• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My favorite teams are Liquid and Gravity, #1 and #2 baby!!

And to any of you thinking Im a band wagoner, *** u

EDIT: Wow, since when was F*k censored, thats literally not even a word, screw this site man

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Devourer AP Lulu is pretty strong yall. Farm jungle, have good ganks (virtue of being ranged and then got a slow and knock up), shoot like a machine gun. Devourer > nahoors > dcap > whatever as your lulu, anything works long as you get AP for your hyper utility scaling. Lulu's ability to counter gank is super super strong as well. Ult turns around 2v2s soooo easily, and with an on hit build, scraps really well with her ability to kite and chase easily.

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
My favorite teams are Liquid and Gravity, #1 and #2 baby!! And to any of you thinking Im a band wagoner, *** u EDIT: Wow, since when was F*k censored, thats literally not even a word, screw this site man
The worst region to commit to any particular team tbqh.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's honestly really hard to tell who can be a decent threat at worlds.
Everyone thought Gravity, than they lost to DIG in an almost 60 minute game along with T8, but all 3 teams played so bad anyways.

Liquid has shining moments and dark **** moments too.

TSM is best in the Bo3/5 format but who knows what'll happen.

CLG seems to be picking up the pace, but playoffs curse tho..

Honestly, we have to see what the hell is gonna happen during playoffs to know who'll be a threat, I don't know the schedules for 1-6 (in terms of last 2 teams to play against) but the places are sealed and this is the standings right now with 2 games left this Saturday/Sunday.

Gravity 12-4
Liquid/CLG/Impulse 11-5
TSM 10-6
Dignitas 9-7
Outside of Dig, 1-5 can now literally be anyones seed, taking into account tiebreakers as well.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
well, got to experience ryze finally after begging team to ban him to no avail and the other team first picking him.

I've never seen a nasus and nocturne lose a 2v1, I didn't even think it was possible, what in the unholy flying **** riot.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Rito doesn't know how to balance their game.
I thought S4 was going to kill the Pro scene but S6 seems to be the day the pro scene is killed (in terms of no more NA/EU only teams, all korean/chinese imports) + game so stale and broken that it's no longer fun.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Rito doesn't know how to balance their game.
I thought S4 was going to kill the Pro scene but S6 seems to be the day the pro scene is killed (in terms of no more NA/EU only teams, all korean/chinese imports) + game so stale and broken that it's no longer fun.
Welcome to every sport that is played by more than 3 countries

Also this game is incredibly well-balanced considering that there's over 120 champions. All of those champions are viable at every level of play. Only a select few may be optimal, but you can win with anything.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
you have a funny idea of well-balanced, riot is also insanely bat **** insane with the changes they always make.
No, people who think the game isn't balanced are just being entitled whiny gamers with no perspective.

If you can win with anything at any level of play, then the game is pretty balanced. Certain lane match ups are unwinnable at the elite level, but you can still win the game. Contrast this with a game like Smash, where low tiers cannot win at the elite level (if they know the MU).

Some champs have broken designs but it's not like you can't win against them once you get to a certain level of play

Player-3

Smash Hero
game is pretty balanced at least when i used to play it idk about currently but i doubt that's changed

john!

Smash Hero
game was most balanced when nobody had any idea what the **** they were doing

it's too late now, we've eaten the forbidden fruit of knowledge and our metagame is set in stone

e.g. there will only ever be 3-4 viable AD carries, max

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It hurts cause their idea to help AD carries is to nerf every single one until they just make a new one along with their items.
It all started with Twitch/Lucian S4 Worlds... AD carry meta has been irrelevant all season. The damn tank meta.

There's a reason Sivir is the best AD right now while people have to scrape the bottom of the barrel and choose Corki/graves. Though I prolly shouldn't group Corki in there cause it's almost worlds time and as legend tells, Corki Orianna and Jax always reappear in the meta just in time for Worlds.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
If the ADC role has become irrelevant, then why do you think teams still have them instead of thinking about non-meta picks like how they used Xin Zhao + Annie in the bot lane sometimes?

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ashe actually likes a tank meta over an assassin meta.

Also I tried out the new GP, he feels so much better.

The silver for his ult is a tad pricy but I muggy be able to get about it with more keg abuse.

That and his passive, wow did I fall in love with it.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Too bad she's used in neither because she was strong for like 1 patch and immediately nerfed her in the next.
Also she didn't like the tank meta either, 0 escapes and the likes of hecarim Gnar maokai naut etc. existed when she was around.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Uhh not really.

