• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Any support players feel like explaining to me why soraka isn't viable? I understand she doesn't fit into as many comps as someone like Sona or Thresh but with assasins being as popular as they are Soraka just.. makes sense lol

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
because other supports can protect your carry way better

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Soraka protects your carry by throwing a big heal with armor on then as having an aura for MR + a silence. She doesn't really fully CC to protect your carry more give the grand utility others can. Soraka works better in a comp that wants to siege or go for long trading at a distance. Because of Soraka, your team is gonna more likely win the poke war since she will eventually heal the enemy's harass off.

Soraka is better in more situations that aren't a direct team fight, a lot of supports are better in team fights. But Soraka still has a strong laning phase and strong in sieges, with or against them.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Soraka loses lane when her adc doesn't abuse infinite mana. Main selling point of Soraka support. That or the best hyper push lane with starcall and infinite mana for your adc to wave clear. Where you draw enemy jungler down but as support you have 5 bajillion wards and your solo laners and jungler have an easy advantage then.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I've only just realized that Fiddles fear doesn't aggro tower (been playing alot of support recently). I mean I know the reason is because is doesnt do any damage.. but am I alone in thinking that's kinda stupid? Is there any other moves like that?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Off the top of my head I know that Trundle draws aggro with his pillar despite not dealing any damage. I know for the longest time his Pillar did 1 true damage, but that was removed after the rework, yet it still draws aggro.

Not sure about Elise and her Cocoon.
Is there any other CC that doesn't deal damage?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
So am I the only one hyped for the s4 changes or what. So many changes that actually look good, including the complete rework of a whole role.

Things like Janna getting an AP ratio on her shield's bonus AD sound very promising.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Hey guys! :I Was scrolling threw the sub-forums and "League of Legends" caught my eye almost immediately. If you guys wanna play some Normals (I can't play ranked yet, I have 13 champs at the moment), add me! :3

LoL Summoner name: Squirvizard

LoL mains: I pretty much main bot lane at the moment. ADC: Ezreal and Graves. Support: I only have Sona at the moment, plan on getting Nami later.

I have other characters though, like a jungler (Nocturne), a top lane (Jax), and a mid lane (I have Ziggs and Heimerdinger, lol. I need better mids). I think I play better bot lane, though.

Also, the season 4 update sounds interesting. Can't wait! :D

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If anything they are all getting buffs because it's easier to deal with pinks and the limit on number of pinks.
At first I thought the sweeper revealed stealthed champs, but it only reveals wards and traps.

john!

Smash Hero
as a guy who just had a game with a last pick lux who thought they were going mid and ended up having to support and rushed mejai's and athene's before getting a single ward, i welcome the ward changes

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
as a guy who recently got forced into support and got raged at by a dumbass mid for "not warding enough" I welcome the ward changes

I already spam wards as mid lane but that doesn't mean other mids do @_@

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The last dozen games of mine have had at least two other lanes in my team feed uncontrollably. Before the laning phase can even break down.
I don't know what the sudden surge of questionable players is all about, but it's starting to get on my nerves.

:applejack:

Top Bottom