• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
grmo arnt u hosting a tourny right now..

edit: yes i'll join u on this quest, **Afro_Chris has joined your party**

dammit david u hurt my feelings =(

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Today was depressing. I feel legitimately depressed now.

EDIT: Not because I thought I played badly. I played very well as far as my current abilities/limits go. I'm just hags because Sauga is dead and I feel alone.

PS. If you ever see me using top tier characters, know that I am miserable. Less so with Fox and more so with Marth. Falco is my angry character. If I'm using Sheik, pause the game, take the controller out of my hands and guide me to a couch or something where I can sleep.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
( b ) You know, its never too late. says (12:53 AM):
its getting so lol now
brinstar combos
the only real brinstar combo
imho
was the very very first one
with the shield push
*Suju* --- The Slaughter says (12:53 AM):
which 1? >_>
oh
that was the gayest
no
my favourite was
what i did to your ganon
with like
*Suju* --- The Slaughter says (12:54 AM):
lava, d-air, lava, u-smash, n-air, knee
( b ) You know, its never too late. says (12:54 AM):
i see
*shifty eyes*
what kind of ungodly d.i...
LOL
that was in marco's basement
the first day i started playing it vs. you
and you were trying other chars vs. me there
i see
when people say
remember that time you played ganon
or, remember that time you played falcon
i keep thinking to myself
man. i wish i was playing sheik that day
( b ) You know, its never too late. says (12:55 AM):
then nothing bad would have happened
it wouldve been all this bull**** tilt out-prioritizing nonsense to silly novice edge-guards
*Suju* --- The Slaughter says (12:55 AM):
LOL
or maybe id just do alot better because of her complex, thought-provoking combo game
*Suju* --- The Slaughter says (12:55 AM):
i love you
( b ) You know, its never too late. says (12:56 AM):
which tests the limits of the mind and body with its intracacies and nuances
( b ) You know, its never too late. says (12:56 AM):
*intricacies
*Suju* --- The Slaughter says (12:56 AM):
LOL
*Suju* --- The Slaughter says (12:56 AM):
i love sheik >_>

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
**random** but i just found out tonight that i have a separated shoulder n its been like that for over a week now n i had no idea lol. i thought it was just back back pain =S

idea

Smash Master
Sheik makes me lock myself in my room and read stupid books to get away from the painful reality where she exists. Pretend this is the Fox boards for a second.

Do you have any advice for not making Sheik make you feel miserable? Why is she such a hag? It just makes no sense.

also this is cool. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/afro_chris-vs-unknown522
use her only for combos...see how many you can get in a row (including techchasing). then she just feels like falcon minus some cool and plus some likelihood for things to work. when i play sheik it's more about techchasing them for as long as i can than winning.

except when i play a falcon, then it's more like, let's see how many times i can use f-tilt without being punished for it.

(shut up, mike, i'm not a sheik main)

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
holy hags, that's not good. go see a chiropractor or something fast.
yeah im being a little chicken **** cause they gotta push it back into place. but im going to see my physiotherapist on Tuesday **sigh** so we shall see what happens...

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
yeah im being a little chicken **** cause they gotta push it back into place. but im going to see my physiotherapist on Tuesday **sigh** so we shall see what happens...
hags. good luck.
use her only for combos...see how many you can get in a row (including techchasing). then she just feels like falcon minus some cool and plus some likelihood for things to work. when i play sheik it's more about techchasing them for as long as i can than winning.

except when i play a falcon, then it's more like, let's see how many times i can use f-tilt without being punished for it.

(shut up, mike, i'm not a sheik main)
i wasn't actually asking for advice on how to play her. it was more of an existential question, as in "how can i prevent her presence in the game from destroying my sense of self-respect. playing her is akin to getting *****. like i said earlier, if you ever see me playing sheik, know that i am miserable.
spoc results - singles

vwins got 3rd
bam got 7th
kage and pkm got 9th

spoc results - teams

vwins and bam got 2nd behind jman and hax
pkm and kage got 5th

details here http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7199577&postcount=5500
yay quebec

Rikana

Smash Champion
So I plan to join the smash events after school's ended for me. I talked to some people already and I'm interested. I'm mostly interested in the smashfests currently held at yorkU every wednesday night though. Do you guys still plan on keeping it going throughout summer? I'd come in a week or so to see how it's like.

Do you guys play any other smash though? I play all smash (brawl+, melee, 64) but not brawl. Hope to see you guys someday.

idea

Smash Master
So I plan to join the smash events after school's ended for me. I talked to some people already and I'm interested. I'm mostly interested in the smashfests currently held at yorkU every wednesday night though. Do you guys still plan on keeping it going throughout summer? I'd come in a week or so to see how it's like.

