• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
so can you fall out of diamond now? whats the whole situation with that someoen explain pls
They changed it so you can't keep your rank without playing games and people trolling at the bottom of Diamond and Platnium can't keep their status with **** MMR.

In a nutshell, paying for Diamond isn't going to work anymore.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So I was playing a quick game today and just...omg. This poor Teemo was trying so hard to carry his team. Can't help but feel bad for the guy.

Player-3

Smash Hero
crs strategy was solid with the nunu pick, they just overextended for the inhib and got punished for it hard

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
They lost cause Janna sucks

That and Yasuo pretty much countered their comp. imagine if they had a malphite instead of Renekton.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Janna pick was fine, it was working for them. Just the fight bot lane top inhib tower and then the play the old botlane did ruined them, while zekent started getting too trigger happy with his ults since Shyv was mindgaming them into thinking she was gonna ult.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Janna pick was fine, it was working for them. Just the fight bot lane top inhib tower and then the play the old botlane did ruined them, while zekent started getting too trigger happy with his ults since Shyv was mindgaming them into thinking she was gonna ult.
Thinking about it. Janna would have been fine had he always just gone for a Q to stop shyvana from getting in. And save her ult for when yasuo ulted in after a lulu ult

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The other part about Janna is that giving a Blood Boiled Jinx her shield is kind of absurd pushing power.
Their comp was really good, it's just a comp that can't really make mistakes because it hinges on always being ahead. They got a good early lead, no surprise because that's what the team was designed to do, but the mistakes bot lane costed them their lead. Once CLG was about even with them the fact that Curse was running a double support comp with a Mundo - aka only two real threats on the team - kind of sealed things in CLG's favor.
Things could have been different if they didn't overextend, and ward their flanks.

Niko45

Smash Master
Meh, I think Rammus sucks too, but it's very relative, cause jungle is honestly the MOST power creeped position and 3-4 junglers are just obnoxiously stronger than all the other ones.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Nunu very good if you plan on controlling buffs and objectives. I wish Joe would play nunu and become my blood boil ***** but if that ever happened he would just complain the entire time.
The reason he isn't in favor anymore is because of the nerfs to early objectives (ie dragon and outer turrets).

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
There has been Khazix, pantheon, and wukong jungle frequently too in the LCS

Also Gragas for mindgames and Fiddles used twice.. Shyvana and Mundo were seen in the jungle a few times too.

Vi, Elise, and Lee Sin are just strong due to their kits bringing damage early game but being able to transition into a supportish tank end game. Elise and Lee Sin are always picked for their early game and cause junglers aren't allowed to farm at a competitive level which limits jungler choice due to the aforementioned champs being the best early game junglers

john!

Smash Hero
eve jungle is still good in solo q. season 4 made her kind of a beast.

i think udyr is underrated and play him a lot but maybe that's just me. i also just had an 11 win streak ruined by a diamond udyr on the other team soooo... kinda salty lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Anywhere in which you've gained control that is typically ward heavy or is a path towards a major objective.
Add onto that, a place in which you won't lose said control after 10 seconds.

I've seen soooo many players pink ward something only to back off because the enemy is coming, and lose that pink. It's such a waste. :applejack:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If you're in midlane, pink warding the mini bushes on both sides I've found to work pretty well to see if Eve is near or not from the river sides.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah i've found that the brush near red and near the top/bot 2nd tower typically lasts along time, any other sweet spots like that?

Pinking areas that youve gained control is pretty sick, its too bad i can only buy 1 and cant get my teammates in soloq to buy them haha

Niko45

Smash Master
Damn man, Vlad is still absolute money for me. I feel like this champ is really underrated right now, thriving in tank top meta.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Damn man, Vlad is still absolute money for me. I feel like this champ is really underrated right now, thriving in tank top meta.
He really doesn't lose to that many people top. With current masteries/doran's shield its way too easy to be a little turtley and also rely a lot more on using E, which no character in the game bar Kayle really has a similar DPS answer to early game. I'm usually sitting around 2-3 stacks of E by level 3 the entire laning phase, glorious. Mundo is my *****.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I think Eve's biggest weakness is that she loses most 2v2s and has a hard time recovering if she falls behind. I feel that the best way to counter her would be to pick a strong duelist, and then just camp your lanes that are pushing so you can countergank her inevitable gank.

I'm surprised that she gets used but Shaco doesn't. They're pretty similar in that they're both squishy assassins who are really snowbally both ways. Eve has better up-front burst and probably has a better clear, but Shaco is a better duelist and has better objective control.

Top Bottom