• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If you lose 3 times in a row, stop.

Also, no matter if you win or lose a ranked game, take a break between games. :applejack:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So I won a game cause the enemy team tried to troll surrender...and accidentally surrendered when they were about to win...welp.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So as someone who doesnt play mid, who's a good/easy to pick up champ to play against LB when Gragas gets banned? Only other mids I currently can play are Lux, Ziggs, Zed, and Kha (although I do have minor experience with a few others).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Go Ziggs, rush spirit of the spectral wraith, push lane then farm your jungle and rinse and repeat

The sotsw rush doesn't really have to be done, but it would fit the playstyle i said to do.

Last edited:

Niko45

Smash Master
I'm so ****ing done with Ziggs. That **** is banned every time I'm banning from now on. Seems like that champ wins every single game I'm in, whether it's with me or against me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
900 range aoe silences > ziggs (not exactly)

His never ending poke is pretty good, especially coupled with a semi global ult. People aren't buying banner of command though, which is a pretty borken anti-"single-character-stall" item. His kit is almost okay though, I think if they put power into/it was required to use his knock up/escape to be successful in team fights damage/poke wise he'd be easier to deal with.

He was really popular on OCE for a while, but I feel like the rise of Gragas and Kayle (before Ziggs gets blue, he really is Kayle's *****) with jungle vi being in every single game has kinda killed his usage here. Super high mobility Kass/LB I've seen pull things off in their own rights before ziggs can even really make a mark.

Also Cho'Gath. Trust.

Get super fat. Instantly pop all of his bombs. React to ziggs escape by knowing the direction he'll go in and rupture it. Combo an initiate from your team with that 2.5? second silence. It's been so long since Cho'gath has been a thing that ruptures are super easy.

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
Cho jungle? I've been looking for an excuse to get back into jungling... what do you max? Do you build full tank or get a little AP? Anything else I should know?

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Old cho Jungle would gain speed by maxing E (his on hit thing). I think Rupture has CD per level so you may want to get that first instead if you want to be the counter jungler.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Cho jungle? I've been looking for an excuse to get back into jungling... what do you max? Do you build full tank or get a little AP? Anything else I should know?
I used to play a lot of cho jungle in s2.

Max E first, W second always. E for the jungle clearing obviously and W second because you want to rank up your silence duration asap, cho's 3 second aoe silence is what makes him a boss, and maxing Q doesn't really give you ****.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Old cho Jungle would gain speed by maxing E (his on hit thing). I think Rupture has CD per level so you may want to get that first instead if you want to be the counter jungler.
None of his skills have any CD per level :(
Q only gains damage.
I think outside of the jungle you should generally max W for the silence duration, and it's damage is far more consistent to land than Q.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've had similar success maxing W over E with Cho. His clear times feel about the same. :applejack:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lulu mid got a massive buff to her roaming with that W change. Pretty much the biggest thing i've noticed from my AP Lulu adventures. There is also the scaling passive finally.

Now someone make me understand this.. why is lich bane better than nashoor's tooth on Lulu? I'm guessing in a full 5v5 team fight you aren't gonna auto as much, but i've always liked nashoor's tooth over lich bane as it makes me use my passive to its full benefit.

I mean you aren't picking AP Lulu for burst, you pick her for her massive utility and roaming..

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
Kind of a lot. I have sixtysomething normal wins under my belt but I've been 30 for a bit, but I also played a lot of customs back when you could get XP for those.

So probably a couple hundred total.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Lulu mid got a massive buff to her roaming with that W change. Pretty much the biggest thing i've noticed from my AP Lulu adventures. There is also the scaling passive finally.

Now someone make me understand this.. why is lich bane better than nashoor's tooth on Lulu? I'm guessing in a full 5v5 team fight you aren't gonna auto as much, but i've always liked nashoor's tooth over lich bane as it makes me use my passive to its full benefit.

I mean you aren't picking AP Lulu for burst, you pick her for her massive utility and roaming..
I was wondering this too honestly. Nashoor's seems like such a good pick for Lulu.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
how many games does it usually take to get to lvl30?

Friend of mine gave me his lvl14 account so gonna try to take it to 30
It's honestly worth investing in the X amount of days EXP boost if you're going to grind in one sitting. When OCE came out and before I transferred my main I was able to get my level 12 account to 30 within a week or so.

Also 3-2 in arranged 5s placement: PLATINUM IV baby. Gotta love being queued against 5 challengers on their gold 3 teams.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was wondering this too honestly. Nashoor's seems like such a good pick for Lulu.
Lich is better in most scenarios I would think. Your auto attack range is a liability in major team fights, and enemies with gap closers will delete you if you get anywhere near that range to attack. You won't be autoing enough to really reap any real benefits that Nashor's Tooth has over Lich Bane for that reason alone.

The only way you'd want Nashor's is if everyone on the enemy team is a melee with horrific closers. Or if you're just going to afk farm (which could be done just as easily with a leveled up Q and some actual AP damage items).

:applejack:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Kayle's auto range is 500 so there is that

550 isn't a bad auto range and your ult will save you if they go in on you.. plus as ap lulu you can get zhonya's down the line :p

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Kayle is a kitey-ranged ad-esque character who's animations are appropriately tuned for good mechanics/execution to maximise dps and safety. The enemy never ever wanting to ever get hit by Kayle even once also is a pretty big factor. Lulu's animations aren't so super special awesome.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

550 isn't a bad auto range and your ult will save you if they go in on you.. plus as ap lulu you can get zhonya's down the line :p
You want to save your ult for characters on your team that matter, and popping Zhonya's as a result of overextending forces your team into an ultimatum that you could avoid by just playing Lulu right.

Kayle's damage happens immediately and fast, as well as having heavy hitting aoe damage, a heal, and a get out of jail free card in her 30 second ult. Lulu compares to a small extent, but matching her up to Kayle's power and strength is just not gonna work here. :applejack:

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

technically it's 125 and she gains 400 range (525 range)

also personally I think on hit lulu is her best build. It just feels so strong! o:

Top Bottom