagree, if your team wants to be ******** and contest an otherwise uncontestable baron, why let them do it 4vs5? might as well help and make it a 5vs5 if they'd be able to end after acing your team anyway
And feed the enemy team more? Yeah I'll pass.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If my team is going to do something that obviously isn't going to work like contesting Baron, I feel like the least I can do is super push bot. At least get my team some global gold and map control.

Niko45

Smash Master
As a support/jungle main, I feel like the most important things for laners to focus on is cs, not dying, and objectives. its normally much safer to just farm and try to get kills with ganks/counterganks. If you're completely snowballing your lane because of a favorable matchup or the other laner is an idiot, getting kills cant hurt. I prefer for laners to just focus on farm and start making plays mid game.

Unless of course you're playing a character that is a lane bully or roams incredibly well.

I forgot exactly how much farm each kill is worth, but i always go by the rule of thumb that if I miss 3 or more waves getting a kill its not worth it.

Yea, this to me is what I've been sensing recently. For a long time I felt like I was in bad elo so I should be killing this baddie across from me, so I'm playing super aggressive and, at times, yea, getting kills, but at other times getting ganked or just pushing to tower and not really accomplishing much. Universally no matter how well or disastrous this was working my cs was suffering because I was so focused on trying to get kills or just make plays in general. Recently I've just been letting people push lane, getting ganks for free, farming up and not trying to do too much and I feel like my results are getting way more consistent/better.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I always try to just do the safe thing and get CS. The problem is that most people around me don't really understand that concept.
Too many players in my elo make dumb plays like super early dives, or dragons with no vision and the blame usually will come back to me because I'm just CSing rather than dying with them. Like, jungler comes to gank level 3 with double buff, and forces both summoners from the enemy AD, and then proceeds to dive while I go back to CS. Two tower shots later they are dead, typing in all chat WTF ASHE GG because I legitimately don't think they understand that blowing both of their summoners and sending them back to base to miss out on CS and exp is a SUPER successful gank and gives me a huge lead without putting yourself in risk. Or the no vision dragons that end up in a 2v5 between our mid and jungle and the other team with GG ASHE DOESN'T COME TO FIGHT. It's just... sad.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Here's dphat solo que advice.
Have fun.
Play smart.
Focus on your lane and solidify your mechanics.
If you think you're better then what your Elo shows then you will eventually climb, solo que is a coin flip since league match making is so accurate having above a 51% win rate is an accomplishment. Also don't give up, I've seen to many comebacks happen in solo que. Another rule of thumb if getting an objective will lead to 3 deaths on your side you better off not doing it.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm currently unranked, how do I know if I'm ready to go to ranked
1. you have a positive w/l ratio in normals
2. you don't usually feed uncontrollably (10+ deaths) (ps. I still do this occasionally when I lose my lane spectacularly as Feedora)
3. you can play every role competently (don't be that guy who can only play top or mid)

Player-3

Smash Hero
like, are you guys all ********

if you want to win solo q you can't play like a ***** and not die that requires you to be able to rely on your team, the most important thing in solo q is to go ****ing HAM make MAD BANK AND THEN KILL EVERYTHING BY YOURSELF

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
1. you have a positive w/l ratio in normals
2. you don't usually feed uncontrollably (10+ deaths) (ps. I still do this occasionally when I lose my lane spectacularly as Feedora)
3. you can play every role competently (don't be that guy who can only play top or mid)
4. You know what every champion does, what their abilities are etc. Also have a general idea of cooldowns of their important spells.
5. You find yourself judging situations well, ex. knowing when you can win trades/all-ins in lane, being able to predict the outcome of teamfights
6. You find yourself knowing WHAT to do and WHEN to do it. If you're making calls in normals that help you win games or win objectives then you probably have sufficient game knowledge.

Also mechanics and stuff.

btw Bounce House

Coney

Smash Master
like, are you guys all ********

if you want to win solo q you can't play like a ***** and not die that requires you to be able to rely on your team, the most important thing in solo q is to go ****ing HAM make MAD BANK AND THEN KILL EVERYTHING BY YOURSELF

yeah this is actually 900% true

just not dying isnt enough, if u do that then ur basically just hoping something nice will happen to u, this is the key to hitting diamond in like 900 games or some **** with that weak-ass 50.1% ratio

that's fine and all in 5s but in solo u dont climb by stalemating with your opponent, you rise by surpassing them

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Going ham is the only way to get elo and better

Plus its more fun than playing like a *****

Player-3

Smash Hero
all my characters in ranked have ****ty k/d/a but good winrates because i know i can carry harder than the other scrub if i trade kills in a jungle gank or some ****

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i mean it also depends on the matchup. Going ham does not mean doing stupid trades at lvls 1-2.

Just in case some newer ppl start getting that idea from this discussion.

It's knowing the absolute limits u can push your advantage with your champion against theirs provided with sufficient knowledge.

E.G. u started dorans blade and are on blue side. U know u can go super ham on them but do u risk it even though their jungler should be finishing red just about now? Or do u safely harass? etc.etc. knowing when to go ham is just as important as being able to go ham(mechanically).

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
sounds simple to you but there alot of ppl here who don't understand simple concepts like that cuz they're just starting. Just look at the warding differences between elos. You'd think it'd be obvious but...

Niko45

Smash Master
How much exp do kills give compared to waves of cs? You always hear people say 3 waves is a kill in gold, but my guess is that 3 waves is much more exp than a kill, right?

Top Bottom