• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
This makes it look like they're thinking of moving the NA servers towards the Midwest.
As New Yorker I would rather just have an East Coast server but I guess I'll take at least better over nothing.
Maybe I can have below 200 ping when I'm playing at home for a change... Even when I have access to good internet it still sucks to have ~100 ping.
Kind of sad how playing on the Latin America North servers is better for me than the NA servers because the LAN server is hosted in Florida...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Moving the servers is just asking for west coast to whine about their loss of ping. (which does matter)

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Dear NA,
please keep on asking Riot to split your servers, it'll fix everything.
Except not really.

Sincerely yours, EUW.

Player-3

Smash Hero
people who think they're going to magically improve when they get lower ping (as in they have ~100, 150-200+ is enough to impact gameplay) are delusional

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
This makes it look like they're thinking of moving the NA servers towards the Midwest.
As New Yorker I would rather just have an East Coast server but I guess I'll take at least better over nothing.
Maybe I can have below 200 ping when I'm playing at home for a change... Even when I have access to good internet it still sucks to have ~100 ping.
Kind of sad how playing on the Latin America North servers is better for me than the NA servers because the LAN server is hosted in Florida...
As a Utah native, Im down wuth Midwest servers. I already have good ping though (40-50s) so Im fine with how it is now regardless.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Only champ I somewhat dislike seeing picked on my team is Fiora, but even then I know most people willing to play her in ranked are most likely good enough with her.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
people who think they're going to magically improve when they get lower ping (as in they have ~100, 150-200+ is enough to impact gameplay) are delusional
I recently got upgraded internet (ADSL to Cable), which halved my ping from 28 to 14. It took me a little bit because I kept cancelling everyone's aas with it. But my win rate since then has been definitely better. Could be coincidental :) I do notice the difference though, in other words.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
JTB i hate you irl

he's right though, my computer that's been non-working since early/mid December is finally getting its replacement graphics card tomorrow (which apparently was the REAL piece of hardware that died, not my motherboard) and I can play ACTUAL VIDEO GAMES

I'm gonna have to get used to all these changed summoner spell icons, item icons, and meta changes though.
New champ looks pretty sweet, I like the fact that they actually released something that doesn't have "high mobility" in its description

Last edited:

Niko45

Smash Master
Fkin west coast streamers complain like crazy if their ping ever jumps into the 80s. It probably does make a difference in some spots tho, like smite wars and stuff.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just carried a game hardcore with Quinn, went 15/0 while my team's combined score at the end was 30/30. Also had to deal with a fed as **** Renekton and Vi. Pretty sure I played the best I ever have in my life that game.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i'm just saying i play with 80 ping and i can flash skills and smite just fine, i honestly don't see how going from 80 to 40 is going to make any significant difference at all

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I mean, I dont mind obscure/weird/'bad' picks, even if in my head I think it sounds bad, I usually dont say anything about it and do my best to defend them in their pick unless its truly a troll pick.

Life

Smash Hero
I usually pull the "are you sure?" card when something like that happens.

If they insist on playing, well, gonna have to find a way to make it work.

I haven't gotten into ranked yet though.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
i'm just saying i play with 80 ping and i can flash skills and smite just fine, i honestly don't see how going from 80 to 40 is going to make any significant difference at all
Don't diss it until you try it.
1334919301384.gif

I had a game last night where I was vladimir, where I zhonya'd, and as I was coming out of zhonya's, I was going to instantly E>W for a TRIPLE KILL. Guess what happens? I spike to 50 ping. For god knows what reason. E doesn't come out. 3 low health ******* are praising their helixes and im crying. Sudden extra 40 ping was too ****ing real, and then my 80% odd win rate with vlad dropped to 77. So ****ing upset.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm sorry I pick champions in solo queue that are designed to be able to 1/2v5.
I just trust team mates that much. Like all my regular champs, even the ones I consider myself really good at, sit at around 50-60% because, RAGERS/AFKERS; while all my hyper carries are at 70-80%+ win rates. Why? because I can cover my team mate's mistakes by just killing the enemy team by myself.

Turn your 10% piece of the game into 40-50% is my motto.

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
Can we get a list of who qualifies as a "hypercarry"? I see that word/phrase/wordism bandied about a lot but nobody seems to really have it pinned down.

EDIT: I get the general concept (someone who scales really well and ends up dominating the game), but I feel like a lot of champs get called that and, well...

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Anivia (if you're awesome), Cho'Gath (if you're beyond awesome), Karthus, Kayle (she does have pretty solid counter play though :(), Kog'Maw (AP), Lux, Malphite, Malzahar, Nasus, Nidalee, Orianna, Ryze, *cough*teemo*cough*he'sgettingnerfedagainatleastthankbaseddome*, Tristana (such a weak mid game though) Veigar (wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too hard for 99.9% of people with the thinnest margin of error in the game), Vladimir.

Special shout outs to Warwick, Zyra, Irelia, Jax, Kassadin, Nocturne and Ezreal. Oh and of course, prep time shaco. I also think donger is ********, but no one plays him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom