• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Kyle, don't forget to bring the cable, I need that to record.

Also, also, does A&C have a recording set-up now? I'll still just set-up the secondary recording thing then.

idea

Smash Master
Kyle, don't forget to bring the cable, I need that to record.

Also, also, does A&C have a recording set-up now? I'll still just set-up the secondary recording thing then.
yup, i actually brought it on thursday in case you showed up :p

they were streaming ffx for a while on thursday. but i'm not sure if they left everything set up or not. or how the quality was.

unknown522

Some guy
Guys, what program should I use to rip videos from twitch? I spoke with neko and tin man, and most likely the remaining vids from Impulse will never go up. So I'm currently trying to do it myself. Once I rip the vids, it will still probably take a while because my computer is abysmal.

:phone:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
So someone combined Bits & Bites with the Hawaiian Mix at my work.

And now I'm back on bulk largely to supervise.

Some of the mistakes made at the store seriously baffle me. I don't understand how someone *could* make that error.

idea

Smash Master
I enjoyed it. I hope you enjoyed it. You better have enjoyed it.

Also, all the videos are up, I'm just making the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/user/JethrotexMeleeFun

I DID IT!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14993533
it was very good :)

also i just looked up a particular scene from a particular previous episode to confirm something. and i was right. and i'm glad i was right because it makes things more interesting.

So someone combined Bits & Bites with the Hawaiian Mix at my work.

And now I'm back on bulk largely to supervise.

Some of the mistakes made at the store seriously baffle me. I don't understand how someone *could* make that error.
you need a new job :/

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
hey guys,

i don't know if you guys would know, mainly directed at james/kurtis i guess, but are there any competitive brawl players that go to university of guelph?

there was a brawl tourney tmrw and i was thinking of entering for the lawls.... but metaknights banned LOL and i was surprised to see that....

sauc3

Smash Lord
hey guys,

i don't know if you guys would know, mainly directed at james/kurtis i guess, but are there any competitive brawl players that go to university of guelph?

there was a brawl tourney tmrw and i was thinking of entering for the lawls.... but metaknights banned LOL and i was surprised to see that....
if there are any they aren't ranked cuz everyone good is from gta, you should be able to clean up, who do u play? lol

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
it was very good :)

also i just looked up a particular scene from a particular previous episode to confirm something. and i was right. and i'm glad i was right because it makes things more interesting.
Your probably not saying what particularly to avoid spoilers but I think I can guess what your talking about and I can say that watching the first season over again will make it much more interesting since they actually foreshadow a lot of it whereas all the philosophical stuff might seem random at first.

There's supposed to be a mini series that takes place between series about the state of Europe at the time but its not out on the internet yet. Apparently they're releasing the DVD with English subtitles in January, I really respect Bandai and co. for knowing people like watching Japanese with subtitles, they even put it on youtube instead of cracking down on uploaders.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
hey guys,

how about you come to loo and play melee with me instead :(

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
if there are any they aren't ranked cuz everyone good is from gta, you should be able to clean up, who do u play? lol
lol "who do you play" i was gonna just screw around with MK but now i can't... and it really does surprise me that the club went from "herp derp FFA 2 stock tourneys" to srsmode and mk banned O_O

i'm probably just gonna go snake... i don't know the game at all LOL any tips what to look for from noobs? i probably can't even identify any of the start up animations to 70% of the moveset from the whole cast

how about you come to loo and play melee with me instead :(
i have a midterm friday lol the brawl tourney is nearby :p and has legit prizes that i want a shot at xD

idea

Smash Master
try marth, he's pretty familiar for people who don't play brawl...basically the same moveset except 99% less combos and side-b is good.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
lol "who do you play" i was gonna just screw around with MK but now i can't... and it really does surprise me that the club went from "herp derp FFA 2 stock tourneys" to srsmode and mk banned O_O

i'm probably just gonna go snake... i don't know the game at all LOL any tips what to look for from noobs? i probably can't even identify any of the start up animations to 70% of the moveset from the whole cast

i have a midterm friday lol the brawl tourney is nearby :p and has legit prizes that i want a shot at xD
You're such a Jew oh my god

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
How to win noob Brawl tournaments (by character)

***** = Really good choice for noob tournaments
**** = Good Choice for noob tournaments
*** = Average choice for noob tournaments
** = requires a bit of practice, but ***** if you do practice
* = noobs may be able to beat you (probably not though)

MK - lolbanned
ICs - Spam smashes. Use CG if you know how. **
Olimar - Throw Pikmin, pivot grab, Usmash *****
Falco - Shoot Lasers, Spam smashes, Chain Grab ****
Diddy - Bananas, get good item control and **** noobs with bananas (and spam smashes) **
Snake - Spam Ftilt, Utilt at kill percents *****
Marth - Space with Fair, Spam Smashes *****
Pikachu - Spam Thunder and Dsmash *****
Wario - Spam Fsmash, Fart every minute or so ****
Zero Suit Samus - Dsmash, then combo out of it ***
Lucario - Spam Smashes, get hit to raise aura ***
King Dedede - Spam Bair, Utilt for Kill, CHain Grab ***
Toon Link - Camp like there's no tomorrow ***
Wolf - Spam Smashes ***
Mr. Game & Watch - Spam Smashes *****
Fox - Spam Smashes *****
Peach - idk, Peach doesn't seem to have any real spammable moves that **** noobs that I can think of, Float can give you combos I guess, but you'll need to practice *
Pit - Spam Arrows, Side B, Smashes
R.O.B. - Spam Smashes and nair ***
Kirby - Spam Bair, Jump up above them and Down B ****
Sonic - Run away, Spam Smashes **
Donkey Kong - Spam Smashes ****
Ike - Spam Smashes *****
Sheik - Use speed to **** people ***
Yoshi - Spam Smashes, Neutral B, Egg Throw **
Ness - Spam Smashes and Fair, Side B, Bthrow for Kill ***
Pokémon Trainer - Squirtle Spam Smashes, IvySaur Spam BulletSeed, Charizard Spam Rock Smash ****
Luigi - Spam Smashes, Up B for style ****
Lucas - Spam Smashes ***
Mario - Spam Smashes, Cape ***
Samus - Spam Projectiles, Zair ****
Bowser - Spam Smashes, Fire Breath ****
Captain Falcon - Spam Smashes ***
Jigglypuff - Space with Aerials, Kill with Smashes/Rest if you can ***
Link - Projectiles, Smashes ****
Zelda - Spam Smashes, Dtilt locks ****
Ganondorf - Spam Smashes, Tech Chase with Side B, Uair***

I think the easiest way would be to go snake and use Ftilt and Utilt

You're such a Jew oh my god

You say that like it's a bad thing.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
"Ness" and "win brawl tournaments" do not belong in the same post

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
That might explain why AP Renekton borrowed my copy of Brawl...aside from wanting to play PM. Idk, best chance that you'd have someone who'd beat you is if A: Phuong is home for no reason whatsoever and he showed up. B: Waterloo peeps like Hype heard about it and actually care to go out of their way. C: You get really frustrated.

unknown522

Some guy
try marth, he's pretty familiar for people who don't play brawl...basically the same moveset except 99% less combos and side-b is good.
Kyle, you're doing it wrong. He should learn ICs infinite(s) and just spam grab/blizzard

That's how ally gets through pools at MK ban tourneys. Cuz they're so boring. Lol

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i went to montreal for a brawl tournament this weekend and we had a vote on whether to ban MK or not

i voted with a coin toss for "ban"

afterwards i found out "ban" won by 1 vote

welp

Top Bottom