• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

sauc3

Smash Lord
GUYS [Ryan, Bernard, Kurtis]

my mom said we can use her credit card. (take that jack, lolol)

BUT

you need to give her/me the money beforehand.

soo get on that so we can buy the tickets. if you want i can pick a day next week when people can come over. (can all of you come on a weekday or does it need to be a weekend?)

probably; yes.
um, i'm in london till tues, and I'm curling wednesday, and i doubt id be able to leave for toronto thurs/friday cuz i just got back.

also is this like a smashfest or a meeting? cuz me spending 25$ to give you 25$ seems silly if its just for that. If its just a meeting then could someone just cover me till the tourney then I'll just pay their entry or w/e?

if it is a smashfest, i can prob come on the weekend, in fact there's a brawl tourney in toronto this weekend that i may go to, so thats an option.

also i dont really have access to the internet as much as usual, so if I dont respond right away then sry.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Me and Nicknyte may be plannin a visit up here soon!.. just thought i'd drop by in this thread and get any info I could.. ^^

Pokemon is awesome weon ^^ lol

C 3

Smash Ace
ok so i started pokemon red the other day and i'd like to know what is the best team
btw im a noob

so far i have slowbro level 46 with confusion headbutt ice beam and amnesia (its amazing)
charizanis level 46 with slash rage ember and flamethrower
gyarados level 31 with splash (LOL) dragon rage bite and surf
nidoking level 30 with focus energy strength poison sting and horn atack
farfetch'd level 17 as a cut and fly slave
kadabra level 45 with pyschic confusion recover and pybeam

any tips?

edit: david your advice was very helpful, thanks for telling me about amnesia im sure ryan had mentioned it when we were on the train but i couldn't remember well.

i have a staryu but i dont know what skills to use with her.
Hitmonlee is an essential to any and every team

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
anything thats psychic type is automatically good

anything thats weak to psychic is automatically bad (excluding gengar)

those are the 2 basic rules of pokemon rby

Ministry

Smash Ace
um, i'm in london till tues, and I'm curling wednesday, and i doubt id be able to leave for toronto thurs/friday cuz i just got back.

also is this like a smashfest? cuz me spending 25$ to give you 25$ just seems silly if its just for that. If its just a meeting then could someone just cover me till the tourney then I'll just pay their entry or w/e?

if it is a smashfest, i can prob come on the weekend, in fact there's a brawl tourney in toronto this weekend that i may go to, so thats an option.

also i dont really have access to the internet as much as usual, so if I dont respond right away then sry.
this is why im hesitant to buy tickets for everyone. i might be in ottawa and if i cant go i need to spend 80 dollars to get to Toronto to collect the money then 80 dollars to get back. so im down 80 dollars to pick up money doesnt make sense. i might just buy a ticket for me and if i cant go im down 20, but if i get everyone's im down more than 80

if i was positive on when i was moving then i would of already bought u guys tickets. sorry about that, kinda failed u guys.

idea

Smash Master

also is this like a smashfest? cuz me spending 25$ to give you 25$ just seems silly if its just for that. If its just a meeting then could someone just cover me till the tourney then I'll just pay their entry or w/e?

you live far from me, so i can pay for you myself and you can owe me the cost (instead of owing my mom).

hmm...i definitely don't have time for a smashfest this weekend. i have an essay due monday (well, that's when i'm handing it in anyway <_<) and i'm not very far on it yet.

ryan and bernard, you guys gotta contact me or something.

so far i have slowbro level 46 with confusion headbutt ice beam and amnesia (its amazing)

any tips?

if you're gonna keep use gyarados then don't give it too many water moves, cause water moves are all special type and gyarados only has high physical attack.
oh, okay then.

staryu will become something good.

also yeah, psychic types are good, and so is gengar.

things with a high special stat are good in general. because...for physical, you have an attack stat, and a defense stat. for special, your "special" stat counts as both special attack and special defense. therefore anything with high special gets TWO high stats for the price of one. (that's also why amnesia is good)

and lol

Me and Nicknyte may be plannin a visit up here soon!.. just thought i'd drop by in this thread and get any info I could.. ^^