She likes a tank meta because her utility and kiting shine better there. She hates an assassin meta because she lacks the ability to handle large burst, you can peel a tank and live, you can't peel an assassin and stay safe.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i played league for the first time in a month haha what is this ui am i playing strife this game looks like a league of legends ripoff moba now LMAO

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I just versed another Trynd

I take it back this game isn't balanced, champion has zero counterplay lol

I just versed the most ******** player ever, killed him 3 times as Wukong (despite him getting the typical level 1 RNG that forces you to flash immediately). Then he just dives me under my turret at level 6, I ult him under tower and he still manages to trade with me. I was 3-0 with the same CS, had more damage and a cloth armour, and he trades with me under my turret. Then I come back to lane and he kills me again because I forgot his ult has a really low CD (that's my bad, really). At this point I still have more gold than him, I tp back to lane with a tiamat and a chain vest, He proceeds to just oneshot me again despite me having more gold, having my ult when he didn't, and having backed for items.

Then of course he just starts splitting and killing people 1v3 that have similar gold to him and wins the game by himself, whilst bming lol

I have no idea what I was supposed to do. I killed him 3 times and had more-to-even CS, then he just dives on me and kills me. I even got armour early, which I would never have to do if I was 3-0 up on somebody. I had an over 900 gold lead and he still manages to kill me whilst I'm being defensive. No wonder this champ has always had such a high winrate in high elo play lol

#salt

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
i played league for the first time in a month haha what is this ui am i playing strife this game looks like a league of legends ripoff moba now LMAO
New Bilgewater theme. Speakers are supposed to be Twisted Fate and Graves. I don't find this backstory they're trying to engage us in to be at all interesting. But a little variety adds more spice to the game. It honestly feels like some of my teammates go on tilt with all the messages being spammed that your teammate is feeding the fishes or something along those lines.

Cheerilee

Smash Ace
The Q nerf really hurt Ashe for me. Being able to get almost a 5-proc on W and then going straight into Q gave her almost a burst type mechanic that was impossible to escape from. Most of my kills as Ashe at the moment feel largely in part off of errors from the enemy team. For example, if a bruiser goes in a bit too deep and I'm able to W + auto them then begin to run away instead of gap closing on to me because they notice they are slowed and their reaction to CC is to always run away as soon as it is applied. In engagements where they are on top of me I often find like I lack sufficient health to effectively kite them without nearly being killed in the process because peel often isn't there. Hence why I personally go for a troll build that puts more emphasis on utility and debuffs over raw statistical damage. I don't consider myself to specialize in any role at my given elo, however from what I can tell I am able to be either the highest damage dealer or the second highest damage dealer consistently on both accounts by building items that give me some off-hand tankiness and damage stats simultaneously.

At this point Ashe is just convenient for me because I have no guarantee at any point in the game that any of my other four teammates will be considerate enough to peel for me or even build tanky and not go full AD/AP on pantheon/gragas. So just having the slows and the stun offers me the chance to peel for myself rather than having to rely on what 9 times out of 10 is an ineffective support who just spams laugh in the bushes.

--------

Support Annie. CDR blues. Mag Pen Reds. Armor yellows. Played passive until 6. Tried to play a pick oriented style until Zhonya's. Repeatedly bought elixir of magus instead of upgrading mobility boots or sighstone to ruby because I was primary engage and it was 4 v. 5 with an afk GP.

I had been using support Annie AP blues. However, the fact that I get Tibbers for basically every fight right when my Zhonya's gets off CD just makes more sense. AP blues were better for early game, but there aren't a lot of itemization options I'd go for on Annie that give CDR even if it is a locket. I still haven't figured out when/why I run out of mana. This game I was fine with clearing waves and didn't go oom. (You know what it was me constantly warding so I got mana from the passive play style). Enemy team managed to pick a worst comp than ours.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO-nzPV0yQ4#10m30s
Again, AD carry irrelevant all season. Tank busters PROTECT THE AD Kog Vayne comps + Sivir more better than Ashe Graves Lucian etc.
Corki only chosen if sivir already picked and vayne/kog have to go up against the champ "group press R to win teamfight"

There's just absolutely no fit in the meta for Ashe, the only reason she was chosen after rework was two things. Hawkshot being global (still is) to get sight of jungler and her Q being able to stack up so fast to shred turrets more than Jinx. She's basically a safer Jinx before all the nerfs because of her more reliable CC when left alone in lane to farm, but with the nerfs and even with the rise of Trundle/Shen support still not safe enough to have the AD carry alone in the lane while shen buddies around with the other three champs.

Also there is quite literally no need to ever upgrade sightstone to ruby.

Welcome to the AD carry/Support meta. Where you roam as support level 1 to make plays and ward the map, while the AD farms from a safe distance with decent kiting while support/jungler throws 10+ wards on the map to make sure you don't get ganked.
Kalista corki Sivir etc. can get away from most duo bot laners, jinx ashe graves Lucian cannot.

If the ADC role has become irrelevant, then why do you think teams still have them instead of thinking about non-meta picks like how they used Xin Zhao + Annie in the bot lane sometimes?
Late but, the basic reason I can think of is while ad carries are irrelevant in the meta. 25+ minutes in they still get some damage eventually and they're reliable to take turrets due to their range lol
Most of the meta picks are either melee or less than 425 range (urgot highest range that isn't a melee), if there was no range to take turrets, games would prolly last even longer.

