• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Great Revival, November 20th, NJ

jbandrew

Smash Lord
wth yunior you shouldve spoken to me. My tag was Jband and I'm dominican. We coulda played and stuff -.-

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
0_o

You live in DR or are you just visiting there?
Yeah, he almost beat me round 1 of singles. It went to last match, I was very nervous, LOL

Good stuff dude. Hope to see you again some time in the future

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
DK's represent! Always awesome to see such a "free" character do so well in tournament. Mad props to Dr. Grandpa especially for an epic f-air spike to defeat Shadow in winners bracket and for 2-0ing Logic as well =)

I got camped out by Ally, I still haven't figured out a way to deal with a snake that runs away other than to go all out aggressive =x Cable ***** me with d-airs lol, first time we ever played in a tournament set and I knew something funky would go down lolol.

On a positive note, GREAT JUSTICE WAS HAD ON THIS DAY. I beat Cheese's IC's 2-0. Get at me =P That's all I really wanted to do anyway ^_^

There were 2-3 Wii's that I really would like a few replays uploaded from to use in the DK community combo video, so please please please let me know if you have any replays of me on your Wii? I think I saved a few of my matches on Shippo's Wii and whoever was next to him? (whichever Wii this was I believe I saved my round 1 winner's bracket set vs Grey as well as a few MM's with Jband's snake lol) I know for a fact that there was a replay on DeltaCod's Wii that I MUST have xD

They were friendlies with Ish (wolf main), but I remember getting spiked on Yoshi's then up-bing with no chance to recover- only to lagless land on the support ghost platform, into the grounded up-b glitch -> jab reset -> charged F-smash =P

Again, I would reallly appreciate if anybody can let me know of any matches they have that they can either send to me or upload personally that include the 5th best Green DK on Long Island, denoted by the tag "Will." Much love <333

ch33s3

Smash Lord
. I beat Cheese's IC's 2-0. Get at me =P That's all I really wanted to do anyway ^_^
RAWR. I'm gonna play exceedingly gay against you next time instead of playing to have fun (which is in fact, more fun, but decidedly less effective as I discovered). Igotdis next time. And it's lame we had to play round 2.

Anyways, <4

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I am way too lazy to give full shoutouts... GGs to everyone I played in tournament (Cheese, you should seriously ban brinstar in every set lmao), and it was great seeing everyone again / meeting a bunch of awesome new people :) Extra thanks to Keitaro for the ride, I appreciate it ^^

Fun friendlies with everyone, especially Nakat (Wolf vs Fox too good haha), Chibo (*****es don't know about ROB's sideB :p), and Will (... I still don't want to talk about it xD). Omari, we should get some friendlies in next tournament :D Eazy, if you want to try figuring out what it is that messes you up in tournament I'm over on Busch campus, just let me know when you're up for some Smash ;D I'll do what I can to help out, I think I have a few ideas that might help but I need to see how you play in friendlies again to pinpoint the differences :x

Inui, good job ending the tournament so early for 5 events, it was actually quite impressive. Definitely hold mid-tiers next time though :3

:059:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Ish's wolf was a lot of fun. Definitely had a different bag of tricks than [namesearch]Seagull[/namesearch], so it was exciting. Won't say either one is better than the other, just a different bag of tricks.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Cheese, you should seriously ban brinstar in every set lmao
It's not Brinstar, it's my MK, which is AWFUL. I'm working on something new for Brinstar (hopefully it'll go better). In the mean time, yes, I'm banning it. LOL.

HelpR

Smash Ace
can anyone tell me approx how many setups were used at this tourney? I wanna know as a gauge for time.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
can anyone tell me approx how many setups were used at this tourney? I wanna know as a gauge for time.
Yeah, about 12, but events were going on at the same time. When about 6 teams were left in low tier doubles, low tier singles was started. Normal doubles started while low tier singles had about 10 players left in losers. Normal singles started while there were about 4 teams left in singles.

Starting events in the middle of another event helped run this tourney on time.
any vids?

10vids
Some replays were randomly saved but no one in particular was trying to save vids to put on youtube I believe.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I saved any match possible. I'm the only person in this region that uses Cyan Yoshi. I believe I have some on Izumi's and Doom's. Izumi's were vs. Pink Fresh, I believe, and I think I saved my set with Cable on Doom's. People, pleeeeeeeeease check for any of my replays, I really want them.

Top Bottom