Pokemon is awesome weon ^^ lol
hi. just tell us when and we can figure out housing/organize a smashfest around you :bee:

if i was positive on when i was moving then i would of already bought u guys tickets. sorry about that, kinda failed u guys.
'sfine

Germs Lady

Smash Cadet
IF WE CAN GET 2,500+ VOTES BY 12PM on SUNDAY (This will get us in the top ten), Video & Link to Vote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xrwlFyX9IM

We will host a Live-Stream Chat Session at 6PM On SUNDAY - DURING THIS LIVE STREAM -----We will Release “THE GENESIS HYPE TRAILER” Release Date

Love,
GERMs LaDY

Here is the link to the Live-Stream Chat Channel: Go to the website called “Stickam” and Search “Germslady”

lol, 100, 000$ for first, better than smash i guess.

also just sat and stared at the ceiling for 7.5 hrs, this is day 3 now, how do i get to sleep.

unknown522

Some guy
ok so i started pokemon red the other day and i'd like to know what is the best team
btw im a noob

any tips?

edit: david your advice was very helpful, thanks for telling me about amnesia im sure ryan had mentioned it when we were on the train but i couldn't remember well.

Yeah so ultimately broke teams:

- slowbro (amesia, surf, psychic, ice beam?)
- tauros (blizzard, body slam, earthquake, hyper beam)
- exeggutor (psychic, sleep powder, mega drain, double edge) / or articuno (ice beam/blizzard, reflect, double edge/hyper beam, agility?)
- rhydon (earthquake, rock slide, body slam, substitute)
- some pokemon with other HMs
- krabby

You could use snorlax instead of tauros with amesia, thunderbolt/surf, body slam, ice beam
also, if you want to use zapdos as well, I suggest Thunderbolt, drill peck, agility, 4th move

Also, did you not do the mew glitch?

Gengar is broken (no STAB [same type attack boost] moves though, but mad fast hypnosis is broke). Chansey too (damn her counter and massive special/hp stat).

Pokemon you can use slash with:
- persian
- dugtrio

Also, if you want to keep charizard in your party; then run (swords dance, earthquake, fire blast/flamethrower, body slam/hyper beam)

If you're gonna use kadabra/alakazam, run reflect on it. It's a must.

anything thats psychic type is automatically good

anything thats weak to psychic is automatically bad (excluding gengar)

those are the 2 basic rules of pokemon rby
this

Anyone pokemon with Amnesia, Recover, Reflect/Barrier, and some special attack like Psychic will **** in R/B/Y.
this

Gichan

Smash Champion
The DSi XL is still such a beast ssytem in my eyes and I don't feel it's worth it to get 3DS just yet, for me personally. there's still sooo much **** to play from the DS library that I haven't touched yet like pokemon black or white, Nostalgia, Plants vs Zombies, suikoden tierkreis, knights in the nightmare, okamiden, so much more i can't recall off the top of my head.

But once animal crossing comes out for 3DS, and/or Paper Mario, that's when I'll be ****ing itching to get it lol. None of the launch window games appeal to me strongly yet, except kid icarus, and to some extent Cave Story and Rabbids travel in time (it's a platformer! Sounds interesting).

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whatever I still have the super old DS, if it gets significantly better then I'll get a new one I guess lol. At least the first gen 3DS should work with any cracks people make for it rofl.

I hope the street fighter for the DS is decent enough. That might keep me interested until Zelda and Kid Icarus comes out...

Gichan

Smash Champion
man you might as well play ssfiv on 360/ps3. I don't see why there's actually hype for the 3ds port of it. I guess that's just me cause I can't imagine not playing ssfiv without a stick. hell I cannot imagine the RSF with el fuerte on the 3ds lolol.

