• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Also it's Team Gravity.

"Keane explained that the Urgot pick was inspired by a post on the League of Legends subreddit. He then took the idea to his team to begin the vetting process. “We try out new picks in scrims first,” he said, “and if it works really well, we play those champions in the LCS.” When Reddit isn’t making good recommendations, Keane turns to his peers across the world for inspiration. “I usually look up op.gg and YouTube for one trick ponies in NA and Korea."

Link: http://na.lolesports.com/articles/process-finding-surprising-competitive-picks

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Can't believe Meteos actually stepped down. It's funny how sudden and how much impact that actually had compared to TSM announcing that Keith would be playing in scrims & potentially could replace Wild Turtle.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Shen being used as a support in LCS

After 2 years of using it finally people can't complain when I pick it

If someone tries to justify that those tiny buffs are the reason why he became viable as a supp I'm gonna laugh

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm not really sure if that's what they were implying to me, didn't really directly respond.

Yeah, of course the buffs aren't relevant for support viability, it'd be the utility built into his kit - which hasn't changed.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
If someone tries to justify that those tiny buffs are the reason why he became viable as a supp I'm gonna laugh
I wasn't aware that there was a patch where you were given the tiny buff of being able to remember laughter.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I wasn't aware that there was a patch where you were given the tiny buff of being able to remember laughter.
I think that joke needs to get patched. I have no idea what you were trying to say.

Like I legit can't tell if you're having a go at me or not

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
okay, AP runeglaive ezreal mid is some of the most stupid **** I've seen. The only thing holding him back is people suck at positioning.

Put two CC bots in front of ezreal and it's pretty much free teamfights forever.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
okay, AP runeglaive ezreal mid is some of the most stupid **** I've seen. The only thing holding him back is people suck at positioning.

Put two CC bots in front of ezreal and it's pretty much free teamfights forever.
The Runeglaive procs Ludens Echo and it gives him much needed waveclear on his Q's. No matter how hard you bully him, he just gets insane the later the game goes, a godly mid and late game. All you can do is try to shut him down early.

Speaking of which, Gravity vs TSM, dat Jarvan mid.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Anyone who didn't play urf didn't
lol

Also I like Team Liquid.I like them winning.
Both curse teams went 2-0 this week for 4-0
Oh no 4.

I wish they would just play on tahm kench patch straight away lol, see how they adapt to the AP item changes.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Anyone else getting a game crash where after champion select the game just goes black and can't reconnect to league until the game you try to enter ends?

I submitted a support ticket since for some reason this just started happening since yesterday.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I have that happen every now and then. Usually it happens to multiple people in that game, so there winds up being maybe only 3 or 4 people who actually load into the game, and no one else can get in.

The worst is when it happens to everyone who tried to load into the game, because then the game technically never exists because no one loaded into it, but you still get the "Reconnect" message when you try to go on league. Generally you have to wait quite a few hours before it finally sorts itself out.

:059:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Why don't people build sunfire on Gnar

I figured it'd actually help his rage management since he's ranged, so it doesn't have to burn minims if he doesn't want to

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It helps when you are in Melee mode, but when you are at range mode it's not very useful.

Randuins seems like to me at a glance to be a better item to build.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
LiIithDVesta: [Picks Ashe]
NesRocks: I can't play support.
LiIithDVesta: What do you mean?
NesRocks: I just can't do it.
LiIithDVesta: [Picks Annie]
NesRocks: [Picks Lucian]

Wards Placed: -

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I forget those people exist.

The perks of being a support main.

With that said, it's really frustrating playing ADC when you have an extremely toxic support, especially when they keep doing dumb stuff like pushing the wave, and then don't understand why you have trouble dodging hooks and stuff when your support has force you up to the enemy tower to get farm.

:059:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Just wondering how sunfire interacts with Gnar's rage. If he's burning 6 minions, will it just increase every second like normal, or will it go 6 times as fast?

people still fall for this?

nobody can't support.
No one 'falls' for it, it's that people are worried they'll threaten to afk/feed if they have to play supp

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Just wondering how sunfire interacts with Gnar's rage. If he's burning 6 minions, will it just increase every second like normal, or will it go 6 times as fast?
It only procs his passive once.

The PBE has some crazy update today : http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/07/77-pbe-update.html
New items with interesting actives for ADCs and supports, GP rework, Warrior enchant finally getting the late game buff it needs.
I mean, a 60s cd flash out on an ADC item.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yes they are, but I'm calling it right now : this event is a beta for the next item overhaul, probably pre season 6. The morellonomicon is going to get the same treatment as the other books (3k gold, 100 ap, builds out of the lost chapter) and the murksphere is obviously a 4th support item line.

There's no way they're creating such unique item effects such as a decoy or damage redirection just to put them in the vault 2 weeks later and forget them forever.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Hey guys just wondering if I could get some tips on laning against Trynd. He's the only top later I don't understand how to counterplay

Main thing I'm having trouble with is dealing with his RNG. Basically when they E onto you at level 1 and triple crit you taking off 3/4 of your health. What's the counterplay to the that? Normally I use my spells on them and kite backwards like I'd do against anyone else. But if he gets crits he still one shots me practically.

