• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
k.

Singles Pools:

I 2-0ed my entire pool, 1st seed. top 4 made it out.

Round 2 pools I *****. I lost one match against a midwest Sheik named Phatgamer but still got 1st seed.

Doubles...Mike and I ***** everyone in first round, and in second round top 2 teams advanced and we got 1st seed. We beat hungrybox and hiroshi for that seeding. We have a recording of us ****** Darkrain and Wife in the second match of brackets...but they made a comeback. :(

Beat Wife a ****load of times, close games with Cactuar, some close friendlies with M2K at Darkrain's house. I can take his Marth down to one/two stocks but his Fox CGs me all day. Scar and I go about even. Darkrain ***** me mostly but I do pretty good against him if I'm not nervous. I took 2 stocks off him in crews.

In crews I was with Scar, Gotm, Wife, and S0ft.

Um...got alot better vs. Falco and beat Lambchops in the majority of our friendlies on the second day. Same situation vs. ColBol an other FL players.

Basically I can beat everyone pretty consistantly, Mike too. M2k simply ***** me, Darkrain is almost the same except sometimes I take matches, Cactus beats me but its close in tourny. He 2-0ed me here, I 2-0ed him in Georgia.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Cactuar is too cool.
I won't lie, I don't think there was much of a chance of Bernard not placing in 4th. I didn't feel like anyone in the bracket besides the 3 above him would be able to beat him there. We did well in doubles, but it was really frustrating to lose the way we did. I had more problems facing Scar then Jiano X.X

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You guys realize that the GTA (+ Niagara in brawl) now have some of the best players in brawl and melee? And the placings to prove it?

GTA = Too good for smash.

Wangster

Smash Apprentice
nope. i go to school around there though... so if YOU live around there we could play at your place.

and if you guys are 15... doesn't that put you in grade 10?... i cant lie there is no excuse to sacrifice video games for grade 10 homework :) haha procrastination for the win

ps: i'm asian to haha
LOL i cant, my parents r strict wen it comes to studies, we can play at ur place or friend's on monday

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
LOL i cant, my parents r strict wen it comes to studies, we can play at ur place or friend's on monday
haha ya thats cool mine are to. they aren't overly open to smash events at my place... nothing against smash lol they don't like strangers... so then the question is... who wants to open their house up to us on monday haha

Ðesh•

Smash Cadet
haha ya thats cool mine are to. they aren't overly open to smash events at my place... nothing against smash lol they don't like strangers... so then the question is... who wants to open their house up to us on monday haha
that sucks, and doesnt make much sense XD

"how can you not like strangers? everyones a stranger until you meet them >_>
so not liking strangers is not liking people in general. and if you dont open yourself to strangers you're not opening yourself to friends!"

thats the arguement i give you to say to them. ^_^

dmac

Smash Champion
raynex, europhoria, idea

thanks again for making the trip down. i didn't really know the strength of canadas players and you even hype up several others above you! wish i had more time for friendlies with everyone but i was kinda busy, or raynex was teaching me about 3rd strike which is probably the most fun game in the world second to melee... :) exmode raynex is too good and awesome awesome job takin 4th and beating hungrybox in bracket play.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Toronto getting some respect.

sounds good.

anyways melee plans?

Im free friday and saturday.

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
OMG GTA ALL DAI !!!!!!! way to go guys kick a$$. Can't wait to watch tourney vids and make sure you post plans cuz im defnitly down this weekend, especially if someone can host a cambrigianin for a night :D

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
There was this Mexican guy named Lovo or Lobo or something. He was the only Link that made it to round 2 pools. He was AMAZING.

I played him 3 times and he beat me every single time. Ask Mike. It took me a while to get used to it...

He would do point black boomerang to Sh bair (moving forwards) -> utilt -> scrah

The he'd techchase me on platforms in dair for kills. He gave me more trouble than Skler did at pound 3.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
Saturday Maybe I'll host something. If not Kyle said he might be able to. I'm going to York smash tomorrow though.
hey what time sat!??! i believe i'm free in the afternoon!... yes i know afternoons are lame but its all i got lol

Ðesh•

Smash Cadet
depends on what school district.
if its a pa day then all the schools in his district should have it off.
people from brampton and sauga etc wouldnt
unless sauga/brampton are part of the same school board. wich they arent :p

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
PA day for all high school or just yours?
Im not sure about elementary schools, but I believe the PA day is for all highschools, cause I usually dont share the same PA days as my cousin who lives in aurora because of the different school boards. However, we share the same one this time, so yea.... :)

Does anyone want to play on friday? I might not be home on saturday :(. But I just got my G2 today in Aurrora, and it was snowing O_o, so I can drive to places now :).

Sanu

Smash Champion
You've been cut from the smash roster, sorry. They replaced you with Sonic.

How's that for ultra fail?

Top Bottom