• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

unknown522

Some guy
been reading the posts.

But yeah, if europe is taking the crew battle seriously and wants to try to win, I'm not gonna participate now that my controller broke. There are players that are better than me now thanks to that, so I think I'd just be a liability now and ruin whatever chances of winning there are (if any :/).

Also, bernard would probably lose to amsah at his current state. Unless if amsah hasn't been practicing either.

Edit: @ camilo. Why were you down? Need a pat on the back?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
at founders college there are some really good controllers that might work for you, im sure theyd let you borrow them

Ministry

Smash Ace
been reading the posts.

But yeah, if europe is taking the crew battle seriously and wants to try to win, I'm not gonna participate now that my controller broke. There are players that are better than me now thanks to that, so I think I'd just be a liability now and ruin whatever chances of winning there are (if any :/).

Also, bernard would probably lose to amsah at his current state. Unless if amsah hasn't been practicing either.

Edit: @ camilo. Why were you down? Need a pat on the back?
wow this guy. stop being emo. you know that you with a half decent controller is better then all of bc anyway...

idea

Smash Master
the only reason i take issue with that is that i know you're not gonna go looking for a new controller. you're just gonna say yours sucks and there's no hope and leave it at that =/

idea

Smash Master
i just realized what i don't like about marth! he's too grounded. i would wanna play him more like mango's marth. melee is about aerials.

I.B

Smash Lord
so me and camilo just tried out that synchtube thing i linked earlier... doesnt work smoothly at all :(

idea

Smash Master
first i need to work on beating kage with my main :p

but yeah, rewatching that video was part of what made me realize it. his marth is so cool.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think I had the most perfect run vs Akuma ever in Skyward Sword last night in Hero Mode and Ryan saw it. Strategy below after fiddling around against him for about 20 minutes. Subject to change based on new information; this is just from fiddling around for a bit.

parry > spin attack, parry > spin attack, mash wildly -- repeat this to beat 1st form, if he attacks twice then he staggers after the 2nd spin attack (horizontal had more success than vertical because vertical misses 2nd hit sometimes for some reason; more exploration may be required). not sure how to punish his "bait" move where he doesn't swing. not sure if you can. more research required.

second form strategy is still under heavy construction. so far i think the plan is to get him to shoot the lightning in any way you can; he usually does it after the dash attack so parry that, then move back and he often shoots it. then space so he won't dash attack but you're outside his normal swing range and raise the sword. shoot him with the bolt, mash wildly. rinse, lather, repeat. finishing blow; first always misses, second connects if you're quick enough (or so it seems).

if you're too far, he'll always dash attack and there's too much lag on the lightning infusion for you to jump or block. so you have to be close enough that he'll try to get the lightning himself, but not so close that you can be hit.

alternatively you can parry > slash for 8 minutes and there's nothing he can do about it but that's boring.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I think I had the most perfect run vs Akuma ever in Skyward Sword last night in Hero Mode and Ryan saw it. Strategy below after fiddling around against him for about 20 minutes. Subject to change based on new information; this is just from fiddling around for a bit.

parry > spin attack, parry > spin attack, mash wildly -- repeat this to beat 1st form, if he attacks twice then he staggers after the 2nd spin attack (horizontal had more success than vertical because vertical misses 2nd hit sometimes for some reason; more exploration may be required). not sure how to punish his "bait" move where he doesn't swing. not sure if you can. more research required.

second form strategy is still under heavy construction. so far i think the plan is to get him to shoot the lightning in any way you can; he usually does it after the dash attack so parry that, then move back and he often shoots it. then space so he won't dash attack but you're outside his normal swing range and raise the sword. shoot him with the bolt, mash wildly. rinse, lather, repeat. finishing blow; first always misses, second connects if you're quick enough (or so it seems).

if you're too far, he'll always dash attack and there's too much lag on the lightning infusion for you to jump or block. so you have to be close enough that he'll try to get the lightning himself, but not so close that you can be hit.

alternatively you can parry > slash for 8 minutes and there's nothing he can do about it but that's boring.
yeah there's a video of a japanese player bodying him in like 30 seconds

and summoned, I thought you were going with tinman? I need Melee players in the hotel room lol

idea

Smash Master
yeah i'm probably gonna go in for that hotel room soon. but as i told jack on facebook, my last assignment of the semester is due by midnight tonight so i was gonna work it out tomorrow i guess.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
i really want to... but the trip will cost around $300 with current megabus tickets....

i talked to tin man and the details are all set and i guess i like the layout... i just don't knw if i want to drop 300 on this trip lol

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
ya i looked about a week ago they were $40 one way

they're still one way $40. reason i didn't buy them way's head of time was cuz of the new job. like, i don't know, the money really isn't that big of an issue... i still have $100 saved from pound

in the end, i know i'll likely love the experience, but it's just me paranoid with bussing for the first time. i work the next day and don't want to be stranded in another country LOL

Top Bottom