• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Windrose

Smash Lord
I have some networks with e3...

some people have also been to mlg so they might as well.

Kurtis, do you want to play today at my place? If you get one more person we can have 4 people at my place!

:phone:

idea

Smash Master
edit: ryan or david...should i still come over <_< posted about it earlier, i guess no one's checked the boards

-------------

lol, i like that guy, i watch him stream stuff sometimes. but usually i miss it and end up watching the highlights on youtube later.

watch his videos of garfield. and...cheetahmen i think. there are probably more.

and definitely watch his playthrough of amnesia, it's hilarious. i've never seen someone so scared of a video game.
...speaking of which, there's a new once since i last checked =D

Windrose

Smash Lord
EDIT: I also rewatched FLCL....there's just something about this anime that makes me feel so...something

The end makes me feel not sad...but not happy either

This must be what LOVE is!

Windrose

Smash Lord
how would we get there xD

i'm gonna be in summer school and working so taking off a week would be a hassle
Well I don't know who "we" is but I was just planning on going to california for a summer vacation in july and it also happened that genesis was happening. and there's some other things I wanted to do while i was there

idea

Smash Master
some sort of melee tourney at A&C games on sunday june 5th. i kind of don't want anyone to go because then i will win :bee: but i'd feel bad not even mentioning it.

Windrose

Smash Lord
some sort of melee tourney at A&C games on sunday june 5th. i kind of don't want anyone to go because then i will win :bee: but i'd feel bad not even mentioning it.
woahhh, sharing is caring xD I want to go =D Promoting events is the cool thing to do. Winning is overrated

Anyone going to ZENNIITTHHH!!?!?!?
What is that? :O

so it looks like there IS melee at anime north, but...they won't tell me what day it is <_<
The schedule isn't out yet I think....I didn't check the anime north website in a while. Last year it was on a saturday in the hotel. There weren't any CRT TVs and they played with 2 stocks random stage only. Anth0ny and Cyan were there. Tyrant wolf ran the tournament and Tin Man was trying to hype up really bad matches where people didn't L-cancel or anything. (most of the players were brawl players that just entered the melee tournament)

Aside from all that, we should still go kyle and just wreck this (and by we i mean you). Show those kids why melee is a great game while brawl is like soft core ecchi.

idea

Smash Master
1. well one person i know is fine, that's just a good grand finals =P
2. yeah, i couldn't find it anywhere, so i asked people in the anime north facebook group. sounds like it's actually
>>>>SATURDAY.<<<<<

if any of the people who read this thread go...wanna bring a crt tv guys? would be cool.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
iw as there last year and pplayed melee on the sat. i don't recall if it was a CRT or not, but it was lagless. i would recall cuz i john about laggy tvs all the time :awesome::laugh:

there was also only one set up >_> so we played doubles most of the time with losers switching off. team guelph owned (Y) haha

idea

Smash Master
lol, so...there's one asian girl in my class that i've been meaning to talk to...and there are two asian girls in this class in total...but i only want to talk to one of them.

here's the problem: only one of those two is here today...and i can't tell which one it is <_<

sauc3

Smash Lord
lol, so...there's one asian girl in my class that i've been meaning to talk to...and there are two asian girls in this class in total...but i only want to talk to one of them.

here's the problem: only one of those two is here today...and i can't tell which one it is <_<
how would you know afterwards if you picked the right girl? does it matter if u really can't tell the difference.

can't you talk to both of them? its just talking :p

also if ur trollin, wp

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Nah, I wanted to go sooo badly. I tried to find tickets from Megabus, but one way to NY was $95 back in december. I couldn't find tickets to NJ either.

I would go if I had a ride, or if I magically find some cheap craigslist tickets or something.
Man you are going to be missing some mad hype matches...

idea

Smash Master
nah not trolling =P i just already decided which one i was going to like, seek out. if either of them happened to sit near me or something then it wouldn't matter. that's unlikely though, since there are probably about 50 seats in here.

anyway, it was definitely the one that came in late =) although the other one is hotter. lol silly brain

what's zenith?

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Anime North Website said:
Our Video Gaming Schedule includes:
>> BYOC LAN Party
CounterStrike: Source
Left 4 Dead 2
Team Fortress 2
Starcraft 2
League of Legends
>> Console Gaming
Blazblue: Continuum Shift
Blur (XBOX)
Dragonball: Raging Blast 2 (XBOX)
Mortal Kombat
Pokemon Battle Rev
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV TOURNAMENT
Super Turbo HD Remix
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Rock Band Idol 2011
http://angaming.ca/?page_id=578

I don't see Melee on this list.

idea

Smash Master
http://angaming.ca/?page_id=954

^that's what the organizer of the group gave me...and it's the official AN 2011 facebook group

still waiting to see if that's current for this year, but he seems to think it is.

i'll admit that yours looks more concrete...my guess is it'll be like previous years, yes melee, but not many setups and whatnot.

Windrose

Smash Lord
1. well one person i know is fine, that's just a good grand finals =P
2. yeah, i couldn't find it anywhere, so i asked people in the anime north facebook group. sounds like it's actually
>>>>SATURDAY.<<<<<

if any of the people who read this thread go...wanna bring a crt tv guys? would be cool.
I could bring CRT Tv....but I don't think it'll be worth it to leave it there the whole day...
I don't really trust the punk kids that play brawl

iw as there last year and pplayed melee on the sat. i don't recall if it was a CRT or not, but it was lagless. i would recall cuz i john about laggy tvs all the time :awesome::laugh:

there was also only one set up >_> so we played doubles most of the time with losers switching off. team guelph owned (Y) haha
Hmm, that's weird because I was there last year and there weren't CRTs and there were 2 setups. Maybe you came like after the tournament or something. I kinda just left half way through the tournament cuz my friend was waiting for me to do something and I was getting sick of not being able to L-cancel and playing with 2 stocks per match on random which always ended up on fountain of dreams.

nah not trolling =P i just already decided which one i was going to like, seek out. if either of them happened to sit near me or something then it wouldn't matter. that's unlikely though, since there are probably about 50 seats in here.

anyway, it was definitely the one that came in late =) although the other one is hotter. lol silly brain

what's zenith?
Kyle, you have nothing to worry about. Just go up to her and be confident, "Hi there, you might recognize me...I'm IDEA from youtube. Don't worry you can have my autograph, but first let's go get a hotel room somewhere so we can REST. I love resting."

http://angaming.ca/?page_id=954

^that's what the organizer of the group gave me...and it's the official AN 2011 facebook group

still waiting to see if that's current for this year, but he seems to think it is.

i'll admit that yours looks more concrete...my guess is it'll be like previous years, yes melee, but not many setups and whatnot.
Yeah I found that list off a link from this page.

So, it should be accurate for this year.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO plz let there be melee :(.

Btw, it seems like it's only kyle and jack that are able to go to anime north?

idea

Smash Master
i don't have confidence issues =P i just thought it was funny that i couldn't really tell the one apart from the other. (also lol)

meta is probably going to AN too.

sauc3

Smash Lord
Kyle, you have nothing to worry about. Just go up to her and be confident, "Hi there, you might recognize me...I'm IDEA from youtube. Don't worry you can have my autograph, but first let's go get a hotel room somewhere so we can REST. I love resting."
i love you david

JPOBS

Smash Hero
if you can't tell them apart kyle then clearly you haven't made up your mind about which one you even "like" lol

Top Bottom