• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Summonedfist

Smash Lord

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i think thats a pretty good set. only skimmed parts tho. They weren't even camping really, just playing the gay matchup
From what I can tell, Kalamazhu's lifespan is prolonged by Johnny not really knowing the nuances of handling a standard Peach. Ambix plays kind of weird (iirc) and I don't think there's another Peach in their region. Their punishes are kind of weak in a lot of situations, which doesn't help. They both have a lot of chances to up air, up smash, or do various other moves like that to the other but they opt for like nairs and stuff.

Johnny keeps trying to force KOs with down smash when he's got momentum. This is a problem vs the character that flies / can fly OOS / etc.

Rikana

Smash Champion
If you consider $150 for a bouquet cheap. They normally go for a lot less. High demand on vday and labor fee for design. I only bought a dozen too.

:phone:

idea

Smash Master
for $150 you could buy her a psp instead. way better gift.

or like, a $150 gift card to a clothing store.

srsly though, i would just get flower seeds, that's more romantic. then you can say "they'll grow and blossom over a long period of time, just like our love."

Windrose

Smash Lord
Just print a picture of flowers on your printer. You can print exotic flowers too like Durians.

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
Thanks.

Also, I see you are playing Dungeons of Dredmor and Binding of Isaac? Nice.

Love BoI especially. DoD is too buggy, but still a good game overall. Wrote a review for them both actually. ;)

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
Wow...I'm no where near 100% in that game, but then again, I stopped playing for a while. Don't think I'll ever bother, but I will go back to it every now and then. I still haven't seen all of the items, which is what I want the most. ;)

Best run (or at least my favorite run) was when I got the Dr. Fetus/Fetus in a Jar item (shoot bombs instead of tears) and a TON of upgrades specifically for bombs. Homing on enemies, bigger explosion/more damage... It was glorious. Thanks Lucky Rabbit's Foot. :awesome:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Dredmor... I just love roguelikes in general. They tend to be really hard, and in DoD's case it has a high degree of customizability with regards to character builds. So far farthest I've made it was level 4, but I'm still learning the mechanics.

Isaac... just fantastic. I'm kinda favouring dredmor over it, but eventually I'll get around to it. I'm such a completionist when it comes to achievements... which reminds me, I still need to 100% Portal. I got "technology" once in an Isaac run, so great. Runs a little laggy on my computer though... :/

Also thanks to the humble bundles I've got a huge backlog of steam games to play and finally have a computer to play them on :)

idea

Smash Master
Wow...I'm no where near 100% in that game, but then again, I stopped playing for a while. Don't think I'll ever bother, but I will go back to it every now and then. I still haven't seen all of the items, which is what I want the most. ;)

Best run (or at least my favorite run) was when I got the Dr. Fetus/Fetus in a Jar item (shoot bombs instead of tears) and a TON of upgrades specifically for bombs. Homing on enemies, bigger explosion/more damage... It was glorious. Thanks Lucky Rabbit's Foot. :awesome:
yeah that's pretty much the most broken combination you can get.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I normally don't like to play boardgames but there's this one I'm currently addicted to. Its really straight forward and easy to play. It does revolve around dices but it has a good amount of strategy involved as well. Has anyone ever played Settlers of Catan? I can bring it whenever I meet up with you guys.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Its a minimum of 3 players and max of 6 (original is 3/4 and expansion can make 5/6 possible). I have both so its all good.

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
Oh, well, that's a coincidence. Turns out that I'm actually a huge board gamer. Recently got into the hobby about a year ago. :)

Settlers of Catan is the bread and butter of "euro" board games. It is considered the number one gateway game when it comes to getting people into the hobby. Although, funny enough, I haven't played it yet...

My favorite game right now is called Eclipse. It's a space empire building game. You explore, settle planets, research technologies, build ships, wage war. It's pretty epic.

Check out 7 Wonders. That's another, more simpler game I'm really loving right now as well.

Edit: Actually, my avatar is art from a card game I'm really into right now called Omen: A Reign of War.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I've always liked board games. I remember there was a time when I'd play stuff like Risk almost daily.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
ive always wanted to play Risk with the smashers i know just so i could see how stupid/funny the strategies we'd use would be....having kyle or someone take over my country would make me lol hard

Ministry

Smash Ace
risk is boring, and leaving everything to dice rolls seems like a waste of time.

why not play chess

also settlers of catan is a great game.

Rikana

Smash Champion
There seems to be enough interest for Settlers of Catan. I'll be sure to bring it whenever I meet up with you guys.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
you guys should just have an age of empires 2 side tourny next time.
****S UNREAL

or champions of norrath pvp
someone tell me they've played champions

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Imma be in toronto this weekend and atleast until monday. I'll prolly be doing other stuff with friends tho and not available to smash really.

but if you have smashfests on tuesday or wednesday or soemthing I might stay for a while longer and drop in

idea

Smash Master
i could check if i can host this weekend, i mean as long as people would come. on weekdays i'm only free to smash somewhere else though.

Top Bottom