• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Kyle, I may stop by late that night if that's cool.

Bernard, bring my red beads if you can.

idea

Smash Master
kyle... would you ever be able to host on a monday or wednesday? =D i'd totally love to come to one of these... =\
maybe later in the summer, after june or so...the reason i never do that now is that my mom still works during the week, and smashfests during the week would make her get almost no sleep =P eventually my mom and dad are going up to the cottage, and i'll still be here, so once that happens i can start hosting during weekdays now and then.

Kyle, I may stop by late that night if that's cool.
Bernard, bring my red beads if you can.
yeah sure, not like anyone's gonna be asleep while it's still night =P

oh, this is also a good time to mention the following:

my friend + cousin are living with us for the summer, in our basement. which means...no smash down there. it's warm so we can use the upstairs back room, so i'm not worried about space, but no smash down there; they sleep at more regular hours.

BUT people can still sleep down there. they only live in a sectioned off part of the basement (it'll be obvious when you see it) so people can still sleep on the inflatable bed and whatnot down there. it just has to be an area ONLY for sleeping.

also i'm gonna request that ryan not sleep there, cause his snoring might wake them up =P

Sanu

Smash Champion
i'll probably come by late, going to a party which will probably finish around 2

expect a drunk/wasted josh

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Kyle, I'll be dropping by as well.

Any chance I could ascertain a sleeping bag so as to be impervious to wasted Sanuzis?

SolDarkness

Smash Cadet
Heyy kyle I may or may not drop by too depending on how bz I am (**** schoolwork) =/. I wont be staying the night. Also, uhh could you PM me where you live?

idea

Smash Master
i'll probably come by late, going to a party which will probably finish around 2

expect a drunk/wasted josh
Hey Kyle, I'll be attending most likely. Thanks for hosting this.
double okay

kyle il be coming as well

any chance you have teleportation? or instant transmission?
i'm studying english and philosophy. the best i can do is a copy of "the time machine" <_< which, incidentally, cost me like $4.

Kyle, I'll be dropping by as well.

Any chance I could ascertain a sleeping bag so as to be impervious to wasted Sanuzis?
wait what O_O you're in toronto?

hopefully yes, but most of the time what happens is that whoever goes to sleep takes a bed/good floor space and a bunch of blankets. this is a pretty good system, but it's kind of first come first serve, even though there are a lot of blankets. but you live so far, i'm sure i can work something out =)

(there is still gonna be space for everyone, especially since it's so warm these days, i just meant that we don't specifically have many sleeping bags...maybe one or two?)

lol and i think you just made the attendance double.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Hey, I 'm interested in coming to this smashfest at your house Idea. Can I inquire on some details such as location, format, setup, etc.?

sauc3

Smash Lord
dam this looks to be a pretty sweet turnout, I'm almost tempted to Go train it to toronto and back for the day, even tho i have work at 6am both sat and sun, how far are you from union? and is there a chance of me being picked up/dropped off? also is there room for me? haha, its prob gunna be real tough for me to make it to this.

also to whoever was askin abooot st catherines, raidos and tippr play (though mostly brawl), but they sometimes come to hamilton on weekends and play ME! so get in touch with them if you're ok with travel.

idea

Smash Master
5th of june?
yeah. heh wow. i hope i can still make that. i'm getting my wisdom teeth out on june 2nd <_<

I'll probably show up on Sunday.

