• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Miller

Smash Lord
Just a heads up guys. Tournament in St.Catharines on the 15th. 10$ entry fee. I believe it will be reduced if you bring a cube + Melee(And its used) and further reduced to 5$ if you bring a TV too. Prize is in Store Credit - Its a card shop mostly but they have some cool models and **** as well.

The address is

2 St. Paul - Near the TD that Kyle and Mike slept in
Its going to be from 1-9(Approx.)

I'll be making a thread for this when I stop getting distracted by Pokemon Flora Sky.
Brad, just a heads up, most of us wont continually go for in store credit prizes. Entrance fee should be split 70/30, 30 goes to venue, 70 goes to pot for top placers. If its done with an Entrance fee and a tourney fee, say 10 for each, that would work equally as well too. That would mean more cost for the people going, but there will be more of us willing to go if its an actual tournament with a pot for top prizes instead of in store credit that we will never use.

idea

Smash Master
^ yeah, i don't think other people are gonna be interested in store credit, the only reason i'd be okay with it is that i could use it to get christmas presents :p

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
St.Catherine's a dangerous place. Be aware of the closest TD
LOL.

Only in Niagara.

Edit:

If anyone from the GTA randomly ends up coming and for what ever reason housing with Bing doesn't work out or there is any remainder or what ever else you will have guaranteed housing from me (I don't live with that ******* anymore if any of you remember lol).

unknown522

Some guy
LOL.

Only in Niagara.

Edit:

If anyone from the GTA randomly ends up coming and for what ever reason housing with Bing doesn't work out or there is any remainder or what ever else you will have guaranteed housing from me (I don't live with that ******* anymore if any of you remember lol).
omg I remember that. The one Asian guy was such an *******.

I was gonna fight him

:phone:

Bing

Smash Master
Brad, just a heads up, most of us wont continually go for in store credit prizes. Entrance fee should be split 70/30, 30 goes to venue, 70 goes to pot for top placers. If its done with an Entrance fee and a tourney fee, say 10 for each, that would work equally as well too. That would mean more cost for the people going, but there will be more of us willing to go if its an actual tournament with a pot for top prizes instead of in store credit that we will never use.
I know, I don't want it to be store credit, its his tournament, i'm just doing all the smashboards work because I know more people in the smash community then he does. He thinks that he can get enough people from his own store community and with anyone that I bring in. I'd rather it be cash too. Based on Niagara Standards and everyone that plays here that I've played, i'd be in the money :/

I'm going to keep talking to him to see if we can make it Cash prizes. I suggested venue fees and just splitting the pot but I mean again, its his tournament, I'm just trying to make it good :/

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
We should talk about Kels and how much we love Kels. The fact that Kels is the most lovable Kels there is, and could UN-doubtibly be Canada's mascot should he cross the border.

FREESTYLE - Your favourite kels quote:

~I know! I cannnnn't believe it~

Name search fodder too good.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Brad I hope you don't intend to stay with the Toy Trove for more than a month....I won't be entering with store credit and it's a complete waste.

We want to revive our scene and I personally feel this is a huge step backwards.

Brad can we talk about TO'ing? I was just about to rent out Club La Salle for $200 for the day and run a real SSBM tournament.

I appreciate your enthusiasm towards the scene and respect your recent activity, though your experience in TO is nill and it's showing right now.

Bing you're really cocky to think you'd place in the money here in Niagara....half our scene was drunk at the fest you played at and you act as if no one else is as good as you.

I.B

Smash Lord
club la salle was a sickk venue good **** niko

lolol dayum, pm bing dude dont expose the man in front of everyone

I.B

Smash Lord
this just in: Ryan tweeted to inform us that he is currently banned from Apex

(sry for the double post)

Ryan says the following:
" I almost killed inui"

"So he was yelling **** within earshot range once again in my set vs m2k. I told him to stop and how I warned him before. He kept talking back as then I paused the match and grabbed his neck, almost punched him"

"Later on after my set vs hax, he said some more **** and then he turned his back....then chokehold. People stopped me and then we talked it out"

"This is the 4th time he did this **** and he didn't listen"

"But I don't really care that I'm banned sorry to say"

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
how are you getting there? i forget if all the cars are full yet

who's busing btw

oh also, coffeblack/bernal/whoever else is in that room, i'm housing with internet explorer atm. sorry :p
yeye no worries. also were probably gonna bus

Top Bottom