• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

I.B

Smash Lord
Hopefully I'll be able to come to w/e's happening this weekend. All depends on whether I'm working on Monday or not.

Also, I just had that Double Down sandwich from KFC about an hour ago...

SO GOOD!

*dies from heart attack*

sauc3

Smash Lord
lol, only kfc would wrap bacon with deep fried chicken, just win.

im also down to play this weekend, altho if something bigger is happening next weekend or the weekend after id rather save up for that, cuz i wont have work.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
is that hard or something?
Its essentially zoning and poking from full screen. Because of Dhalsim's ability to stretch his limbs across the screen, opponents can beat his high priority moves by hitting his limbs as they retract.

Dhalsim's hard punch execution (the move that Daigo counterpoked) is probably 3 or 4 frames. The move Daigo used to set up that counter hit combo (crouching hard punch) is noticably slower.

Earlier in the match you could see him fishing for his crouching fierce from full screen, but nobody knew why he kept whiffing it from that far. Eventually, he called Arturo's poke, walked back a step then HIT IT AS IT WAS RETRACTING. He subsequently cancelled it into the hard punch version (fastest version) of Ryu's super, and it true comboed from full screen.

Hitstun gets multiplied during a counter hit (when you hit your opponent's move during its active frames), so combos that aren't normal possibly work. This is a character specific, move specific, RANGE specific punish. Its ****ing ********.

Hopefully I'll be able to come to w/e's happening this weekend. All depends on whether I'm working on Monday or not.

Also, I just had that Double Down sandwich from KFC about an hour ago...

SO GOOD!

*dies from heart attack*
I can also confirm its deliciousness. So good.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I look at the ad with disgust yet I wanna have one of these cardiac-arrest-sandwhich. I'm gonna get myself one soon.

I.B

Smash Lord
The unwritten code of ***** ethics declares that the Double-Down MUST be tried at the very least.

Ministry

Smash Ace
i tryed one today with a couple buddies

all that stood out to me was how much salt there was, besides that its just chicken and grease

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
Here lies the GTA thread; it once basked in glory, bathed in the smiles of the gods but it was not to be. This thread, which was once so alive...thwarted by this one statement...
We already have enough salt in our diet.
Is no more...

lol did no one have anything to say for a whole day D:? Or did I break an oath of silence or something.

sauc3

Smash Lord
anyone have a lense cleaning kit? my wii cant read discs anymore...

im currently running games off a usb loader, but gc games dont work on it and i wanna play melee, i have a gamecube, but i lost my copy of melee a long time ago at a tourney.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Now I shall awkwardly stroll into this thread and pretend I was here all along. Hooray.

Uh, I'm not sure who you guys are, but hi anyway. I go to UofT and I'm new to competitve SSBM even though I've been playing casually for years. I don't think I'll start going to tournaments outside of downtown Toronto until I get better but I have some good people to practice with so I might join the scene soon.

Sanu

Smash Champion
until you get better? you won't get better unless you go to tournaments and smashfests outside of downtown yo

btw tournies are a rare occurrence these days

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Well, I met some people at UofT who are better than me so I'll probably try to reach their level before traveling around for tournaments, especially since it's so convenient to play here. It's an easier starting point IMO.

idea

Smash Master
it's faster if you go to tournaments, play everyone, and don't get discouraged when they all beat you =P

honestly, it's like weight training...except you can't really overstrain yourself because instead of lifting heavy objects you're playing a video game.

but yeah, like sanuzi said, we don't have actual tournaments much these days. whenever i host a smashfest you should come to that, though. i mean, why not?

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Sure, I wouldn't mind coming if I have time. The fact that I bothered to check this thread several times in one evening kinda implies that I'm interested in joining the community. I wouldn't mind spending a Saturday here or there getting owned in various ways :p

Also, I kinda know Ryan Ford... I doubt he remembers me though. We went to the same high school but I think he's 3 years older than me. I was out of practice at the time because Brawl had just come out but I certainly wouldn't mind playing him again, even if the outcome is rather predictable.

Sanu

Smash Champion
**** i hate my teeth :( braces coming off soon too, but they just don't feel ready... when i clench my jaw, i feel like one of my top teeth slightly rubs against the one of my bottom teeth, so annoying

they haven't been shifting at all for the past 3ish months though ugh

idea

Smash Master
imma try to host as soon as possible. hopefully next weekend but there could be a lot of reasons that wouldn't be possible. we'll see.

unknown522

Some guy
Sure, I wouldn't mind coming if I have time. The fact that I bothered to check this thread several times in one evening kinda implies that I'm interested in joining the community. I wouldn't mind spending a Saturday here or there getting owned in various ways :p

Also, I kinda know Ryan Ford... I doubt he remembers me though. We went to the same high school but I think he's 3 years older than me. I was out of practice at the time because Brawl had just come out but I certainly wouldn't mind playing him again, even if the outcome is rather predictable.
woah, you went to ward? Who are you?

also, I'm probably only 2 years older if you graduated.

imma try to host as soon as possible. hopefully next weekend but there could be a lot of reasons that wouldn't be possible. we'll see.
Tell your mom that I said to get better soon!

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
God I feel so old...

Hope your mom feels better as well Kyle, she seems like a very nice and happy lady lol.

There is probably gonna be a smashfest in Burlington at Asian Mike's if anyone is interested? lol. Though I dunno if I am allowed to extend the invitation...I'll get back to ya.

@Eternal - Yo, there's absolutely no reason to feel the need to seclude yourself to get better before you show yourself openly to the community. The people in this community are freaking amazing; they'll help you get better a lot faster (not that I am discounting the skill of the people you met in UoT) but these people will definitely give you the passion you need to improve at a ridiculous rate. I'm not saying I'm awesome or anything yet either, I just have enjoyed the amount of improvement I've seen over the last 3 months having only STARTED competitive smash this January (Brawl ~.~) then moving on to Melee 3 months ago. What you'll need is the passion, and a multitude of people to give you ideas and show you different skills to add to your own. You are in like, the golden spot to learn/play/take advantage so just jump on the train without looking =P; it's not as scary as you think, and there are no ninjas...just *****s.

idea

Smash Master
alright, so as far as i can tell, i just shouldn't vote for rob ford. he seems like kind of an *******. anti-gay (well not explicitly), racist, pro-football. lol. and he just sounds like an idiot too. plus all my more politically-minded friends have told me not to vote for him.

Top Bottom