• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Wang.

Smash Apprentice
Alright lol, I actually have to get some studying done too so I'll probably play for only an hour... or 2.

We'll see what happens, I might have to do OT at work on Friday so I probably won't get there till like 9 anyways.

Bing

Smash Master
So I finally won my first UU battle on Pokemon Online using my team consisting of Delibird, Starmie, Mamoswine, Dewgong, Abomasnow and Blastoise. I was determined to win with a Delibird in my team.

My current record, 1-4 :(

unknown522

Some guy
the only reason i take issue with that is that i know you're not gonna go looking for a new controller. you're just gonna say yours sucks and there's no hope and leave it at that =/
what do you know?

I dont' want to spend any more money unless either the controller is guaranteed to be good, or is actually new.

i don't see why execution can be so dependent on a 'working/personal' controller

just get a new/unused'ish controller and go from there and break it in.
no ****.

ppl in the gta free this friday evening?

preferably ryan since his house is in a convenient location lol
I'll be home. But will you actually come?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You kids complaining about stuff like Mamoswine being UU.

Me complaining about ****ing Entei and Mew being UU.

(all suggestions about Arcanine being better than Entei will be ignored)

Rikana

Smash Champion
Anyone free to play melee today? Need one more at my place for doubles. Camilo wants to practice for apex.

:phone:

idea

Smash Master
Anyone free to play melee today? Need one more at my place for doubles. Camilo wants to practice for apex.

uhh i'll think about it, who else is there? is anyone crashing?

if i come i can't get there for several hours anyway though, i have to drop off an essay at york first. also i'm leaving my house right now lol

Europhoria

Smash Lord
what do you know?

I dont' want to spend any more money unless either the controller is guaranteed to be good, or is actually new.

no ****.

Host something when I get back and play with my controller. If you like it, you can keep the circuit board, etc. I just want the shell and I'll order a new controller.

I haven't been able to play since that last A/C I was at lol. There's no reason for me to have a controller. Even if I could play I've started to hate this game so much of because of Puff. If you can't find a controller either way, just play her and circumvent having to be good at anything in the game except for waiting.

Rikana

Smash Champion
No one at the moment. If you wanna come, come soon please. They're gonna arrive soon and Camilo has to leave early today. You can crash tho if you need to Kyle.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Back in my day

Hail was a good strategy

Because every other team was 4-5 dragons and thus weak to ice

idea

Smash Master
Host something when I get back and play with my controller. If you like it, you can keep the circuit board, etc. I just want the shell and I'll order a new controller.

I haven't been able to play since that last A/C I was at lol. There's no reason for me to have a controller. Even if I could play I've started to hate this game so much of because of Puff. If you can't find a controller either way, just play her and circumvent having to be good at anything in the game except for waiting.
kind of a weird complaint since you don't actually have to play against any puffs. i mean, i understand the hate, but what does it matter if toronto only has one puff main and you almost never meet up with him in bracket?

No one at the moment. If you wanna come, come soon please. They're gonna arrive soon and Camilo has to leave early today. You can crash tho if you need to Kyle.

ehh, i'm tired and might be just a little sick. i'm just gonna stay home this time.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord

no ****.

pffff money says the guy who splits every a&c tourney first place prize hahaha

ya i'm thinking maybe 10pm or 11pmish? is that too late? i have to drive a friend from guelph to a bus station, go see holly, see what's up with irving, then potentially come lol. if you can have me over like anytime, i'm more than likely to drop by :) last time i came over at like 7pm you just woke up tho so i'm sure you can start the day with me :D

also, i'm not done my exam til 430pm, so leaving guelph at that time will be a pain....

You kids complaining about stuff like Mamoswine being UU.

Me complaining about ****ing Entei and Mew being UU.

(all suggestions about Arcanine being better than Entei will be ignored)
lol umad mew got mad demoted

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Back in my day

Hail was a good strategy

Because every other team was 4-5 dragons and thus weak to ice
back in MY day hail was a terrible strategy because snow warning didnt exist yet, and if teams wanted to run 5 dragon types they were forced to used altaria (these were also the days when stuff like claydol/donphan/slaking/milotic/medicham were considered OU)

and i dont even consider myself an old school pkmn player

unknown522

Some guy
but you also have multiple options for borrowing one...and if you borrow one now you could get used to it by apex...
I have tried several people's controllers over the years, and I liked mine more than most of them. It also takes months to get used to a controller when you have to do so much while playing.

On top of that, I'd have to still borrow a controller. What if the person needs it?

lol jiggs.

But yeah, I'll try it out.

pffff money says the guy who splits every a&c tourney first place prize hahaha
ugh

ya i'm thinking maybe 10pm or 11pmish? is that too late? i have to drive a friend from guelph to a bus station, go see holly, see what's up with irving, then potentially come lol. if you can have me over like anytime, i'm more than likely to drop by :) last time i came over at like 7pm you just woke up tho so i'm sure you can start the day with me :D

also, i'm not done my exam til 430pm, so leaving guelph at that time will be a pain....
that's fine

idea

Smash Master
well, you can try any of my 4 alternate ones, but they're all bad, which is why i never use them :p the black one i got back from imadh a while ago i haven't tried out yet, but i assume there's a reason he gave it back lol. and josh said he didn't like it either.

the orange one is way too stiff, and the other two have been worn down by a year+ each of jigglypuff aerial movement and the joysticks are super sensitive.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
im @canadian tire so i gotta make it quick haha

if anyone wants to meet up at the subway and go to the megabus together lemme know, camillo i texted so far

no internet at home so text me !

Europhoria

Smash Lord
kind of a weird complaint since you don't actually have to play against any puffs. i mean, i understand the hate, but what does it matter if toronto only has one puff main and you almost never meet up with him in bracket?
I don't care if I have to play you. It's an evaluation of the game. I have no motivation to get better anymore, maybe that's because of how long I played the game or whatever but I mean really... What's the point of learning to DI, Combo, etc. when someone can just pick up Puff, DI into a triple knee + get out played really hard and win anyways spamming crouch/b-air without linking more then 2 moves at any time + cause you missed like one l-cancel.

idea

Smash Master
I don't care if I have to play you. It's an evaluation of the game. I have no motivation to get better anymore, maybe that's because of how long I played the game or whatever but I mean really... What's the point of learning to DI, Combo, etc. when someone can just pick up Puff, DI into a triple knee + get out played really hard and win anyways spamming crouch/b-air without linking more then 2 moves at any time + cause you missed like one l-cancel.
lol, well i'm not interested in arguing against all of that, i already know it would take too long and we'd never agree anyway...but, you don't like the matchup with marth? i mean, of all the characters, marth is pretty well-equipped to deal with puff.

sauc3

Smash Lord
i love this post,

puff is still free, seriously just play her for a week and you'll see all of her glaring weaknessess.

I.B

Smash Lord
marth ***** puff. real talk.

only thing that sucks is getting edge guarded and duck dodgerin
No.

Also, I was looking through Ryan's Pound 3 photo albums on facebook and holy ****... EVERYBODY was at that tournament. Just off the top of my head right now: Mango, M2K, Forward, Wobbles, Cort, PC, Husband, Wife, Overtriforce, Strawhat Dahean, Darkrain, Dope, Sliq, Azen, Jman, Hax, Silent Wolf, Chu, Chillin, Neo, Hugs, Cactuar, chaddd, Plank and bunch of others. So glad I was there lol

Top Bottom