• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

unknown522

Some guy
Get a job as a video game tester. I always thought you would really excel at that.
I hear the job sucks. But maybe.

Yeah, sure. Come on MSN and I'll give you the account pw.

Also thanks; hopefully I'll like one and can actually practice hard for the next little while ;_;.
Alright, tmrw. I doubt the internet will be on much longer tonight.

Also, Raynex (hope you namesearch this). My phone is dead so I dunno if you tried to call. I'll give you a call later in the day.

Rikana

Smash Champion
David, you totally ignored my question lol.

Anyone interested in starting RO again? I'm probably gonna play talonRO.

Bing

Smash Master
Dude havent you ever seen Grandma's Boy? How could that job suck?

Btw I havent been able to find my spare controller since the last tournament, Its black with a Monster Energy drink sticker on the middle :p

Also is anyone hosting this weekend? I might come up for some smash :p

And Another question. Is Marth's Bair safe? I tend to use it a lot, especially for edge guarding... any thoughts?

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I heard it sucks too, but that it's easy to get a job as one because of the high turnover rate. I know testing things for WoW is like pulling teeth >_> On live I get like 30ms or so. On the test realms I get 800+ at least and everything is bugged, including the login system sometimes lol. That's why I stopped PTR ages ago

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
And Another question. Is Marth's Bair safe? I tend to use it a lot, especially for edge guarding... any thoughts?
Everything Marth does can be safe if you're spaced. Similarly, everything Marth does can be unsafe if you're not spaced.

So the answer is... sometimes.

Bing

Smash Master
Everything Marth does can be safe if you're spaced. Similarly, everything Marth does can be unsafe if you're not spaced.

So the answer is... sometimes.
Alright then Another question... Does the F-Throw to F-smash at low percentage actually work? generally when I do it, it gets shielded, but like... my only target I've used it on is a Ganon.... So Im thinking it might have a different result on spacies?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Space animals hit the ground faster than Ganon. Because they're fast fallers.

Based on that information, I want you to tell me the answer to that question.

Like, think. Please.

Bing

Smash Master
I ask these questions for advice, not so that you can treat me like a moron. So thank you for your answer David. I was kinda hoping for some actual advice from people I respect and trust.

weon - X

Smash Ace
f throw f smash hits on floaties at low % if they DI wrong, you can land a tipper on spacies if they dont tech after 10% (pretty sure u can react to the tech roll) u can also hit a tipper on them if they DI wrong (inwards) at killing %. (90+ not sure)

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
LOL bing how did anyone treat you like a moron?

alsooooo i might be in scarborough area tmrw night visiting my gf... and depending how well that goes the visit might end quickly LOL.... so in saying that, anyone in the area free to smash? i don't relaly feel like going to hamilton for the fest unless kurtis might show up? lol name search: sauc3 (Y)

looking at ryan here ;) you said your phone died... do you have a cell phone now!?!?

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
I ask these questions for advice, not so that you can treat me like a moron. So thank you for your answer David. I was kinda hoping for some actual advice from people I respect and trust.
I'd go so far as to think David is giving you the benefit of the doubt; he thinks you can answer the question yourself. Now if he thought you were a REAL moron, he'd just answer it and then say "moron."

Dunno why you got defensive after he did half the work for you on something that is somewhat in your face. You trust and respect him, that's cool but like...asking every question under the sun without thinking up your own answer first? Come on Bing, you're better than that I hope.

At least people who assume wrong have ventured a guess.

Edit: Jack...the way that sounded...are you a one pump chump ?!

unknown522

Some guy
LOL bing how did anyone treat you like a moron?

alsooooo i might be in scarborough area tmrw night visiting my gf... and depending how well that goes the visit might end quickly LOL.... so in saying that, anyone in the area free to smash? i don't relaly feel like going to hamilton for the fest unless kurtis might show up? lol name search: sauc3 (Y)

looking at ryan here ;) you said your phone died... do you have a cell phone now!?!?
house phone.

lol, that sucks.

sauc3

Smash Lord
trusting david? o.O

jack, im gunna be in hamilton this weekend and the fest is friday, ur welcome to come tho its mostly brawl. i don't know what day you're post was for. i'm also gunna be there tonight and u can come for some hyperbolic if u want.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
notttt quiteeeee.... just some stufffffffff going on

house phone.

lol, that sucks.
how'd your home phone "die"? o_O

jack, im gunna be in hamilton this weekend and the fest is friday, ur welcome to come tho its mostly brawl. i don't know what day you're post was for. i'm also gunna be there tonight and u can come for some hyperbolic if u want.
yeah i was talking about friday. didn't see you on msn wasn't sure when you'd check the boards. i might not come this friday then since it's brawl

as far as marth's fthrow... no one uses it except to throw them off the stage... and you react on their DI
-hard survival DI in range -> fsmash
-DI away -> fsmash
-DI down away -> dtilt maybe other tilts/follow fair

etc... marth can't go wrong off stage when edgeguarding :p

JPOBS

Smash Hero
My marth is a baller now, Imma **** everyone (spacies) up when i play u guys. which will be in like november.

but seriously. my marth, yall aint ready.

Windrose

Smash Lord
trusting david? o.O

damn....we were going to host a melee smash fest too......so what's gonna happen? text me...should we just go to your place? or ...do you wanna come for some melee?

Top Bottom