• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Do you really main kirby? If so, david will love you.

And I'd be like "yay more low tier practice! :D"

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
what?

i don't even play kirby these days

ever

if anything i'm going to be like "oh you silly goose. kirby's not meant to be played. he's a decoration meant to fung shui the character select screen."

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i love kirby

i hate how incredibly terrible he is

HAPPY BIRTHDAY E FOR EUGENE EVEN THOUGH I PROBABLY MISSED THE DAY BECAUSE I SUCK BUT OH WELL

HAVE PIE IN CONSOLATION

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
Do you really main kirby? If so, david will love you.

And I'd be like "yay more low tier practice! :D"
haha i actually put Kirby there back in the days of Brawl > Melee... back when i mained Kirby... it could go for some updating haha..but who knows... maybe i'll randomly bust out an awesome Kirby one day on you guys!... once i figure out how to get a half decent sheik that is haha

Ðesh•

Smash Cadet
Roy. I hate, hate, hate Roy. Anyone half-competent could be a great character if they swung around a big gigantic sword that set people on fire. That's what I call cheap. A real man wouldn't use a sword. And don't get me started on Link/Young Link. Not only do they have ahuge chunk of metal that's sharp, but they also use tons of bombs and a bow and arrow! I mean, what chance does an unarmed guy like Sheik have against bombs and a bow and a big ******* sword? That's what I call unfair.

Oh, and don't even get me started on Bowser. In a game with lots of normal little (unarmed) humans they stick a gigantic, super-strong beast? How is that balanced? Look at his up-b! It kills really fast and comes out in 4 frames and it has invincibility and no ending lag? CHEAP! I refuse to even play with people who play Bowser. He's almost as powerful as Mewtwo, who has all of those God-like psychic powers.

Real pros win with ordinary characters like Sheik who are just normal people with no godly tools that make them good. Now that takes skill.
looooooooooooooooooool

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
haha i actually put Kirby there back in the days of Brawl > Melee... back when i mained Kirby... it could go for some updating haha..but who knows... maybe i'll randomly bust out an awesome Kirby one day on you guys!... once i figure out how to get a half decent sheik that is haha
nah everyone is good with sheik once they play it lol, its just too good even just picking it up. But of course you can enhance the gayness with more practice lol.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol Scar is so good he is number 24 AND 37 on Idea's list. I'm going to **** you guys if I go to a Canada tourney, just ask RaynEx lolol

plus I'm way better than b4 WHERE ARE THE VIDS I WANNA SEE ME **** U LOLOLOLOL

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
looooooooooooooooooool
sryy for double
edit: wait nvm
post but desh can you link me to the thread where that quote is from.
NDot: well i slept around 5 and i woke up like right now XD and im goingback in 5 mins XD
Scar: its not **** if they like it =D

idea

Smash Master
I'm Smashboards, I Look All ****ty And Take Forever To Load Cause Things Are Being Changed Slightly

Duhhhh

edit: and i don't let you type in all caps!! why!?

TESTING....

alright, doesn't let you type in all caps by way of caps lock, but does if you hold shift and type. how strange.

TESTINg

^that was caps lock. so the filter seems to look for words typed in all caps, with caps lock on, and change themm into capitalized words. were there a bunch of very loud spammers somewhere?

TESTING AGAIN

OKAY, FORGET ALL THAT, IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING NOW. I'M VERY CONFUSED. I'M LEAVING THIS POST HOW IT IS FOR THE HISTORICAL RECORDS.

t3h stock slayer

Smash Apprentice
i have a feeling this weekend is gonna suck. seriously.
halloween might gimp this weekend if there isnt some sorta smashlloween thing =/
but so far i think i might host something , since it doesnt seem like much is going on =/.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Pika gets ***** because of his lack of move range/grab range/grab game. I also don't think he has much priority.

uair is weird though...it has like 4 different hitboxes with varying knockback.

edit: Kyle, I left the charger for my rechargable batteries at your house when we left on Sunday. It should say "coolpix" or something on it. Its black and has a cable attached to it for wall outlets.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
pika's uair changes its trajectory based on when/where it hits you.

half of pika's tail is disjointed. so his tail moves have good priority and not-terrible (but not great) range.

idea

Smash Master
Pika gets ***** because of his lack of move range/grab range/grab game. I also don't think he has much priority.

edit: Kyle, I left the charger for my rechargable batteries at your house when we left on Sunday. It should say "coolpix" or something on it. Its black and has a cable attached to it for wall outlets.
oh, right, i was wondering whose that was. i'll bring it tomorrow.

worldjem7

Smash Ace

first few frames of nair do a MINIMUM of trade with Fox's nair (as we've seen). I'm not sure if on frame 1 of pika's Nair that it might even beat it. Let's call SuperDoodleMan SuperDoodleMan SuperDoodleMan

It's mostly range that ***** pika. Range + getting CG'd.

u-air is so sex because of what david said which makes it feel that much better when you land a perfect tail spike mwahahah lol

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Pika's Nair comes out faster than Fox's.

frame 3 vs frame 4.

It also looks like if Fox full jumps the Nair, Pika's Nair would lose pretty easily.

But what do I know.

edit: kso I did some lazy tests, I found that out of 4 tests in 1/4 speed, Fox's Nair > Pika's Nair. Will test more, but unless Pika is literally inside Fox's body, Fox's Nair should probably outprioritize it. Use your legs.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
nah everyone is good with sheik once they play it lol, its just too good even just picking it up. But of course you can enhance the gayness with more practice lol.
haha thats why someone must help me train Ness once my sheik is respectable :)

Kyle that was indeed a historical event in the life of smashboards... that post should be stickied lol

worldjem7

Smash Ace
you're going to hold this over my head for all time aren't you. -_-

edit: kyle: thanks.
lol nuuuuu I didn't mean for it to be like that. <3 bernie

I was pointing out that specific part for the sake of the Nair vs Nair discussion.

It also looks like if Fox full jumps the Nair, Pika's Nair would lose pretty easily.
You did full jump Nair like david said and I did Nair under you and it won. So, I'm just wondering if that was a smash fluke or if Pika's Nair can actually beat Fox's in certain scenarios.

and LOL Scar. Most appropriate Avatar Ever.

and happy b-day stos! Remember to DRINK STOS RESPONSIBLY!

Top Bottom