• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
THE AVATAR THEME FOR RIGHT NOW IS POKEMON

CAN BE ANYTHING POKEMON RELATED

BUT IT HAS TO BE POKEMON RELATED SOMEHOW NONE OF THIS OBSCURE WELL SEE I'M PLAYING SMASH AS LUIGI AND WE'RE ON POKEMON STADIUM NO **** THAT NONE OF THAT WEAK SH*T

i

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Sheik? I think Vince wants to win, Bernard... Besides, Vince can play many characters probably, Sheik yes, but he could work more easily with some other chars imo.
Sheik is capable of winning. David is a rapist. That's a good enough example I think.

Marth wouldn't surprise me.
I forgot he plays Marth. I change my answer to this instead.

THE AVATAR THEME FOR RIGHT NOW IS POKEMON

CAN BE ANYTHING POKEMON RELATED

BUT IT HAS TO BE POKEMON RELATED SOMEHOW NONE OF THIS OBSCURE WELL SEE I'M PLAYING SMASH AS LUIGI AND WE'RE ON POKEMON STADIUM NO **** THAT NONE OF THAT WEAK SH*T

i
I kind of like the Disney villians theme though. Pokemon is so overplayed nowadays. It's on everyone's mind.

Who the **** knows what to do when Jafar pops up in a thread. *****ES DON'T KNOOOOW

idea

Smash Master
my first instinct was actually marth too, but then i remembered i'd seen him playing sheik in teams.

i'm fine with either theme, tell me when there's more consensus <_<

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sheik is capable of winning. David is a rapist. That's a good enough example I think.
I used to think that too, until I realized David keeps losing to spacies. All I hear is possible this, could that, homo here and there, etc. Where's the 1st position? I mean, I was a David fan cuz I thought he was Sheikawesome, but yeah... what I said.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I used to think that too, until I realized David keeps losing to spacies. All I hear is possible this, could that, homo here and there, etc. Where's the 1st position? I mean, I was a David fan cuz I thought he was Sheikawesome, but yeah... what I said.
It's because I suck and am bad at this game.

idea

Smash Master
why do you always do that? is it a reverse psychology self-esteem sort of thing?

i don't think you honestly believe you're "bad" at this game. either that or you have an excessively conservative understanding of what it means to be "good." if, for instance, only 5-10 people in the world can be called "good" at it then that is not how humans tend to use the word "good." that is far too small a range. and the word is supposed to be relative.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I mostly do it to annoy RaynEX and Unknown.

Because I'll like miss an U-smash as a result of an unintentional FJ and I'll be like "OMG how do you guys do that I can never do that it's soooooooo hard". Or I'll miss a Bair offstage and be like "OMG I can never do that, it's sooooooo hard" even if I just did it 7 times in the past 5 minutes and they all were perfect.

It's mostly just idle banter. With the fun side effect of ruffling feathers. And it's mostly harmless.

In that specific moment, it was directed at Reggie because people (particularly Canadians) overrate me immensely. Like, when Bernie and Ryan call me the best Sheik. I'm flattered, honestly, I am. But I'm really not that good. It's fun to play around with that joke though. Makes for some interesting conversations.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Also, let's just do Disney Villains.

If the rest of Canada follow suit then sure but they're still deciding if it's gen 1 only or whatever.

Overlap I don't care. There are enough so that this shouldn't be an issue but if two people ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE JAFAR then whatever. Work it out yourselves.

I picked Yzma.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
couldnt decide if i wanted to go with the carton Hook or the one from the "Hook" movie, one of my favorites of all time.

david who do u think is the best sheik?

Geist

Smash Master
There's enough Disney villains that there shouldn't be overlaps. But w.e.
I picked Hades because James Woods is amazing :D

idea

Smash Master
david - okay. that makes sense. you just do that so often that i was beginning to think you meant it. silly community <_<

in that case, why do ryan and bernard do that so much? especially bernard...with ryan he's sometimes in a bad mood or something, but with bernard it can just come out of nowhere.

jpobs - cartoon hook. it looks better if they're all cartoons.

unknown522

Some guy
Ryan get off my account lol

I think it slipped out of my pocket. I need it back asap. When can I get it?
I'm gonna stay on your account forever! Do modly things on it.

Was it the key to your heart? :awesome:
never! No one gets the key to my heart!

whats up toronto I need to play you guys to get some good practice with my new main before rom 3. what would be the best weekend for you guys to host a smashfest ?
*looks at david*

Also, it's marth.

he doesn't only lose to spacies. Maybe in locals, but I'm pretty sure that's more of a player thing.

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah Frollo was my second choice

David's sheik is guaranteed in the top 5
M2K would probably be better more because he's M2K than anything else.

Who are the other sheiks David has to worry about
Vans
Drephen
Amsah
Tec0?
I don't really know my sheiks too well

idea

Smash Master
oh, that explains it. i haven't seen toy story 3 yet.

imo...

1. Mew2king
2. Amsah
3. Kirbykaze

david i think knows the character better than amsah, but amsah seems to be a better player overall. and then m2k is just m2k, somehow at the top of the metagame with all 3 of his characters. except maybe fox.

Geist

Smash Master
lolwut that's not lotso

I agree with 1. M2K 2. Amsah 3. KirbyKaze
But David skyrocketed up to his level
It's only a matter of time before he's the best imo

unknown522

Some guy
just downloaded scott pilgram and the social network (both DVD rips). Gonna watch them tonight.

Also, can't really think of any disney movies I like all that much.

So I'm still Daisukenojo Bito (Beat)

Top Bottom