Do you guys play any other smash though? I play all smash (brawl+, melee, 64) but not brawl. Hope to see you guys someday.
what does this have to do with condom commercials?
people who post in this thread mostly play melee. almost exclusively melee, actually. we should probably work in more 64 since i think most of us like that one too.

as for york...i don't think any of us know what's going on over the summer, since it's an unofficial club and all. but i don't see why it couldn't. i hope they don't start closing the rooms earlier over summer or something.

to be safe, i say you start coming to them now =)

which characters do you play in 64 and melee, by the way?

edit: hey wait, what? 2006?

Santana

Smash Apprentice

Come to York, then. We mostly play Melee, little Brawl+, and rarely some 64.

Although, I agree with Kyle. We need more 64.

idea

Smash Master
Any smashfests happening Tuesday-Thursday?
you could come to york on wednesday too.

although it's already kind of cramped, we have multiple tvs, but they're in separate rooms (and can't be moved), so usually people don't want to spread out that much =P but yeah, wednesdays around 6 at Founders College at york university, if you're interested.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
you could come to york on wednesday too.

although it's already kind of cramped, we have multiple tvs, but they're in separate rooms (and can't be moved), so usually people don't want to spread out that much =P but yeah, wednesdays around 6 at Founders College at york university, if you're interested.
I think I'm one of the few people that will actually move to an empty room to play on a setup.

Every time, I'm in the empty room with only David or Eric or Mike.

Which is great because it just means more playtime and secrets.

Rikana

Smash Champion
what does this have to do with condom commercials?
people who post in this thread mostly play melee. almost exclusively melee, actually. we should probably work in more 64 since i think most of us like that one too.

as for york...i don't think any of us know what's going on over the summer, since it's an unofficial club and all. but i don't see why it couldn't. i hope they don't start closing the rooms earlier over summer or something.

to be safe, i say you start coming to them now =)

which characters do you play in 64 and melee, by the way?

edit: hey wait, what? 2006?
Because playing Brawl gives you aids. Yeah, I plan to start soon. But not until exams are over for me. I play falco and falcon in melee. I like to play everyone in 64, but my skill level varies for them. I like playing samus for 64 the most. Start having more 64 smashfests. :) But I'm mad rusty at both games. I've been recently picking up melee again.

And yeah, I've actually been lurking since '05 and decided to join at '06.

idea

Smash Master
haha, nice, you already play good characters in melee. samus is probably the worst one in 64, but you'll learn kirby soon enough =D

hmm...i suck at 64, so i mostly play ness and techchase with dair. upc+down+R, over and over, with moving around when they tech it. and other than that i play kirby and...i dunno, lots of dair again. that game is so fun.

my friend is borrowing my copy right now, but i have my n64, so can someone start bringing their copy/nonhorrible controllers to smashfests?

idea

Smash Master
double post for interest.

eric, remember when you said marco beat the first two worlds of dkc2 in half an hour? i wanted to try that too. so i just did that in 26 minutes...and i got all the bonuses and dk coins...and i died twice. =D

Wangster

Smash Apprentice
Because playing Brawl gives you aids. Yeah, I plan to start soon. But not until exams are over for me. I play falco and falcon in melee. I like to play everyone in 64, but my skill level varies for them. I like playing samus for 64 the most. Start having more 64 smashfests. :) But I'm mad rusty at both games. I've been recently picking up melee again.

And yeah, I've actually been lurking since '05 and decided to join at '06.

i like you already :)

Santana

Smash Apprentice
haha, nice, you already play good characters in melee. samus is probably the worst one in 64, but you'll learn kirby soon enough =D

hmm...i suck at 64, so i mostly play ness and techchase with dair. upc+down+R, over and over, with moving around when they tech it. and other than that i play kirby and...i dunno, lots of dair again. that game is so fun.

my friend is borrowing my copy right now, but i have my n64, so can someone start bringing their copy/nonhorrible controllers to smashfests?
I'll supply controllers (2 only, I can't find my other 2 atm) and the cartridge.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I still have my n64 as well. I used to play on emularena quite often but stopped for about 5 months so far. I don't know how my samus is like on 64 the actual system though. I gotta boot it up to give it a go. I probably won't be too bad even though samus is bottom tier.

I'm probably not too bad at melee as well. I definitely won't consider myself a nublet, but I'm probably more than a casual player? I think i got potential to be good. I just needs more people to play with. :) I'mma try making my falcon sexy.

I think I can make it to the yorkU smashfest this week. Who's gonna be there?

Top Bottom