• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Cyan_

Smash Lord
oh wow didn't even remember there being a tourney
was it on saturday? i recall seeing tameka and adnan there but i don't recall a tourney...
i got there a bit late tho, like, 10am? so maybe it was over lol
there wasnt any prize though...well not that i know of

Windrose

Smash Lord
Fun times when you are bored:

Place bets with a friend on lvl9 computers in stamina mode.

WHO WILL WIN??? GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ICE CLIMBERS (they know how to split O_O)

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I just read the most hilarious thing.

At KTAR 5, a Brawl tournament, players split, and got caught. Apparently it was against the rules, and like soccer, they're enforcing "red cards" and "yellow cards" now and archiving offending players.

What a joke.

Ministry

Smash Ace
I just read the most hilarious thing.

At KTAR 5, a Brawl tournament, players split, and got caught. Apparently it was against the rules, and like soccer, they're enforcing "red cards" and "yellow cards" now and archiving offending players.

What a joke.
suitable for the game.

idea

Smash Master
that's one of those things where they've forgotten the point

rules at tourneys are supposed to help keep everything fun for everyone and avoid arguments

when it's both fun and there's a mutual agreement on what to do, and it doesn't subtract from anyone else's fun, there's no reason to enforce a rule for it.

edit: fun in a general sense. whether or not brawl itself is actually fun is debatable <____<

Windrose

Smash Lord
Brawl is kinda like soccer you're right. Low scoring, tie games!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK-gUXl7usc

EDIT: why's your money on luigi/peach ryan? They don't know how to play normal btw. So peach's not gonna crouch cancel or dsmash all day =S.
I think marth's my other bet cuz computers can space jabs pretty well xD The best part of doing this is cuz you'll never know!! sometimes **** just happens and it's just so funny yelling at computers like you're gambling at a horse track or w/e

(reminds me of that simpsons episode where krusty tries to desperately get some money at the horse track by betting a horse. during the race he's yelling at the horse which catches its attention and the horse stops running and goes over to krusty to lick his face ROFL! "NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!! RUNN!!! RUN!!!!, NO DON'T COME OVER HERE!!! *rips ticket*")

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
can't wait for anime north

so hypeeeddddd

i'll be bringing a friend who's decent in melee but doesn't care enough to travel with me anymore lol. if you guys wanna play him let me know =D

Rice2go

Smash Rookie
god damnit its so dead here... uber sucks not being able to drive.

theres like 2 other people in Niagara...
lol, i go to school in brock, come september we can def play, i been kinda inactive cuz of job/school. if u wanna play during the school year lemme know.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
can anyone hook anth0ny and I with Anime North weekend or fri/sat passes? can't buy them online anymore and dont wanna wait in line for an hour there

unknown522

Some guy
Brawl is kinda like soccer you're right. Low scoring, tie games!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK-gUXl7usc

EDIT: why's your money on luigi/peach ryan? They don't know how to play normal btw. So peach's not gonna crouch cancel or dsmash all day =S.
I think marth's my other bet cuz computers can space jabs pretty well xD The best part of doing this is cuz you'll never know!! sometimes **** just happens and it's just so funny yelling at computers like you're gambling at a horse track or w/e
just like in normal melee, everything's unsafe on hit vs peach at low percent. She n-airs you back every time you hit her with a jab/tilt/aerial. And computers LOVE to jab.

Luigi and yoshi too.

Windrose

Smash Lord
That was happy days homer!
No marge, they were all happy days. ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

@Ryan, I see. what about gannon? I've been doing well so far bidding on gannon, all those up-bs timed frame perfect is pretty good.

Unrelated but funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owv7dGlPt8g
AWW THE DENVER BRONCOS Rofl.

unknown522

Some guy
yeah, ganon's pretty damn good. He does so much damage with single moves.

Also, I just started reading the "Hajime no Ippo" manga. This is gonna take a while.

they're on chapter 936 right now, and I'm on chapter 6, lol

idea

Smash Master
lol, no one here plays brawl

i watched it anyway but there wasn't a "go to this point to see what i mean" or anything so i didn't know what i was looking at. if you're going to post a whole match to demonstrate one technique, you should say what part actually shows that technique.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i have no idea lmfao. guess we've just never talked about it. lots of people in our community dont drink to any appreciable extent

JPOBS

Smash Hero
lol you're wack when ur drunk wanna MM when I get back? we each take 5-7 shots then its time to go to work!!

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
i have no idea lmfao. guess we've just never talked about it. lots of people in our community dont drink to any appreciable extent
I'd be down to drink and run some Melee.

I tried this once with a friend. For every stock you lost, you took a shot of vodka or rum. It was pretty fun.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Visiting this thread for the first time in a week and I lol'd. I've joked about drunken Melee before, it honestly sounds like fun. Sounds like an activity for Anime North...

idea

Smash Master
okay so, for anime north, unless i've forgotten someone...

friday: anthony, cyan
saturday: jack, david, anthony, cyan
sunday: meta

james - some day(s), dunno which

given this it makes sense for me to use my cell for once. so:
416-9seven0 4five65

Top Bottom