• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
saiyans are fine in high altitude

vegeta was just super desperate to win and probably didn't think of his own survival at the time. his space pod and his super durable nokia remote would've gotten his ship to him in just the nick of time, tho

also, keep in mind when bardock approached frieza he was pretty much the only saiyan up there. the rest of the guys were frieza's multi-specie'd henchmen

but yeah, coming back from kamehameha lolol main char status yo

Sanu

Smash Champion
best feeling. feeling it now

not sure how im 500/800 words on my essay already, just gottaaaaa

:phone:

I.B

Smash Lord
Lol oh ****... Goku's kamehameha beat out the supposed planet killer yet Vegeta still came back ready to fight. Somehow this never fully clicked in my brain lol thank you Tristan

This whole "saiyans can't breathe in space" notion has been pretty inconsistent in DBZ. I remember Frieza mentioning it to Goku on Namek as it was deteriorating. Yet you'll see scenes like Bardock in space vs. Frieza and also the scene where Vegeta's in space going SSJ for the first time.

All in all, I loved that voice actor for Vegeta. Sooo sinister ahhh DBZ had such a different feeling before Funimation took over completely.

Rikana

Smash Champion
DBZ abridged does pretty good voice acting for vegeta. It almost sounds the same too. But yeah, I love vegeta's voice in dbz. Goku's american voice sounds so much better than the japanese counterpart.. one of the few voices americans done right.

I'll never get tired of the first time goku became a super saiyan.

Bing

Smash Master
Nobody will ever get tired of that moment, its so awesome. And yeah Ryan, I watched that video recently of Bardock back in Time when he fights Lord Chilled and goes Super Saiyan. I love that video? Have you seen Plan to eradicate the saiyans? Pretty decent video :p

Rikana

Smash Champion
Does anyone legitimately enjoy GT? GT was such a joke to me. I actually want them to start a brand new series of Dragonball. New characters and all. I'd definitely watch it. There has been many videos of dragonball arcade games in japan where it branches off from DBZ. You actually see trunks go SSJ3.

Bing

Smash Master
I watched GT... I forced myself to sit down and watch all 63 episodes. wow 63... less than any Saga in DBZ. If they made a new show, with even new races, I'd watch it, because they kinda killed the whole option of different Saiyans unless they were offsprings.

I saw this game they made where you played as someone who used cards to gain powers and stuff... <--lame

Unfortuantely, the creator has no urge or motivation to make another series (Keep dreaming AF believers)

TinyB

Smash Rookie
Im a falco main who wants to get into competitive melee, Yhii is my best friend, can anyone offer quick advice for a noob? hope to see you guys around, ive heard some great things.

idea

Smash Master
1. come to A&C games on march 24th; bring $20
2. use lots and lots of B, down+A, and down+B
3. if you don't already know, you should learn how to L-cancel and wavedash (among other things, but those two first)

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
edit: whatever guys. Freeza's blast sent bardock back in time...
that's why he's hte most POWERFUL BEING IN THE UNIVERSE

This whole "saiyans can't breathe in space" notion has been pretty inconsistent in DBZ. I remember Frieza mentioning it to Goku on Namek as it was deteriorating. Yet you'll see scenes like Bardock in space vs. Frieza and also the scene where Vegeta's in space going SSJ for the first time.
implied that the **** produced air ;) or the moon/rock he was on had air :)

Windrose

Smash Lord
I dunno much about fighting games but there are way more recent footages and they were talking about damage scalings and stuff. I have no idea what the heck they were talking about but the creators seem to have decent experiences with sf, mvc and the likes

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Rumour has it that phone companies all across Canada will be creating a phone with "Indeed" as an additional button to the keyboard due to the immense amount of interest.

Ministry

Smash Ace
I have a rough plan for europe.

currently it is.

Fly to Germany, travel within and work in various hotels.

travel west to the Netherlands. work in Holland and Amsterdam.

travel south to France and work/travel/wine taste.

travel to Italy or Spain. don't know yet.

currently i have 12300 dollars. I wonder how long i will make it last.

im not sure how much i will have subtracting the initial flight, euro rail pass and reserved money for flight home.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
12300 isn't much and may not last you long in europe =\

at least, if you're planning long term, and buffering gaps where you're looking for employment

also, what's the story behind zeldadias? i like some of the stuff he did, but ppl were surprised he was allowed to enter. what did he do? pull a djnin10do?

idea

Smash Master
he was down on his luck during genesis 2 and tried to steal several thousand dollars of the prize money. possibly the entire pot, i don't remember, but it was a lot. and since dbr was hosting it he would have been stealing from his friends he's known for years. so yeah i'm surprised people are letting him enter stuff too.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
It was 6000 I think, and they had to eventually call the police before he told them where the money was. It's been quite a while though and if he was down on his luck and not just trying to get a free ride, I'd hope they'd at least let him enter even if they are somewhat hostile towards him, I doubt he'd pull off the same thing. I still feel somewhat bad for him, losing his friends and being shunned from tourneys and such, although I don't know his situation at the time.

Top Bottom