• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
GTA Power rankings makes the most sense I've ever heard actually.

With two back to back tournies, we'll have some hard evidence to judge on, and it gives people something to train and set themselves for.

- More importantly, its quite the perfect thing to train for TransCan... Seeing as thats like the summit of all Canadian melee tournaments (as brawl will be coming out.)

And with that the rules are set, these next two months will be it.
Lets make them interesting gentlemen.

-Oh yeah, anime north is going to be bull****, I'm calling it now.

THEZIMMEISTER

Smash Rookie
Hi... I'm George Zimmer - Founder And Ceo Of The Men's Wearhouse. And I Want To Bend You Over A Ping-pong Table And Force You To Read Harper's Bizaar While I Violate A Series Of Your Orafices. I'll Count Each Plunge Of My Invader In Greek. You'll Come So Hard Your Nose Ring Will Magnetize. I Guarantee It.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Dont feed the trolls! :psycho:
lmao, ok.

Alright, if we have a ranking battle on the 21st I think (Ryan suggested this and I like it), for the tier pools, the person who places first in the pool should keep going up until he loses. After that we should have a double elimination tournament so we can analyze it a bit more. That way I can try out my tourney program :cool:

And finally, where should we have it? I don't think Matt's will be a likely option.

ChrnoX

Smash Cadet
I like that idea aswell cause than ppl could actually move up the ranks not just move like 1 spot even though they got better than the 1st place person.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
For ranking battle we should do random pools that seed into double elim brackets. That way at the end of the day theres enough hard evidence to tell how well someone ranks. There should also be more then just one panelist.

-Shamelessly volunteer's himself for the job.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
lol anime north is going to suck but i'm going anyways lol. my friends (omg i have those wtf) are anime freaks so it'll still be fun.

Ranking battle sounds good and GTA rankings sounds like it would be a good idea.

efex

Smash Cadet
Is anyone doing anything this weekend, i wanted someone to practice with. Playing my friends just isn't cutting it any more its making me worse =[

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Is anyone doing anything this weekend, i wanted someone to practice with. Playing my friends just isn't cutting it any more its making me worse =[
I'm available. Actually I'm trying to learn Sheik as a second. She seems like a good second. She's got advantage (or even match) on all the characters the Ice Climbers despise (Samus, Marth, Peach) and seems fairly cool so I think I'll try to learn her.

So yeah practice would be good for both of us lol. Your place is probably better than mine, I've got crazy siblings.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Wow, I got mindgame'd. I thought you posted that, Grmo.
roffllll... its funny cause Grmo doesn't look much like DSMANIAC92
I might be around...
I'm available. Actually I'm trying to learn Sheik as a second. She seems like a good second. She's got advantage (or even match) on all the characters the Ice Climbers despise (Samus, Marth, Peach) and seems fairly cool so I think I'll try to learn her.

So yeah practice would be good for both of us lol. Your place is probably better than mine, I've got crazy siblings.
Yeah, Sheik is good and you can be decent with her quickly. The key is to do wierd stuff, because Sheik is much more predictable than others. Learn some cool technical stuff. Reverse needle cancelling is good, then try to be creative and build on it.

OMG 800th POST

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Yeah, Sheik is good and you can be decent with her quickly. The key is to do wierd stuff, because Sheik is much more predictable than others. Learn some cool technical stuff. Reverse needle cancelling is good, then try to be creative and build on it.
lol technical Sheik? Isn't that like an oxymoron?

But yeah... Sheik demands creativity because she has a fairly constricting moveset. She's kind of like Jigglypuff in that regard.

-ZERO-

Smash Cadet
Let's not forget that performance in Doubles and Crew Battles should count towards your ranking.

Adnan talked to you about coming to Dzenan's apartment on Friday, right?

roffllll... its funny cause Grmo doesn't look much like DSMANIAC92
I was actually talking about tect's post.

Zoh My God, David is willing to use a serious character.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Hosting mini-smashfest on Sat.

Sorry, can only bring a few people, and people around my age (or look my age) allowed, parents' rule..

So far, I think (****, I think that's all that can come):
-Imadh [-ZERO-]
-Grmo (Dude, Jeffman's busy on Sat, you still coming?)
-Dzenan [the problem]
-Johnny [CUBE/gutsman0x]

Make sure to bring monies for food.

Maybe someone can bring another Cube for the smaller TV.

lol, we'll see if we can record matches.

Saturday. Be on MSN around 3-4, and I'll IM you to come.

efex

Smash Cadet
we should have a small 5 dollar tourney lol. like next week
you calculated that if you win you will be able to get yourself a controller finally :D,
if its just 5 bucks i think thats a good idea

(sorry double post)

Top Bottom