• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greatest Link combos project.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Im trying to make a Link combo video displaying several great link players. I already have found some pretty good Germ, Aniki, Zeruo, SS4Ricky, and Smasher link footage. Also I would like to showcase maybe some Lovo, Skler and Deva but I dont know where to find their best combos. So anyone know any good youtube videos where an amazing link combo is pulled off by any good Link player and it doesnt need to be any of the links listed it can be different ones I overlooked. So please help me out even if the video does end up being mediocre at best, I just don't know how many Link Videos I can go through by myself to find great combos.

I just kind of want to also see which combos everyone thinks r the best link combos or what combos they want to see in a link combo video. Though I do think the combos should be from more so serious matches so they r more legit without to much terrible DI and tech skills causing the combos. Another thing to know is all the link players will be fully credited before their combo segment and everything.

Spife

Smash Master
<3 last place of vids made from one player!
where the **** is yours stos?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ official teen titans crew combo video trailer going up tonight son LOL.

i have one but its like out-dated.. 2 or 3 years old of nonsense.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
So far I have 56 combos tightly packed with in 8min 30 seconds. When I am finally done you wont really want to blink while watching it......

Spife

Smash Master
the names are hard to make out, that's all I can say.
The quality is low thanks to youtube, any way you can put it up some where (not the trailer necessarily) so we can download a better quality version when you're done?

also, put me in plz >_> :)

Sanu

Smash Champion
The first clip in that video isn't a combo... just pressure.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
the names are hard to make out, that's all I can say.
The quality is low thanks to youtube, any way you can put it up some where (not the trailer necessarily) so we can download a better quality version when you're done?

also, put me in plz >_> :)
I will find a combo or so of yours and put it in cause its suppose to include representation of many link mains lol. What other site do you advise I upload a better quality version so then I can do that?

Oh yeah but I won't put combos in of Links players like this one. Even though the combos are comical classics. EPIC!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pfz1796eXQ

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
we should make a smashboards combo video made of all OUR best combos too
:D

im gettin sum recent matches posted soon so, the idea just came to mind
and stos+skler's sick combos need to be recognized

but ya i hope you have germ vs DSF projectile combo on Dreamland in that video

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Well I am close to done I have alot of combos and players in with an extremely short title so there is more room for clips. Just to warn you guys I didnt put in alot of video effects because I figured every second counts in order to put the max amount of combos in, Also with that being said the combos might seem kind of fast because I treid to make the clips contain the entire combo yet take the least amount of space up possible. I am going to check a couple more times for good combos on youtube that I may have missed then I am going to make sure all the combos are decently enjoyable to watch and delete some depending on how boring they seem or if I must in the case I am over the max youtube time limit. Thus far I have 9 minutes and 50 seconds worth of combos which is like 70 combos. Maybe 3 or more might be on the cutting board. So for those extremly bad at math thats about 7 combos per minute. The combos are about 5 to 10 seconds each for the most part but some are longer I dont really think many if any are shorter cause that would be awkward.

I have plenty of germ and aniki. Not alot of Anikis videos are up anymore it seems and he doesnt necessarily have astonishing combos but I put more combo like clips of his in instead of an abundent amount of his projectile spam clips like the previous combo video made with him in it by crowe_1. Although Aniki is kind of known for his projectile spam. I tried to give ppl a good representation of Aniki in this vid because oddly enough I hear ppl complain about how they dont understand why ppl say he is the best. I didn't want to have to many germ clips in since he already has three combo videos but his combos are to good so I just had to put a good amount in.

For the players who already have combo videos I tried to find more recent clips of combos they pulled off so the video isnt to generic. Also i tried to include combos no other combo video has included yet.

Heres another short preview let me know if the player names are legible enough and not to much in the way because another thing I need to add is the player titles in the clips because some players have one or two clips in the final video so I dont really want to go with segments for each player. Instead I kind of want a mixed order of clips
Give me any final advice cause I dont know if the vids going to be as big of a hit as you guys do lol. I will get it up in less than a week though.

Preview The 2nd- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taHoJHgJs_0

One more thing I have a couple questions before completion. Anyone know where I can find that ledge guard combo by Javi in Gimpyfishes Metagame Zelda segment asides from his video? cause it looks pretty sweet. Also the max youtube time limit for a video is 10 minutes right?

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
quality over quantity
Thanx for the advice maybe I will make more changes than I thought but Idk yet but the combos I selected are pretty good. I wish I could just have someone look it over for me before I post it when I feel Like I am completed with it. Because I really want it to turn out well and be worthwhile. Also does anyone think maybe breaking it down into 2 segments like part 1 and 2 or something would be a good idea?

Spife

Smash Master
I have a bunch of "segments/continuations/some combos I'm sure" from a tour I did of the NE that were suppose to go into a combo. If you want something not from my combo video pm me and we can talk.
/ego
:)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ obviously i mean like hes the person that made people pick up Link. i just didnt include him in the video i posted earlier cause im pretty sure we've seen all his combo videos.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
dont sleep on this guy.
my fav link combo video since like 06.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OLvv6jO7HQ&feature=related
Hahaha nice... HDL's guide and videos got me started playing Link seriously. Good to know Link players haven't forgotten him even though he hasn't been around for a while (to my limited knowledge).

The video compilation thing's looking alright.

Man, haven't paid attention to the boards in a while... what's been happening with Melee Link?

Stos I checked out that Teen Titans trailer... it's pretty good. Obviously not the 'too amazing for human eyes' bull it says it is haha. Your clip in the video is pretty nice though. The bomb reverse jump throw to second jump waveland off the stage nair edgeguard thing was impressive. Seems like you've gotten a good deal better since I last saw your matches... probably late 2007 or something.

Anyways, good to see that people are still repping Link after all this time and the junk that Brawl was.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ excuse me sir where have you been?!
come out more please man! LOL we have like 3 Link mains in gta and plus you.. would make 4 LOL we'dd **** in crewe battles.

Spife

Smash Master
lol the reverse throw waveland off was pioneered by germ. still was pretty stos

rhan

Smash Hero
This is an amazing idea. I want a download link to this once it's complete.

Top Bottom