That old DS (the fat grey one) is such a ****ing beast. Nothing can break it lol.

idea

Smash Master
i'm kind of with josh and andy. even though they said different things. the first gen will be inferior and have a worse battery and so on, but it will probably work better and sooner with R4-like things. also they're going to be in short supply, overpriced, and there aren't going to be many games to play for a while. so...i guess i'll get one in a year or so.

also my ds lite's L-button has basically stopped working. i think ryan's the same, must be a common problem.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Vigilance is does not tap when you attack right? I don't know all the new abilities these days. I've stopped playing when Urza's Legacy came out.. before all the OP cards started to come out lol.
lol, you realise the banlists consists of like 90% of alpha? xD

the only modern banned card is skullclamp lol as far as i know

btw im a noob

any tips?

lol, RBY metagame is so lawls. special is hax

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
man you might as well play ssfiv on 360/ps3. I don't see why there's actually hype for the 3ds port of it. I guess that's just me cause I can't imagine not playing ssfiv without a stick. hell I cannot imagine the RSF with el fuerte on the 3ds lolol.

That old DS (the fat grey one) is such a ****ing beast. Nothing can break it lol.
Lol true, but if I had the time to sit down and actually play the real SSFIV or BB or Smash then I would...:c

unknown522

Some guy
i'm kind of with josh and andy. even though they said different things. the first gen will be inferior and have a worse battery and so on, but it will probably work better and sooner with R4-like things. also they're going to be in short supply, overpriced, and there aren't going to be many games to play for a while. so...i guess i'll get one in a year or so.

also my ds lite's L-button has basically stopped working. i think ryan's the same, must be a common problem.
blow on your L-button. It'll start working again.

The reason for the L and/or R buttons not working is because if you keep it in your pocket, or a closed space too long then dust, lint, etc gets into the spaces in the button. So you need to blow them out of the way of the buttons (or open it with a tri-wing and clean it).

idea

Smash Master
thanks ryan, that worked...immediately. way better than the same method with NES cartridges.

i wonder if it's just us two or if it's usually the L-button? maybe we could use the data on which button is more common to determine how most people put DS's into their pockets. and we could use the disabled button to predict whether someone is right- or left-handed.

trivial science.

Rikana

Smash Champion
lol I remember the L button not functioning problem I had many years ago.. I literally stopped playing my DS for a year because of it. I found the answer, which is to blow in the gaps of your L button, and started playing again.. The solution was so simple which made me feel so stupid because I could've been playing my DS all that time. But, it was kind of hard to find the answer because all I found was "L button cracked; hinges cracked, left hinges cracked, etc" I was really thankful for such a simple answer lol.

Germs Lady

Smash Cadet

unknown522

Some guy
^ np m'lady.

thanks ryan, that worked...immediately. way better than the same method with NES cartridges.

i wonder if it's just us two or if it's usually the L-button? maybe we could use the data on which button is more common to determine how most people put DS's into their pockets. and we could use the disabled button to predict whether someone is right- or left-handed.

trivial science.
lol I remember the L button not functioning problem I had many years ago.. I literally stopped playing my DS for a year because of it. I found the answer, which is to blow in the gaps of your L button, and started playing again.. The solution was so simple which made me feel so stupid because I could've been playing my DS all that time. But, it was kind of hard to find the answer because all I found was "L button cracked; hinges cracked, left hinges cracked, etc" I was really thankful for such a simple answer lol.
Np. I got that info from rikana one time after a York smashfest. So thank him.

Also, both my buttons don't work properly.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Where can I buy brand new GC controllers?

Also, does anyone own a "fake" GC controller? The ones that aren't branded Nintendo but look exactly like a GC? How do those feel? I need a brand new GC controller for my N64 emulation.

The ones I have are worn down from Melee and have loose wires (loose enough for the computer to detect the buttons being pressed without me actually pressing it but isn't loose enough for me to play Melee with it interfering).

Np. I got that info from rikana one time after a York smashfest. So thank him.

Also, both my buttons don't work properly.
Why are you quoting me and talking to me in third person? LOL.

Edit: Oh, I figured out you meant to quote Kyle.

Edit again: It says brand new on his ebay page.. http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/vgm/2267245960.htmlsdk3 but how can it be brand new when the picture clearly shows that it doesn't have a box.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...ation-Gamecube-Controllers-W0QQAdIdZ183466826 GC controllers for $10 each for anyone that wants it. Dunno the condition and such though.

idea

Smash Master
you could try random EB games...i got some good used gc controllers from one of those once. and if you can find a gamecube still in the box anywhere it'll come with a controller.

Top Bottom