What time would be convenient?
kind of hard to tell with sundays, i'm never sure when people are gonna be awake...i dunno, let's say 1:00 pm to be safe.

oh, I see how it is.
you're the only person i've ever met whose snoring will actually wake me up. that time at manalord's when we were all on the same bed, i woke up and had to go put in my headphones =P

Hey, I 'm interested in coming to this smashfest at your house Idea. Can I inquire on some details such as location, format, setup, etc.?
lol, that was so polite. i'll pm you stuff.

good point though; bring gamecubes/tvs everyone! mostly gamecubes.

dam this looks to be a pretty sweet turnout, I'm almost tempted to Go train it to toronto and back for the day, even tho i have work at 6am both sat and sun, how far are you from union? and is there a chance of me being picked up/dropped off? also is there room for me? haha, its prob gunna be real tough for me to make it to this.

also to whoever was askin abooot st catherines, raidos and tippr play (though mostly brawl), but they sometimes come to hamilton on weekends and play ME! so get in touch with them if you're ok with travel.
haha...there's definitely room for you. from union you have to subway over to victoria park station, then take the pharmacy bus north, get off at florens street and you're basically at my house. in total that takes around 45 minutes. could be a little more or less depending on how long it takes the pharmacy bus to come (not very long during normal hours, more like a 20 minute wait later at night)

about being picked up...definitely not from union...possibly from victoria park station, but you don't really have long to go from there anyway. i can ask if it's important. you're more likely to be able to get a drive back to victoria park station from my house.

sauc3

Smash Lord
haha...there's definitely room for you. from union you have to subway over to victoria park station, then take the pharmacy bus north, get off at florens street and you're basically at my house. in total that takes around 45 minutes. could be a little more or less depending on how long it takes the pharmacy bus to come (not very long during normal hours, more like a 20 minute wait later at night)

about being picked up...definitely not from union...possibly from victoria park station, but you don't really have long to go from there anyway. i can ask if it's important. you're more likely to be able to get a drive back to victoria park station from my house.
cool, I may be able to grab a ride to the brawl tourney happening in markham on saturday, which is at 7170 Warden Avenue, Unit 27, Markham, ON

it appears as though I can just take the warden 68B to warden station which is pretty close to your house. If this works, its would be legen, wait for it...

also what time are we starting cuz i could just spend the first bit of the day at the brawl tourney if need be, and I'd need to leave your place around 11,

DARY!

idea

Smash Master
warden station is very close to my house, yes.

it starts at: 3:00 PM.

don't come earlier, anyone! my friend's (young) sister is coming over cause she hasn't seen him in a while, and i don't want to scare/intimidate her by having tons of people she doesn't know here. so. 3:00 PM at the earliest. and before anyone asks, too young for you to be interested <_<

oh, but sauce, you could be an exception =P if you can only get here earlier or if it's just really inconvenient to get here at another time, then you can come earlier than 3:00. otherwise, please only come after that point.

if anyone else absolutely has to come earlier than that or their heart will be eaten by horrible bandit demons, pm me. (as opposed to the friendly type of bandit demons)

edit: the ending part of super metroid redesign is hooooooorrible =/

SolDarkness

Smash Cadet
yooo kyle, do u have space for me + possibly 2 more friends? If not, that's alrite. But if we're welcome, do u mind pming ur address. I think u missed my earlier post =/

idea

Smash Master
yeah, both of you + friends can come ^

there's not a limit, really. there is a limit on how many setups we end up having, and how much floor/bed space there is on which to sleep, but not a cap on # of people.

at this point though, i think it'd be best if someone brought a tv. we have space for one or two more. (and cubes, whoever can)

idea

Smash Master
nice =)

ryan/david/twins/someone else, could you guys bring a cube too? so far we have i think...4 tvs and two wiis/cubes. unless i've forgotten someone who posted earlier.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I feel awful! Guys, I just wanted to fit in like everyone else, and ask if I could go too.

Though... when is your guys' next big tournament?

Rikana

Smash Champion
Anyone have a universal remote? My dad picked up a 11inch'ish TV that has audio and video component jack. It's quite old - I'm assuming its old because it doesn't have TV video. It has "game mode". I can highlight game mode but can't enter it because it didn't come with a remote. I was doing a bit of research and its best to have a Philips brand universal remote. The one my dad has didn't work (not a Philips brand).

So.. if anyone has a Philips universal remote, let me know and I'll bring the TV. Its not guaranteed that it would work though. :( The TV's brand is Sylvania - a ****ty brand for all I know.

Top Bottom