• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Meh, I'm done with Rumble. Played a million games on him in season 3 and he carried me out of silver and gold, but now he's too nerfed, doesn't farm well, super easy to gank and shut down, doesn't really feel like he wins enough lanes anymore. Lackluster scaling as well imo. Vlad just way better currently.
I think his problem is that he struggles against any other manaless lane bully, because he's weak before 4-5. However, I think he's a good champion to pick into non-lane bullies. He can bully them, push them in, scales better other bullies like Renekton and is great in objective fights, or basically any fight in the jungle.

His scaling is actually pretty good if you land multiple ticks of Q and/or ult. His single target damage drops off because you can't land a lot of ticks in a 1v1, but his AoE scaling is great. For example, 5 ticks of his ult across a team is 1200 base damage plus 150% of his AP which is normally coming off 58+30% mpen. That's pretty good, and that doesn't factor in the doubled Liandry's procs.

In saying that, I think he's completely outclassed by Shyvana as she does the same role better. Kind of like how Vi outclasses all the CC-tank junglers.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Wouldn't he played more if he's so OP? It's not like he's some 'hidden gem', he used to be used a lot in the LCS. Now Balls is the only one who still uses him, and even when Rumble is open he'll go with Renek or Shyv sometimes instead.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
What stops rumble from going mid? Is his match up spread against the common mids that problematic? He'd almost be ungankable, his position on the map allows him to make more plays and exude more control of the game earlier and his ability to farm wouldn't be an issue unless he really gets **** on in MUs.

I could just see it now though.
Rumble constantly pushing and sniping people under tower, with the help of the jungler would have ******** jungle skirmish potential / enemy buff control.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Thing is when you send him mid, you're trading his ability to be a lane bully for better objective control/map pressure. As a melee with no real gapcloser, he loses lane to every ranged champ and melees with good poke like Gragas. I think he'd be similar to TF in that he'd most likely lose lane but can make plays elsewhere on the map.

P3- How can a champ who does nothing until 4-5, doesn't scale hard and has no hard CC be broken?

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Because people like you think he straight up loses to Gragas. :applejack:
This comment makes no sense at all. He's broken because I think he loses to Gragas? What?

Zz- I've done that before. It's a shame that his clear is so bad due to his q doing half damage to minions and monsters. He actually excels at most other aspects of jungling except counterjungling.

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
I suppose Leblanc would give him problems mid. Outranges, lots of burst damage, and since she started maxing W, shoving her under tower is hard.

Rumble support maybe? I'd imagine R would heavily discourage the all-ins that are popular on support these days.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Thing is when you send him mid, you're trading his ability to be a lane bully for better objective control/map pressure. As a melee with no real gapcloser, he loses lane to every ranged champ and melees with good poke like Gragas. I think he'd be similar to TF in that he'd most likely lose lane but can make plays elsewhere on the map.

P3- How can a champ who does nothing until 4-5, doesn't scale hard and has no hard CC be broken?
rumble scales harder than like 95% of the champions in the game

@ Life Life leblanc is so incredibly broken at this point i wouldnt be surprised if she beats everyone

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This comment makes no sense at all. He's broken because I think he loses to Gragas? What?

Zz- I've done that before. It's a shame that his clear is so bad due to his q doing half damage to minions and monsters. He actually excels at most other aspects of jungling except counterjungling.
I'm saying that Rumble's broken because people like you think he's bad.
In other words, you have no idea what you're talking about. :applejack:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
@ Life Life leblanc is so incredibly broken at this point i wouldnt be surprised if she beats everyone
Playing that match up on OCE a lot against plats and diamonds and I still haven't lost as Malzahar once. I think her maxing out W now is directly the opposite of what you want to do to win lane against the guy. Her trying to farm just gets her insta cast with E and a voidling chasing her and she doesn't effectively whittle him down when she isn't maxing Q. So it's basically LB sitting at 20-50% hp all the time praying that her jungler camps me while I'm getting tickled.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Espy- I didn't say he's bad, I'm saying that he doesn't do as well against range and poke. He's my go-to pick for mid if I end up with mid for some reason.

Life- I've tried Rumble supports. He has some good qualities, like having spammable wave clear and good 2v2 all-in, but he does nothing in lane unless the jungler comes or the enemy initiates. His peel is sub par too.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Problem is if you play it in ranked and lose you're getting reported, even if it wasn't your fault.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont give any ****s whether or not people report me for picks because Im never an asshole in chat so the Tribunal wont ever do **** to me.

With that said though, I dont really ever troll pick soooo

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't mind 'troll' picks if people mean well, ie. they play that champ in that role a lot and are genuinely trying to win.

I just hate how many people are glued to the meta, and when I say meta I mean the NA meta. I think it's hilarious that people who aren't D1 or Challenger actually think they play at a high enough level where only the FOTM champs in the LCS are viable. I've seen Challenger games where stuff like a 0 CS support Shaco carried a game.

People need to learn that the NA meta isn't everything. I remember when I first started playing this game I looked at a few champs who weren't FOTM in NA at the time and it turned out that like all of them were being used in the OGN, and/or have become FOTM in NA recently. It's a shame that the meta is worshipped so much to be honest.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's not even the NA meta.
You can literally do anything in Ranked Solo queue and win.

And the meta isn't worshipped, you think people want those Dshield passives on turrets and extra armor early into the game? rito just enforces the meta into the game for the pro players to practice in solo/duo/scrims. They don't care much for the community outside of reddit when they ask for skin ideas or someway to get money out of their pockets.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The champ meta is worshipped. A lot of people genuinely think that Mundo or Trundle weren't viable picks before season 4, or that Kayle has only recently become good. You could probably get to Challenger maining any champ in the game, even someone completly outclassed like Sej or Mao.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Don't be stupid Slush. The meta is praised and practiced to hell and back. Ranked play shifts at the drop of a hat the moment some team in the LCS does something new and unexpected.

A lot of people want to be good at the game. Being at the top of the meta is the best chance at doing that.

:applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The champ meta is worshipped.
You could probably get to Challenger maining any champ in the game, even someone completly outclassed like Sej or Mao.
Of course champ meta is worshipped, cause they're usually tickets to free wins for some people.

A page back, Last Skarner NA.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I honestly don't care what people think of me.
Your previous post towards dphat was just malice fer no raisin when Shaya already knew he was being sarcastic.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
so how about dat league of legends, huh?

I've got like 3 days before I decay. I don't want to play league.

Plus I think I might be capped, so... Man, I'm so screwed.

Niko45

Smash Master
Oh is Brand up for a rework? Didn't realize that. Doesn't matter tho. Ranked is about spamming something that's gonna get nerfed eventually anyway and then jumping to the next OP so it's not really any different.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Warning Received
Lmfao first of all that was my way of congratulating him on hitting platinum, second I'm actually quite fond of shaya regardless of all my "sarcastic jerk" posts. Regardless you need to move on John, everyone knows I'm just joking and I'm quite nice in person. I tend to joke around a lot and if you find my comments offensive you can just easily ignore them.

Top Bottom