• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I love watching enemy supports rush Crucible and seeing that cleanse glow while I molest their ranged ad with Malzahar.

I also love seeing ranged ADs have cleanse and the moment my ult ends you see that cleanse glow and then they die. Sparkly.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I got it mostly to make sure Annie dropping Tibberes would stop getting my twitch killed.

But I thought make as well, this seems worth it. Then I read it post game and went, wait...

Never used it against his ult but was curious.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I dunn udderstand the sassy comments, just saying the tune up too skarner was a nerf not a buff lol.

Bringing dis back up cause **** being sick and trying to sleep for 6 hours, and **** me for going on the cancer reddit to prove even more skarner was nerfed.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i agree that removing skarners permaslow kinda made him feel different and some people may not like that but the changes they made were unarguable buffs

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm kind of confused about what you're supposed to do as a tank in teamfights, because I feel like people tell you to do different things. People say you're supposed to be in the middle of the fight absorbing damage, but I always thought the tanks job was to initiate on the carry and then drop back to peel for your own one. I don't see where the 'be in the middle of the fight to soak up damage' part fits in, because normally you have to be near the backline if you want to peel for your carry successfully.

I also don't understand what this damage that I'm supposed to be absorbing is. Assuming a competent team, no one is going to be focusing the tank anyway, so the only damage that I'd be absorbing in the frontlines is AoE, which is pointless of course. The only single target damage I can think of that I could tank for someone would be skillshots, but it'd probably be better to be closer to the backline in that case because it's more important to tank skillshots for your carries than it is for your bruisers.

My standard teamfight strat is to initiate on the carry with some cc, then back off and use my remaining cc to peel for my carry. This means that assuming the fight goes well, the only real damage I take is when I initiate, but I don't take much after that because I avoid all the AoE when I drop off to peel for my carry. This means I normally have a low amount of damage taken, which makes me wonder if I'm going about teamfights the wrong way.

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
Just thinking about Skarner, Ancient Golem -> IBG -> Frozen Heart might be the best early-mid item path on him? Provided the enemy team doesn't have a lot of magic damage, in which case Visage over Frozen Heart I guess. I don't know if he needs that much mana, is the thing.

I probably won't be playing too much of him for a while, but I like thinking about these things.

Niko45

Smash Master
I'm kind of confused about what you're supposed to do as a tank in teamfights, because I feel like people tell you to do different things. People say you're supposed to be in the middle of the fight absorbing damage, but I always thought the tanks job was to initiate on the carry and then drop back to peel for your own one. I don't see where the 'be in the middle of the fight to soak up damage' part fits in, because normally you have to be near the backline if you want to peel for your carry successfully.

I also don't understand what this damage that I'm supposed to be absorbing is. Assuming a competent team, no one is going to be focusing the tank anyway, so the only damage that I'd be absorbing in the frontlines is AoE, which is pointless of course. The only single target damage I can think of that I could tank for someone would be skillshots, but it'd probably be better to be closer to the backline in that case because it's more important to tank skillshots for your carries than it is for your bruisers.

My standard teamfight strat is to initiate on the carry with some cc, then back off and use my remaining cc to peel for my carry. This means that assuming the fight goes well, the only real damage I take is when I initiate, but I don't take much after that because I avoid all the AoE when I drop off to peel for my carry. This means I normally have a low amount of damage taken, which makes me wonder if I'm going about teamfights the wrong way.
Generally speaking, if in your judgement you are strong enough to kill enemy back line then you should always do that. If not or you're unsure, then peel.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well what if they wanted skarnar to build iceborn guantlet?
Well I mean, skarner built it before if he wanted an extra slow and less expensive TF proc. But with Q permaslow gone it's prolly core on him unless you want FH or randuin's tankiness over damage and 70 armor.

Niko45

Smash Master
The problem with iceborn is its such an inferior item to trifroce that if iceborn is actually ur core ur basically already a bad champion. A 1.25 spellblade vs a 2.0 spellblade...and not even all that much cheaper.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
CDR, 200 more mana I believe and 70 armor that TF doesn't give. But will say TF is good regardless but depends whichever you feel like getting really.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Omfg shaya you plat?? Teach me how to play mate.
First off:
Pick Malzahar.
Tell your jungler that you'll single handedly win the game as long as the enemy jungler doesn't stick his woozu into your yazmu for the first 15 minutes of the game.
Pray they aren't the type who'll purposely stall skills to KS you from ult/etc every time. Continue to get double/triple kills every time any enemy comes near you as long as you have at least 1 other.
Get 2 items and start 2v5ing
win.

Facetiousness aside, try getting to plat on a server with 200 ping dphat, then you can make me feel ****/be the ultimate ass as much as you deserve (which would be a lot).

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm trying to think of what would be a good replacement for void staff on a typical Rumble build. I've realised vstaff isn't that good on Rumble unless you plan on focusing tanks. Note that is assuming that I'll already be building dcap. I'm thinking maybe dgrasp or lbane for damage.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'd already have abyssal, which I assumed was considered core on him (although I probably wouldn't get it if they didn't have magic damage). Generally people only build one pure damage item on him (usually vstaff or dcap), or they got both if they want 2 damage items. What I'm saying is that in the case that I wanted 2 pure damage items, I'd go dcap plus something over than vstaff because it's not that good on Rumble unless you're focusing tanks. I'm trying to work out what that other pure damage itsem should be, eg. a lbane etc.

It's kind of ironic that void staff is considered the 'magic pen' item yet it's not that good for magic pen champs unless they plan on focusing tanks.

Slush- Dangerous game is good, but I don't think the spellblade mastery is worth on Rumble unless you want to push the lane against a weak laner, and/or plan on dueling the tanks in teamfights later. Even then, it doesn't really synergise well with items you'd build if you were planning on fighting their frontline (as you normally don't build a ton of AP if you plan on doing that, you'd normally get tanky-ap items like rylais).

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Oh right.

Spellblade does seem pretty good on Rumble though. An overheated-lichbane auto will do 100% of his ap as bonus damage. If you're ballsy you could go all out with the arcance blade mastery and nashor's tooth for 120% ap autos.

Player-3

Smash Hero
rumble only needs 4 items to be better than 60% of the 6 item characters in the game

liandrys zhonyas sorc boots void staff

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Oh wait my bad, didn't realise vstaff applied before magic pen.

Void staff op

Edit- Wait what %mpen modifiers are there other than the devastating strikes mastery?

Last edited:

Niko45

Smash Master
Meh, I'm done with Rumble. Played a million games on him in season 3 and he carried me out of silver and gold, but now he's too nerfed, doesn't farm well, super easy to gank and shut down, doesn't really feel like he wins enough lanes anymore. Lackluster scaling as well imo. Vlad just way better currently.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
rofl that's enough of that.

I have been playing WoW instead of League over the last 5 days, I checked Surrender @ 20 and feel really out of the loop.

Top Bottom