Are you just supposed to flash immediately if he Es onto you at level 1 to avoid the possibility of him comboing crits? I'm only looking for advice for when they get 3-4 crits every time they go on you pre6, obviously I win easily when they don't get RNG.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
Hey guys just wondering if I could get some tips on laning against Trynd. He's the only top later I don't understand how to counterplay. Main thing I'm having trouble with is dealing with his RNG. Basically when they E onto you at level 1 and triple crit you taking off 3/4 of your health. What's the counterplay to the that? Normally I use my spells on them and kite backwards like I'd do against anyone else. But if he gets crits he still one shots me practically. Are you just supposed to flash immediately if he Es onto you at level 1 to avoid the possibility of him comboing crits? I'm only looking for advice for when they get 3-4 crits every time they go on you pre6, obviously I win easily when they don't get RNG.
Respect the level 1 pressure. Let him get his CS if he can one shot you. CS around or under tower. Make sure you always have flash. When you back invest in early armor. In champion select alter your mastery page so that you choose the crit reduction mastery.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Too lazy to crop and too lazy to tell the story of wins to promos and the wins in promos unless someone wants too read it since I forgot to stream the promos.

52 wins this season for diamond instead of 41, 11 more which sucks, but I blame that for the 3 Disconnects I had in placements that made me get basically possible 7-3 before even finishing. Went 6-4 tho so Plat 4 placed compared to plat 3 last season which is why 11 more wins needed this time around.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
The Little Brother

[Champion Select]​
LordOfTacos: jg​
NSG Nova: jg plz
LordOfTacos: NO
LordOfTacos: i only jg
LiIithDVesta: seriously
Galahfig: tacos
Galahfig: then just dodge
LordOfTacos: naw
Galahfig: this is bronze, you cant play only one position
LordOfTacos: im not a dodger i get what i want
Tainted Soul: I won't jg dude
LordOfTacos: or someone else dodge
NSG Nova: ok whts the bif idea
LordOfTacos: [threatens to troll the game] - (was unable to catch this in a screenshot)
LordOfTacos: sorry guys
Galahfig: i dont wanna go vs ekko
LordOfTacos: little b***** brother
NSG Nova: do u want jg?
LordOfTacos: all g
Tainted Soul: Ekko is going top I think
[Something about a champion]
Tainted Soul: She's op
LiIithDVesta: oh so that was your brother
LordOfTacos: im not going to troll
LordOfTacos: aha
LiIithDVesta: kk good
LordOfTacos: i slapped him

[Laning Phase with Janna Pt. 1]​

Janna is using her Q in the middle of the enemy minion wave to farm it and repeatedly hard pushes into the enemy tower. She flashes into a full health Taric + Ezreal and then dies.

LordOfTacos: thanks ashe
LordOfTacos: useless
LordOfTacos: i might start trolling
LordOfTacos: cause of that
LiIithDVesta: i thought that was your brother
LiIithDVesta: did he get back on again
LordOfTacos: [haha no i don't have a little brother idiot that was me] - (was unable to catch this)

[Laning Phase with Janna Pt. 2]​

Minions are pushed around tower when Janna gets back. She sees the enemy team. She uses her Q and dives into them again, Taric stuns her while I'm still trying to farm around tower. I peel for her using my W + autos. She's telling me how bad I am at the game when she makes it to our tower with extremely low health and Ezreal hits her with his Q while she is typing.

LordOfTacos: he was not even attacking
LordOfTacos: and you could of killed him
LordOfTacos: but you run to turrets
LordOfTacos: im done
LordOfTacos: cant play wiht you

[League of Legends Without Janna]​

Janna goes mid lane and she goes top lane:

LordOfTacos: play safe
LordOfTacos: knock him up
Tainted Soul: kk
LordOfTacos: then you come
Tainted Soul: janna go bot with ashe
LordOfTacos: COMING VOLOBOOB
LordOfTacos: no
LordOfTacos: shes so bad
[Enemy jungler comes bot lane to 1 v. 3 and secure tower]
LordOfTacos: lets just ff
LordOfTacos: -_-
LordOfTacos: i gtg
LordOfTacos: aha
Tainted Soul: God I'm so pissed (my computer is bad)

Other Source Material:

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
I got variations on the Janna support for the past three games I was an adc. I need to basically only play mid once I get to B4 promos cause I cannot hard carry from other roles when I get to that MMR where I have a team of B5s laning against a team of B4s. The difference between a B5 who is still learning how to carry and a B4 who knows how to at least carry themselves out of B5 can be dramatic in the first ten minutes of laning phase.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGUUQjZ64yY#t=43m
On Shen support being broken in the first 3 minutes of this.

Shen in lane is still booty, but thankfully the MR buff helps him a bit to the point he can focus on armor instead in terms of top lane. Singed getting the same treatment might bring him up in the meta for a niche pick honestly. E and W change, MR buff and if sivir is still relevant IMAGINE a singed running at you with Sivir movespeed.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Respect the level 1 pressure. Let him get his CS if he can one shot you. CS around or under tower. Make sure you always have flash. When you back invest in early armor. In champion select alter your mastery page so that you choose the crit reduction mastery.
That would mean I'd have to drop a whole wave of CS so that I'm always out of E range.

Is that seriously what you have to do to make sure he doesn't win lane from level 1 with RNG?

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
That would mean I'd have to drop a whole wave of CS so that I'm always out of E range. Is that seriously what you have to do to make sure he doesn't win lane from level 1 with RNG?
From a C.B.A. standpoint. Yeah.

Top Bottom