• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
LOL lvl9 ganon
i heard maple story in the back loollll

to everyone going to the brampton tourney, gl
i can't goooo =[

i'm so bored =[
aww...

how much do new spines cost? would that be faster than recovering from surgery?

Wow Chris got ***** by life. And robbers. :(

That sucks. Condolences and whatnot.

This reminds me of the thread one guy made where he got robbed and then it turned out the robbers took every piece of gaming equipment in the house supposedly. And then he and his friends surveyed the damage and then they found out that the robbers left the copy of brawl and then they fell apart into hysterics.

Only this one isn't funny. :(
yeah. agreed. that sucks man =(

I don't remember what you look like at all lol. I just remember someone asking me liek "LUL WHO IZ DIS IDEA"
hehehe...that's so cool, having someone seek you out =D it must get annoying for people like m2k though. you'd be sitting in one place playing comparative scrubs all day.

and that teams match is funny. lol at edgeguarding nightmare with up-b. i just started playing the new FE on hard-level-2...or whatever you'd call it...the pirates in chapter 1 are pretty strong =P

idea

Smash Master
hehe, cool

it's too bad the program doesn't have its own set of fonts, or something. those are pretty recognizable. well, desh's at least. it's the "writing/arabic" type of font. also works for things associated with asian cultures, or even egypt.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
lol @ the intro's

Cool. But I'm not a fan of this whole lust for a combo video. Especially if it's just gonna be washed up bad combos compiled into a 15 minute video.

See SSBMetagame. Though some of the stuff was cool tbh lol.

Anything happenin' tomorrow?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
:laugh: just don't go emo after you lose a match or two @ the tournament, or consider switching character mains. Did you play Fox? We need to practice @ the tournament lol.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
traditional James claim, for ****s sake it almost rhymes. 2gud. :laugh: You better come man lol practice/play moar Fox. Watch vids and **** tonight. You'll like Cactuar's Fox, believe me.

idea

Smash Master
my eyes are tired. i started playing dkc2, but when i realized i was on the old computer (my laptop is being repaired), which has the good keyboard for emulators, i figured i should try speedrunning the whole game. so i got to animal antics and turned it off =P which means i had...

animal antics starting from halfway barrel thing, chainlink chamber, screech's sprint, last boss, bonus last boss, the bonus game in gusty glade/5th world, and one more bonus game (which i forgot on the way somehow) in rambi rumble.

and then i would have beaten it with full completion, minus talking to old teacher kong lady which for some reason gives you an extra %, and i was at around 2 hours of playing time when i quit. then i went to check the time on the world record playthrough, and it was 1:51 (for the actual video, not ingame time - but i counted on my computer clock for my time anyway).

so i'd say that's pretty good. i fastforwarded through the transition to and out of bonus games (too slow =P) and at the end of levels for the same reason. but i also died maaany times.

so if you crunch the numbers i haven't given you...that was pretty ****ed fast =D

tl:dr; i can beat dkc2 really fast

edit: and in further contrast with the previous post, i might secondary fox. i probably won't use him in tournaments ever except maybe in pools, but he's fun.

JPOP

Smash Rookie
i dunno fox is troubling cause i'd prob face a fox or falco and most fox's and falco's are better than mine so it wouldnt turn out so well.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Thats why you get a gamecube + tv with Melee, practice and watch some of the current Fox vids, play a lot like you are and presto, you're good to go. I meant Fox because he's INSANE in doubles. Jiggs will do I guess, just don't leave me hanging against like 2 Foxes LOL.

idea

Smash Master
kyle, I need Jiggs practice
cool. play me at stuff then. uhh...like this weekend. that's convenient.

and any particular matchups you had in mind?

i dunno fox is troubling cause i'd prob face a fox or falco and most fox's and falco's are better than mine so it wouldnt turn out so well.
yeah, exactly. this is why he works well as a secondary/counterpick character. it'd take a lot of work to be able to outcombo a spacey main. (what is the official spelling of the singular of "spacies" anyway?)

oh yeah, and people read my other post about dkc2. or just ryan. he's the only one who would care :laugh:

idea

Smash Master
"free online pokemon mmorpg!" that's a good targeted ad, smashboards.

fox vs. jiggs...basically just be raynex =P use fox's speed to pressure jiggs for a short while, then upthrow upair or start throwing out upsmashes. lasers help too but that's not as fun.

mostly, make sure you don't miss L-cancels, cause those can get you grabbed. and don't let them camp the edge for gimp kills (although i wouldn't do that anyway).

whenever someone plays fox vs. me for a while, then switches to marth or sheik or someone, i immediately am relieved that i'll now be able to keep up.

edit: i'm technical in games that aren't smash =P like kirby super star. if you're ice kirby you can dash attack, short hop spinny ice thing almost right away, and continue on with no lag. of course, everything dies in one or two hits, so it doesn't matter at all.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
desh/kyle/your intros look tight. good **** chris

oh, and check this out:

raynex sucks a nut anyway, guy has never been good. he does nothing but play melee and boast about it and still doesnt place well++loses to rusty players. tech skill still gets ***** by brains.
I found this randomly posted yesterday in a regional thread. lol..

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
james thanks for coming.
you opened the door for me to reading opponents & old school mindgames.
teams was soo jokes.
sheik sheik sheik =D
imma **** your girl everyone.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
There not sigs!!!! their intros :D

hmmmmm bernard u no wat u have to do right.....
yea thats what I meant. My bad I was tired when I posted that.

james thanks for coming.
you opened the door for me to reading opponents & old school mindgames.
teams was soo jokes.
sheik sheik sheik =D
imma **** your girl everyone.
yo stos you biter. You steal my Dk tricks and claim them as your own.

haha you guys are eventually going to spam shine shine usmash so much it won't be cool anymore. thats how you gaynex it up son. you don't use it all the time. :laugh:

oh, and stos...all this time we've been TRYING to teach the community stuff and only now you're realizing that reading is important.

lol ryan, david, mike and I should stop talking so much.

peterx

Smash Apprentice
Who's this Raynex guy? Anyway me and Stos are taking doubles and I'm most likely taking singles.

Just A Frog

Smash Cadet
singles is mine. Frog's tech skill is maximum LOL, yoo peter what time are my parents picking you and stos up, and at kipling station or islington station, oh and i need one of your cell numbers :p

Top Bottom