• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The AD masteries honestly feel like the easiest thing to mess with. Though now item choices at start can be a tad different since d blade nerf.
Fer some reason I'm not having fun with S4 yet, the ugly bars and trinkets being 4 doesn't help.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I don't remember reading anything about a hard reset. You mean the soft reset like they did from season 2 to season 3? I think the formula they used was (your current mmr elo + 1200)/2.
They do soft resets so bronze players don't have to play diamond players in their placement matches.
Also.. a lot of diamond 5 players have MMR around gold 1 since they can't drop divisions, people should really stop thinking that diamond players are good.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I mean, in the long run, I doubt it matters when you start playing ranked. Starting sooner does give you more time to rank up or recover from a nosedive.
Especially since the game's always getting patched.

Also, what Dphat said. I see a Diamond and I don't get intimidated or anything. Gonna beat that ass just like any other.

:applejack:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well Dphat I could swear I saw a Morello post on S@20 saying they would hard reset for preseason and then soft reset for season 4, but after looking for it I can't seem to find it, so maybe it was just a dream :T

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Also.. a lot of diamond 5 players have MMR around gold 1 since they can't drop divisions, people should really stop thinking that diamond players are good.
A lot of em are boosted, half the time I pop into the /vg/ chat they're discussing how annoying it was boosting X account or whatever. Those boosts are ****ing expensive btw, just silver 1 to gold 5 for example is like $100+ lol

Anyways, if it's like Diamond 4 or 5 I'm not intimidated. But when it comes to mid Diamond 2 or Diamond 1 then I'll be a bit ehhh... at most. Let's be honest here, plat is basically the new gold of this season (or rather last season?). Though oddly enough I never see diamond 3 players now that we're on the subject.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Wes where the **** were you for some of these changes man?! Stop playing melee and balance the game you ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111one

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Utility support just feels totally underwhelming right now...looks like all those low elo support-only bads have completely ruined it for everyone. I'm just gonna go LeBlanc in every lane from now on, dis game suxxx

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If riot's goals were to have support going from like 5% gold to 15-20% then they've over achieved it.
People are obviously still stuck in a s3 metagame mindset, different strats may be more effective, traditional supports may still have an awesome niche.
From what I've seen though, high burst AP casters are the bomb here, for the very same reason why Sona/etc were the bomb in S1/Mid janna/lulu/etc; they scaled too well with gold.

Theorycraftan here, but traditional supports as proper solos (mid) and "kill lanes" elsewhere be looking super effective.
If things don't change though, AD's best lane is also going to end up being mid too.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
utility scaling isn't bad.. but they nerfed their subpar AP ratios even further -____-;;

I think Lulu is actually still good though. Giving your adc an AP ratio auto or getting nashoor's tooth on yourself xD

Utility scaling needs to be on more than just SLOWS.. put utility scaling on HARD CC

Player-3

Smash Hero
traditional supports are still fine if you're running a hypercarry

but if you're running like a varus or ashe or a utility carry theres no need to run a peel/traditional support better off doin the deeps

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
People are telling me Wiggles sucks.

I think it's fineish if people can drag the landing phase out and be ok with little to no ganks.

Razors needs that gold passive though and for wiggles to be a cheaper.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So far preseason 4 patch is great. imo the only fixes that are currently needed are:

Nerf jungle creeps (plus make them give slightly more gold)
Buff supports slightly
Fix unbalanced items (Relic Shield, Wriggles etc)

Next on the to do list:
Nerf Yasuo.

lol @ him having a reworked Vi and Tryndamere passive.

Meanwhile you can buy Fiora's passive for 180 gold.

Dat power creep.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So far preseason 4 patch is great. imo the only fixes that are currently needed are:

Nerf jungle creeps (plus make them give slightly more gold)
Buff supports slightly
Fix unbalanced items (Relic Shield, Wriggles etc)

Next on the to do list:
Nerf Yasuo.

lol @ him having a reworked Vi and Tryndamere passive.

Meanwhile you can buy Fiora's passive for 180 gold.

Dat power creep.
Fiora is a lot newer then even the reworked tryn :p.

I will agree that while power creep exists, it's not as drastic as this would suggest and not every subsequent champ is an example of it going upward.

Plus we don't even know his numbers on the shield (as last I saw), it could be pathetic.

Top Bottom