Xin and Annie lane is a decent kill lane, but at the same time how're they gonna get all the damage that xin has accumulated from kills onto turrets lategame + no ranged waveclear. Depends on rest of team, but most ads have waveclear in some form outside of their autos.

Last edited:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
The new theme is kinda interesting. It's still taking me a while to get used to where everything is now.

I do find it funny how many people there are playing ARAMs currently who have no idea how to play them, since they only are doing them for the event. It's been making it easy to carry ARAM games right now.

:059:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO-nzPV0yQ4#10m30s
Again, AD carry irrelevant all season. Tank busters PROTECT THE AD Kog Vayne comps + Sivir more better than Ashe Graves Lucian etc.
Corki only chosen if sivir already picked and vayne/kog have to go up against the champ "group press R to win teamfight"

There's just absolutely no fit in the meta for Ashe, the only reason she was chosen after rework was two things. Hawkshot being global (still is) to get sight of jungler and her Q being able to stack up so fast to shred turrets more than Jinx. She's basically a safer Jinx before all the nerfs because of her more reliable CC when left alone in lane to farm, but with the nerfs and even with the rise of Trundle/Shen support still not safe enough to have the AD carry alone in the lane while shen buddies around with the other three champs.

Also there is quite literally no need to ever upgrade sightstone to ruby.

Welcome to the AD carry/Support meta. Where you roam as support level 1 to make plays and ward the map, while the AD farms from a safe distance with decent kiting while support/jungler throws 10+ wards on the map to make sure you don't get ganked.
Kalista corki Sivir etc. can get away from most duo bot laners, jinx ashe graves Lucian cannot.

Late but, the basic reason I can think of is while ad carries are irrelevant in the meta. 25+ minutes in they still get some damage eventually and they're reliable to take turrets due to their range lol
Most of the meta picks are either melee or less than 425 range (urgot highest range that isn't a melee), if there was no range to take turrets, games would prolly last even longer.

Xin and Annie lane is a decent kill lane, but at the same time how're they gonna get all the damage that xin has accumulated from kills onto turrets lategame + no ranged waveclear. Depends on rest of team, but most ads have waveclear in some form outside of their autos.
LCS is different from soloQ, even then I would say she has her place and relevant to tank and death ball comps when she brings a lot of CC, mostly her godlike ult. More so than in an assassin meta where Ashe struggles a lot more.

She won't be a contested pick ever since Riot is paranoid scared of her ever being 100% pick/ban compared to other ADC. I still think she is relevant and has a place.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
This happens in solo queue too btw.
In terms of ranked at least for me.

I can post a vid too tho
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle..._best_champions_for_every_role_in_solo_queue/

This guy confuses me though, he makes a scale for Sivir using damage/utility, but then doesn't add kalista as 5th/4th over Ashe.
>12% of max health autos if support hits them too 20% at max rank.
>slows as well just like ashe from Rend
>Ult that can both save support 4 flashes away and knock up multiple people for 2 seconds regardless of range while Ashe is one only that can stun for around 5 seconds if basically across the map.
>infinite rend stacks

Kalista utility and damage honestly feels better than Ashe first 30 minutes along with the fact kalista's passive/kiting tho lol
Only difference is ashe 50 minutes in > Kalista 50 minutes in.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This happens in solo queue too btw.
In terms of ranked at least for me.

I can post a vid too tho
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle..._best_champions_for_every_role_in_solo_queue/

This guy confuses me though, he makes a scale for Sivir using damage/utility, but then doesn't add kalista as 5th/4th over Ashe.
>12% of max health autos if support hits them too 20% at max rank.
>slows as well just like ashe from Rend
>Ult that can both save support 4 flashes away and knock up multiple people for 2 seconds regardless of range while Ashe is one only that can stun for around 5 seconds if basically across the map.
>infinite rend stacks

Kalista utility and damage honestly feels better than Ashe first 30 minutes along with the fact kalista's passive/kiting tho lol
Only difference is ashe 50 minutes in > Kalista 50 minutes in.
Phylol thinks the nerfs to Kalista hit her pretty hard, and it did.

I'm not saying Kalista isn't good either I am saying that I think Ashe is better in a tank meta than an assassin meta. Where as Kalista would be better there when she can deal and duel better than Ashe can.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It hit hard, but she's still an all around better pick for every team comp.
Having to build a team comp around Ashe is incredibly tough, and if you wanna build a team comp around 1 AD carry, why not just go vayne kog trist or Sivir in that case lol

Ashe is better in the tank meta in a sense she's absolutely never played, just like in the assassin meta. Thus, neither meta is good for her (which it isn't) Tank meta has just as many gap closers than Assassins, along with tankiness and every ability being dumb % damage based (hello maokai gnar) or some form of damage reduction or damage amplification (Fizz gragas maokai againz, or gnar gaining a chunk of health once he turns mega)

Last edited:
Top Bottom